collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: International orders with TRU US  (Read 503 times)

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
International orders with TRU US
« on: September 19, 2013, 11:10:19 PM »
Hopefully this is the right board to post this to but I've seen a few people outside the US say they have ordered things from the US TRU website. Yet, whenever I try I always get a notice saying the items I've chosen cannot be shipped to the selected destination. It's always different items, as well. Am I just having bad luck and choosing the items that cannot be shipped to Australia, am I doing something else wrong or is this just a common problem?

It's really not a big issue but it's baffling me and I do not like to be baffled!

Thanks in advance for any advice, etc., and apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place. And apologies, again, if anything like this has already been posted. I tried searching but I find the results a bit confusing.

[moving to TS - kkat]
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:18:53 PM by kaoskat »
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: International orders with TRU US
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 03:58:21 AM »
Your in the right forum  :biggrin:

But I am in the US and really have no idea  :tellme: Hopefully someone can come along from your area with the answer.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 04:05:12 AM »
you are just unlucky to keep selecting stuff they won't ship :) i placed an order last year, it took almost 2 weeks to arrive (after constantly emailing the shipper and asking for updates) i will be ordering again from them next month, but i have noticed the shipping has gone up. last time i ordered the faves collection and gid zecora, and got the lot incl shipping for around $60. this time for the faves collection and a couple other items shipping was up around $60. but i think it still works out cheaper than what we'd pay for the goods if they were sold here :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 04:20:46 AM »
Thanks for the info Kezrob :)  I'm in the UK and never attempted it myself although I had heard others say they had ordered internationally from TRU.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 04:22:15 AM »
I didn´t know you could order internationally from the Toys r us website.

Offline kezrob23

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 04:44:35 AM »
yep you sure can!! it's a great way to get the us exclusives, but not so great on the bank balance :lol: here is a list of countries they ship to:

ANDORRA
ANGUILLA
ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
AUSTRALIA
AUSTRIA
BARBADOS
BELGIUM
BELIZE
BERMUDA
BRAZIL
BULGARIA
CANADA
CHILE
COLOMBIA
COSTA RICA
CYPRUS
CZECH REPUBLIC
DOMINICA
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
EL SALVADOR
ESTONIA
FRANCE
GERMANY
GREECE
GRENADA
GUADELOUPE
GUATEMALA
GUYANA
HAITI
HOLY CITY (VATICAN CITY STATE)
HONDURAS
HUNGARY
INDIA
IRELAND
ISLE OF MAN
ITALY
JAMAICA
JAPAN
LATVIA
LIECHTENSTEIN
LITHUANIA
LUXEMBOURG
MALTA
MARTINIQUE
MEXICO
MONACO
MONTSERRAT
NETHERLANDS
NEW ZEALAND
NICARAGUA
PANAMA
PERU
POLAND
PORTUGAL
ROMANIA
RUSSIAN FEDERATION
SAINT BARTHELEMY
SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS
SAINT LUCIA
SAINT MARTIN
SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES
SLOVAKIA
SLOVENIA
SPAIN
SWITZERLAND
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
UNITED KINGDOM
VIRGIN ISLANDS, BRITISH

they'd only recently started i think when i ordered, so hopefully their shipping agent i-parcel have gotten a bit better - parcels are fully trackable from departure to arrival which is fantastic, but i had to keep prompting them to update the information.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 05:06:10 AM »
you are just unlucky to keep selecting stuff they won't ship :) i placed an order last year, it took almost 2 weeks to arrive (after constantly emailing the shipper and asking for updates) i will be ordering again from them next month, but i have noticed the shipping has gone up. last time i ordered the faves collection and gid zecora, and got the lot incl shipping for around $60. this time for the faves collection and a couple other items shipping was up around $60. but i think it still works out cheaper than what we'd pay for the goods if they were sold here :)
Shipping in the USA has gone up a huge amount in the last year, hence why it is so much to ship from them.  You are also paying a shipping and handling charge and opposed to say having another member pick it up and ship the items deboxed for you, TRU will only be shipping it boxed which is again gonna rack up the cost.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline andibgoode

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 05:07:01 AM »

Hmmm. I tried the favourites collection once and it said it wouldn't ship! I think it might have been when there was a sale so maybe they don't ship when there's a sale on? I shall go try again I think. Thanks! :)

Two weeks is pretty good though. Usually stuff from the US takes up to four weeks to get to me.

Edit: I tried the favourites set again and I don't get the won't ship notification! The checkout doesn't load properly but at least I know it is possible to order some things. Thank-you! :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 05:17:54 AM by andibgoode »

Offline kezrob23

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 05:28:40 AM »
the faves collection was previously on pre-order, that may have been why it wasn't working. the checkout isn't working for me either, but did last week, so it may just be a glitch in the system. yeah, 2 weeks isn't too bad, but the carriers website actually says it supposed to be 5-7 day shipping... i was looking on an aus baby/kids forum about the shipping last time i ordered, and alot of others were having the same problems with shipping times. but at least it's fully trackable - that's always a bonus!!

just an fyi, once the parcel passes onto auspost, it doesn't require a signature on delivery, nor to be carded if you are not home. mine was left around the side of my house, i only realised it was there when i saw an email from auspost saying it had been delivered. it was actually stickered as "can be left unattended" or some such on top of the original shippers sticker of signature required.... hopefully that has changed tho!!!

Offline andibgoode

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 05:38:51 AM »
Ah, that's good to know about the checkout, kezrob! Yeah, maybe that was why it didn't work...I'll try again in a few days. :) Thanks, again.

Oh, my delivery person always leaves everything unattended - they just sort of ring the bell and walk away quickly.  :hmm:

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 05:40:03 AM »
To be honest, TRU international shipping seems to be very buggy. I ordered some stuff shortly after they announced the international shipping, and it arrived smoothly.

However, more recently I found an item I really wanted - At $65, it was a steal compared to the UK's extortionate pricetag of £100 (approx $160). The item stated it was available for international shipping, so I added it to cart. When I went to place my order, I was told it was not available for international shipping. I've tried several times since, hoping they've fixed it (or at least updated the product info), but alas.

Good to hear you managed to order the favorites collection though! :)

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline andibgoode

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 06:14:09 AM »
I'm glad it's not just me having trouble with that part, Sora! That exactly what happened to me with a lot of things. And thank you! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal