collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to price? Help please xx  (Read 145 times)

Offline claireconsterdine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
How to price? Help please xx
« on: August 02, 2022, 01:22:29 PM »
Hi where is the best place to ask a question about the value of some mlps please?
I'm looking at selling some but no clue where to start when it comes to pricing fairly to make sure I get good prices but don't over charge ppl? I'm looking to sell on ebay I think.
TIA

Moving over to the Corrall to get you more answers, thank you! -Tailrustedtealeaf
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 04:27:01 PM by tailrustedtealeaf »

Offline DrEsmeRose

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Tender Quill
    • View Profile
Re: How to price? Help please xx
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 03:34:44 PM »
Hi where is the best place to ask a question about the value of some mlps please?
I'm looking at selling some but no clue where to start when it comes to pricing fairly to make sure I get good prices but don't over charge ppl? I'm looking to sell on ebay I think.
TIA

Your best bet is to search the pony on eBay and sort by complete and sold. This way you can see what that pony has recently sold for and price accordingly, making adjustments based on the condition of your pony.
Wanted: All the ponies!
Mostly Piggies :P

Offline claireconsterdine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 10:55:01 AM »
Thank you 😊

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 04:25:59 PM »
Checking the sold listings on ebay is usually the best way.  Sold listings should be the priority over just completed(but not sold).   Sellers can set any price they want, but if nobody buys it, it’s not worth the asking price.  Also, try to find as many as you can.  Sometimes circumstances(crazy new buyer, exceptional condition, weird bidding war, etc) that create a fluke auction with an astronomical price.  If you can’t find any similar items, you can always ask around in the pony community. 

If you’re selling on ebay, you can always just put it up as an auction, not a BIN, and let the market decide what it’s worth.  Also, if you want the maximum price for your items, spend some time making the photos look good.  Wash and style the hair, light it well, and learn how to take really good pics.  And give a detailed description - especially the flaws. Nobody liked a nasty surprise, and taking the time to describe any problems 1) self-selects out any buyers who don’t want those flaws, and would return the pony anyway, and 2) gives all prospective buyers the confidence that you examined the pony carefully, and are giving an honest description of it.  Spending the time to present your ponies well can make a world of difference in the ending price, and it can mean the difference between an item that sells quickly, and one that sits there for months.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal