collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need a Talented RePair Artist  (Read 1134 times)

angela22

• Trade Count: (0)
Need a Talented RePair Artist
« on: February 01, 2012, 10:41:02 AM »
Okay guys, I posted earlier about a rehair, but now I am posting again, because I did inventory and can better give an idea of what I need done.  :blink:

I am officially looking for a very talented Rehair AND Repair artist. I have a B & G pony "Bouquet" who needs her head mechanism repaired. My husband fixed it completely, but then her head came off because the glue he used inside wasn't right - or something.  :huh: I realize this is a very difficult job and whoever tackles it would be a genius.... but.... this is what I seek  :cool:

Next, I need my HT pony "Tabby", to be cleaned inside and put back together in functioning order, i.e., the spring replaced inside her tail mechanism (you can find one at Ace Hardware). Again, out of the ordinary job, but...someone's gotta do it  >_<

Okay, and finally, I need two ponies rehaired: Moondancer and UK Baby Pictures. Both need to be rehaired back to original look, and I mean - original!  :P

So, who feels up to it? If you want to tackle a specific pony, but not the others, let me know too, that's fine. I just need them all to go to the Pony Hospital, or various Pony Hospitals.  :biggrin:

PM me or reply here - thanks guys!

angela22

Re: Need a Talented RePair Artist
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 04:16:55 PM »
bump bump?  :blush:

Offline MacabreDarling

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://macabredarling.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 09:11:11 PM »
There are lots of people here who offer rehairing service. But if you wanted to save yourself some money there are plenty of tutorials that make it easy to learn how  to do it yourself. ^.^ Otherwise, giving this a bump for you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Thank you tinrobo!

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 01:18:08 AM »
It would help if you said where you are? :)

The best person I know for restoration is Pinkkittywinks in the UK.

As far as mending the mechanisms goes, I haven't seen anybody offer that as a service, but I know a few people have attempted it so somebody might be willing to give it a go for you.

angela22

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 01:30:07 AM »
Cool - thanks guys!  :biggrin:

I am in Monterey, California... keep the ideas coming if you think of anyone local.

I can do rehairing myself, and can probably tackle the mechanisms too - but, to be honest - at this point I need to let someone else do it because I just don't have the time. As well as having two little toddlers to care for, I also work and various other things, and life is just too busy right now. So I figure at least I can help someone out to make a bit of pocket money and get it done.  :)

Let me know if you think of anyone...

Offline DevlishSmooch

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 03:21:41 PM »
I could do the rehairs for you if you are still looking for someone.  I'm definately not brave enough to try the girls with the mechanisms, though.  PM me if you're interested in having me do the other two.   ^.^

My Customs   WANTED: Non-discolored MO Scribbles (an even, creamy white would do)/MOC Bubbles!     DS Ref Sheet

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal