collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Placeholder acessories  (Read 712 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Placeholder acessories
« on: March 08, 2020, 04:37:24 AM »
I just found an ebay listing that sells small samples of lace in different colours. I have tried for ages to find the lace ribbons for the UK Sweetheart Sisters but I realise that's probably going to be a long wait! What kinds of things have you found to use as placeholder accessories?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Placeholder acessories
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 04:53:10 AM »
I think a lot of us will need to see that, not just for SHS but for Fancy Pants too!!!

I often buy ribbons for my Ponies at to me they don't feel right without a tail ribbon. There are some great repro accessories as well, eg I just found out Panda on here has repro Cookery Pony aprons, while Pink Kittywinks's bandannas have been integral to most of my male Customs, except the ones she made bowties for. Sometimes I make my own, like I've used Apoxie & paint to make six treat buckets for Halloween themed Ponies, or like spare Apoxie from other projects (if I mix too much) makes teddy bears & xylophone beaters (I found out Apoxie can dye so colour won't be an issue unless I want the stuff to glow in the dark). For food anything meant for Barbie or Sindy-sized dolls can do for Ponies except the meat (if meat comes in any of my lots it goes to the doll people anyway, but the fruit & veg are great, as are the milk cartons & so on), while I find 1/12 dollhouses fit most Ponies (except the smaller G4s). I've been getting wooden dollhouse kits & building & painting them as Custom playsets for the Ponies, & also found a shop room second-hand I turned into the Pony Library with dollhouse shelves.

I know that looks like a lot but there are still many things still to cover...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 05:06:35 AM »
I think a lot of us will need to see that, not just for SHS but for Fancy Pants too!!!

I often buy ribbons for my Ponies at to me they don't feel right without a tail ribbon. There are some great repro accessories as well, eg I just found out Panda on here has repro Cookery Pony aprons, while Pink Kittywinks's bandannas have been integral to most of my male Customs, except the ones she made bowties for. Sometimes I make my own, like I've used Apoxie & paint to make six treat buckets for Halloween themed Ponies, or like spare Apoxie from other projects (if I mix too much) makes teddy bears & xylophone beaters (I found out Apoxie can dye so colour won't be an issue unless I want the stuff to glow in the dark). For food anything meant for Barbie or Sindy-sized dolls can do for Ponies except the meat (if meat comes in any of my lots it goes to the doll people anyway, but the fruit & veg are great, as are the milk cartons & so on), while I find 1/12 dollhouses fit most Ponies (except the smaller G4s). I've been getting wooden dollhouse kits & building & painting them as Custom playsets for the Ponies, & also found a shop room second-hand I turned into the Pony Library with dollhouse shelves.

I know that looks like a lot but there are still many things still to cover...

Wow it sounds as though you've done a lot! I've always wanted to play with epoxie but never got around to it. Someone on here actually made G4 Pinkie's canon before it came out in a playset.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 05:31:41 AM »
There are also a large variety of animal toys I use as pets for the Ponies. The Custom Bellas are by no means the first cats to arrive in my Ponyworld; there are also Schleich, LPS, In My Pocket & various Phonies of those three, just to start.

I recently found a dress pattern for adult G1 Ponies on Etsy, & have sometimes used Pony clothes themselves as rough templates for new garments. I've made a hooded cape for one Pony, & a neon orange outfit for another. I haven't made shoes yet, but I've sculpted wi Fimo: seven dragons for my Custom pegacorn Princess & the second set of six, alternative pets for the Best Friends, a pet penguin for Waddles & alternative twin babies (with hair) for Surprise Twins Mum, & they both fit!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 04:05:00 PM »
alsorts over many years......now trying to remember :lol:
- satin ribbons of course, :P
- then princess ribbons were a little hard, Sparkles and Serena's i could buy by the meter but Tiffany's (silver trim on white) i had to buy 5 meters as i had to get the whole reel.
- tiny pastel colour hair ties (hair elastics) i found were exactly like the baby's rattles holders.
- thin silver and gold metallic ribbon for flutter ponies
- also when i was lacking flutter wings for all my flutters i made mine out of pepsi bottles or H2go flavoured water bottles and used iridescent glitter paint on them. it did until i got the real ones which took a few years.
- dream castle banner/ ribbon flag, what ever they are called, i was missing most so bought yellow and dark purple felt material and  traced what i had.
- white felt material to make the tooth that went into the baby first tooth ponies pillow
- also pink felt for peachy's blanket from the pretty parlour
aaaaaaand purple felt for dream castles majesty's cap.

now im trying to think of anything else i did over the years  :wonder:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 04:11:42 PM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 07:08:41 PM »
alsorts over many years......now trying to remember :lol:
- satin ribbons of course, :P
- then princess ribbons were a little hard, Sparkles and Serena's i could buy by the meter but Tiffany's (silver trim on white) i had to buy 5 meters as i had to get the whole reel.
- tiny pastel colour hair ties (hair elastics) i found were exactly like the baby's rattles holders.
- thin silver and gold metallic ribbon for flutter ponies
- also when i was lacking flutter wings for all my flutters i made mine out of pepsi bottles or H2go flavoured water bottles and used iridescent glitter paint on them. it did until i got the real ones which took a few years.
- dream castle banner/ ribbon flag, what ever they are called, i was missing most so bought yellow and dark purple felt material and  traced what i had.
- white felt material to make the tooth that went into the baby first tooth ponies pillow
- also pink felt for peachy's blanket from the pretty parlour
aaaaaaand purple felt for dream castles majesty's cap.

now im trying to think of anything else i did over the years  :wonder:
Little Pony Heaven has/had templates for nappies (diapers???), Dream Castle banners, Pony cover blankets, bandannas & flutter wings (for use wi plastic bottles & glitter), among others.  I did make a purple Pony cape out of felt, but trimmed mine wi metallic gold ribbon for that extra royal touch.

I used to knit a lot of capes for my G1 Ponies as well. I might still be able to do that...

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 02:54:40 AM »
Original accessories can be so expensive, so I am definitely into reproductions/replacements! I've used all sorts of different ribbons (silk, metallic, cotton, lace....) though I do have some genuine pony ribbons now as well. I buy replacement bandanas and wings from Shadowonthemoon on Etsy. I made my own flutter pony wings at one time. And of course I give my ponies a lot of cute accessories that have no original counterpart: things like necklaces, bracelets, little skirts, hair accessories. My baby ballerina pony is wearing a Monster High CAM skirt and looks very cute in it!

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2020, 03:13:32 AM »
Remember those hairties made to look like tutus??? I bought loads of them & my Ballerina & Baby Ballerina Ponies love them!!! Cloth scrunchies can also make great dresses for Ponies. A few of my G3s wear some, while the red ones wi white fur are awesome festive skirts!!! Sorry I seem to post so much on here but every time somebody else mentions something I've more to add...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal