collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has Hasbro's Focus Changed?  (Read 9717 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Has Hasbro's Focus Changed?
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2012, 12:40:00 PM »
This is making me somewhat frustrated and slightly depressed.
It's clear that Hasbro is catering to the bronies, rather than the children.
I consider myself more in the "children" group than in the "brony" group to be honest. I realize that as a company, they're trying to make money and this is why they are doing it, but it still makes me rather sad. However, I'm more inclined to buy G1s and customs now because my interest in the G4 toys isn't as big as it once was.

I agree.  I'm also very tired of people arguing and getting bashed over liking a certain generation or people who are set in their ways about FIM and bashing other generations.  I mean, we never had to worry about threads getting deleted or locked because of certain people arguing or bashing.  I want the arena to stay peaceful and those who can't help keep it that way shouldn't be here, or find another place to be mean to others.

BerryPunch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2012, 12:41:09 PM »
I do have to admit, I'm probably in the "I really, really want new Hasbroc brushables, or even some Background Ponies from the show, but am fine with Blind Bags right now" category XD. The only thing I dislike is that I want ALL of the blind bags, but I can't find half of them. LOL. Maybe we'll get even more molds for BBs. Love all of the g3s in em.

Betelgeuse

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2012, 12:55:15 PM »
I consider myself more in the "children" group than in the "brony" group to be honest. I realize that as a company, they're trying to make money and this is why they are doing it, but it still makes me rather sad. However, I'm more inclined to buy G1s and customs now because my interest in the G4 toys isn't as big as it once was.

I agree.  I'm also very tired of people arguing and getting bashed over liking a certain generation or people who are set in their ways about FIM and bashing other generations.  I mean, we never had to worry about threads getting deleted or locked because of certain people arguing or bashing.  I want the arena to stay peaceful and those who can't help keep it that way shouldn't be here, or find another place to be mean to others.
There's people bashing G1 in here now!? Really? :O
You know, I left youtube because of that problem. I'm now really upset that this problem has spread to a collecting website that for the most part focuses more on G1 and the other older generations.

If people aren't going to be respectful of what others like, why are they here in the first place? I don't want people causing drama in what I thought was a safe place from it.

BerryPunch

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2012, 12:57:42 PM »

You know, I left youtube because of that problem. I'm now really upset that this problem has spread to a collecting website that for the most part focuses more on G1 and the other older generations.

If people aren't going to be respectful of what others like, why are they here in the first place? I don't want people causing drama in what I thought was a safe place from it.
I like what you like.  :wave: I'm a Brony. I like g4 better than g1, but I still love g1.

I say this website focuses on technicolor ponies!!!  ;)

Pinecone

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »
I hope they keep releasing g4ified g3's, in brushable form, too. There are a few nice G3's with rainbow manes and tails that I like.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2012, 12:58:28 PM »

There are people who are only fans of FIM and they think anything before FIM is--G1's and G3's are far less superior.  Some new people here are like that, and some aren't.  You can tell who they are by the way they act.

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2012, 12:59:06 PM »
There are a few nice G3's with rainbow manes and tails that I like.

:lookround: [also wants many rainbow ones]

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »
Looks like Hasbro has become Hasbrony. Sigh.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2012, 01:04:30 PM »
Wouldn't Chocolate Chipper be adorable as G4?
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2012, 01:04:43 PM »
We have to keep in mind that the stuff we see at Hot Topic are done by third party companies, and are brony-centered obviously.  I was excited when they started doing MLP at Hot Topic but I was hoping for more of a retro type thing since that's what they were doing before, like 80's and early 90's TV shows and stuff.  I was hoping to see G1 style shirts, or wallets or jewelry or something along with the brony stuff.

Betelgeuse

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2012, 01:07:00 PM »

There are people who are only fans of FIM and they think anything before FIM is--G1's and G3's are far less superior.  Some new people here are like that, and some aren't.  You can tell who they are by the way they act.
I only know of one person who is like that and I tend to ignore them. It makes me sad that people have to think something is any less "superior"
i guess there's not much we can do about it unless they break the rules. :(

BerryPunch

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2012, 01:07:49 PM »
Looks like Hasbro has become Hasbrony. Sigh.

Like what has been said above me, I think Hasbro itself is still catering to children, it's things like Funko and other third party companies.  :huh:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2012, 01:10:19 PM »

So what if someone likes G4 better than the earlier gens? Or even doesn't like the earlier gens at all? Last I checked there wasn't a requirement to like earlier generations equally to be here? As long as people are not making fun of someone for liking what they like (which I never see happening here) who cares if anyone has a bias for a certain gen?

So says someone who likes all gens equally as toys but likes the show for FIM best.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2012, 01:12:44 PM »

So what if someone likes G4 better than the earlier gens? Or even doesn't like the earlier gens at all? Last I checked there wasn't a requirement to like earlier generations equally to be here? As long as people are not making fun of someone for liking what they like (which I never see happening here) who cares if anyone has a bias for a certain gen?

It shouldn't matter.  That's right.  The point of this forum is to discuss MLP not specifically G1's, G2's, G3's, or G4's.

My point was that there are people here and on other sites who bash others for liking anything besides G4's.  I was not bashing people who like only G4's.  Sorry if you weren't talking to me.

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2012, 01:25:53 PM »

I don't think people act like that here. I don't know what you saw or heard, but the FiM fans are always nice and respectful to older gen fans. In fact, there is a great overlap of people who like both.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal