collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sticker Swap DONE! :o  (Read 28665 times)

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Sticker Swap ~Shopping!~
« Reply #375 on: March 10, 2013, 03:12:13 PM »
Tiki your fish look beautiful.  I miss having fish. I am a huge fan of goldfish.  They are plain and simple. I have actually never had a beta and I ought to try them out sometime.

:blush: Thanks. They are beautiful, probably becuase they are properly cared for..proper sized tanks with a heater and weekly water changes. Most people seem to think they are happy in a cold, tiny .5 gallon bowl which is not the case.  >_< If you do get one, please get at least a 2 gallon bowl and a heater. They are pretty easy to maintain as long as you do the weekly 100% water change otherwise ammonia will build up and that will cause issues or death. They do not, however need a filter - most are too strong especially in small tanks. Plus bettas like still water with not much current.

They are gorgous fish now but most were looking pretty sad when I got them from Petco or walmart  >_<

</end fish lesson>
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 03:21:15 PM by tikibirds »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 10, 2013, 05:07:32 PM »
What heat setting do they need?

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 11, 2013, 10:23:02 AM »
Awesome mail day! got some stuff for my swap partner. I think i have everything in for her :)

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 11, 2013, 01:43:32 PM »
Yay...I am waiting for mail.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 11, 2013, 02:57:44 PM »
*whew*
I think I'm pretty much done shopping. I might make another trip to the sticker store to pick up a couple of things I didn't get the first time, and I have some stuff on order in the mail.    I was just laying everything out, and boy did I go over budget! Did anyone else go  crazy with the stickers and the extras, or was it just me?
:p

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 11, 2013, 03:27:03 PM »
What heat setting do they need?

Between 78-82 is what most people recommend. A 25 watt heater in a 2-5 gallon tank is what I use ;)

and - joanne's had like no stickers  :cry:

peep  - i think most people go over on swaps. Only once did I stay within the price range and that was only cause I had like no money. I was only getting 16 hrs/week at 8.50 per hr

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 11, 2013, 05:01:34 PM »
*whew*
I think I'm pretty much done shopping. I might make another trip to the sticker store to pick up a couple of things I didn't get the first time, and I have some stuff on order in the mail.    I was just laying everything out, and boy did I go over budget! Did anyone else go  crazy with the stickers and the extras, or was it just me?

Yes me, I went over too on both stickers and extras. Yay...I am an over achiever and proud of it ROFLOL
I always go over on swaps...I just can't help myself...especially when it comes to things I love to shop for.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 11, 2013, 05:56:13 PM »
It's good to know that I'm doing it right:)  I was only in one other swap a long time ago.  It was a partner exchange swap(we shipped to each other).  I went all out, but my partner probably had to use some very creative accounting to get what she sent me to meet the minimum.  I think she was in a few other swaps, and sent me leftover bits and pieces from them.  I thought I'd just gone a bit too crazy since there wasn't a brag thread for that one so I had no idea what anybody else got, and that sticking strictly to the spending limit was normal:/  This is the first swap I've joined since then, and I'm just trying to to figure it all out:p  I tend to lean on the side of spoiling people when it comes to presents, so her package was a bit of a surprise to me. 

Regardless of what I get, I have had a lot of fun shopping:)  And as a bonus, I found a bunch of fun new places around town that I never knew about!  I really hope my partner likes what I got her:)

I have been all over the place looking for stickers, and I thought I'd share some of my findings for anybody who might be having a hard time finding a decent sticker supply nearby.  I have found a few unexpected places with a pretty decent selection of stickers. 

Target always has a few nice stickers.  Seasonal ones and character stickers are in the card section, usually at the endcaps.  Non seasonal stickers and scrap book style stickers are always near the office supplies/wrapping paper area.

Party supply stores often have sticker favors that you won't find other places.

Bookstores can be a good source if they carry other stationary items.

Hallmark Cards actually has their own line of stickers, and they're actually pretty fun!  I found a few really nice sets there:)

Dollar stores can have some interesting selections, depending on the dollar store.

I checked TRU and found a few packs of stickers by the party supplies.  Lot of character stickers there.

Drug stores and super markets are another place you can find small clusters of stickers.  Usually by the card section, sometimes by the seasonal items.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 06:03:53 PM by goddessofpeep »

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 11, 2013, 06:18:20 PM »
*whew*
:p

yeah, i ended up going overboard as well. It's a fun swap to shop for.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 11, 2013, 08:23:49 PM »
Target always has a few nice stickers.  Seasonal ones and character stickers are in the card section, usually at the endcaps.  Non seasonal stickers and scrap book style stickers are always near the office supplies/wrapping paper area.

Party supply stores often have sticker favors that you won't find other places.

Bookstores can be a good source if they carry other stationary items.

Hallmark Cards actually has their own line of stickers, and they're actually pretty fun!  I found a few really nice sets there:)

Dollar stores can have some interesting selections, depending on the dollar store.

I checked TRU and found a few packs of stickers by the party supplies.  Lot of character stickers there.

Drug stores and super markets are another place you can find small clusters of stickers.  Usually by the card section, sometimes by the seasonal items.

I tried all of these options  :cry: I did get some neat ones from target but they dont really go with what my partner asked for and I found some at yankee dollar store but you can tell by the quality that they are from a discount store, didn't see any in TRU - seen wrapping paper and ribbons but no stickers, walmart - wasn't impressed but did find G4 stickers  ^.^, Rite Aid - they used to have a nice stationary section bac in the 90's but not so much now and..I could probably try hallmark store in the mall. Maybe what I am looking for just dosen;t exist anymore. Back in the day, I could find tons of sticers by hallmark or American Greetings, now I see them only on ebay  :cry: eh, maybe i'll try etsy

Offline Foxfire

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Mad Woman with a Blue Box
    • View Profile
    • Foxfire's Finger Paint
« Reply #385 on: March 11, 2013, 08:55:09 PM »
Well, I work at Hallmark, so my partner is getting some of those most definitely. My store is also in a mall with an Archiver's Scrapbooking store, so I hit that up too. I get paid this week so I haven't done much shopping yet. I don't think I've even hit the min yet but alot of that is clever shopping. Hope to spoil my partner this week.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 11, 2013, 09:30:33 PM »
Do you like deco tape?

Do I like what??  :shrug: uh, I have hello kitty packaging tape if thats what you are talking about. It was either hello kitty or justin bieber..hello kitty won that match..

Speaking of Hello kitty - I am seeing alot of sticker designs with her and her friends (frog and black cat?) on it. YAY or NAY?

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #387 on: March 11, 2013, 09:41:07 PM »
Speaking of Hello kitty - I am seeing alot of sticker designs with her and her friends (frog and black cat?) on it. YAY or NAY?
im assuming you mean chococat and  Keroppi, i LOVE keroppi xD more then i love hello kitty, i love most of the other characters but keroppi is literally my favorite rofl.

I love deery lou too but I dont ever see much of them.

Do you like deco tape?

Do I like what??  :shrug: uh, I have hello kitty packaging tape if thats what you are talking about. It was either hello kitty or justin bieber..hello kitty won that match..

Deco tape is just like that, only its usually smaller. like this

just a random google image, hope that helps ^^
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 09:43:52 PM by TrueVampiress »
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 12, 2013, 06:43:09 AM »

I like Hello Kitty a lot and have a huge collection, but I don't want her in stickers because I have hundreds at this point.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 12, 2013, 09:14:13 AM »
OK, so I went overboard on stickers and now I'm  in the "extras" shopping phase for my partner. This is my first swap, so I hope my selection is good.

Here's a question: How do you store or display your stickers? In a box, album, scrapbook?
I have not had many stickers since my childhood when I kept them in a sticker album. Now I only have a few that I use in my journal (which is kind of turning into a scrap book). I'll probably start keeping them in a pretty photo box as I get more.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal