collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sticker Swap DONE! :o  (Read 28441 times)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
Re: Sticker Swap ~Shopping!~
« Reply #345 on: March 07, 2013, 02:32:53 PM »
I also bought something from China...I hope it gets here on time.  Sometimes things come really swiftly and other times it is months!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 07, 2013, 04:20:21 PM »
I also bought something from China...I hope it gets here on time.  Sometimes things come really swiftly and other times it is months!

Oh I think you will have enough time since the very latest you can ship is like the end of April...you will have it by the end of this month.  I bought something from Canada and am hoping it doesn't get lost and I get it in time.  Even if it takes a month I would get it in time because that would be the 28th of March for me.  Whenever I buy from China, I am always impressed with how well the shipping goes.  I think 3 weeks is the max I have had to wait and sometimes I have gotten things in two weeks.  When I order things from Japan it takes a little less time and I wonder why that is.  I ordered some gifts for friends here for the Christmas season and customs agents opened both items. Urrrggggg

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

sugar_apple

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #347 on: March 07, 2013, 05:19:43 PM »
tula, great if it took just 3 weeks. Last time I ordered something from China it took over a month to  get here (and never less than 3 weeks for sure). For comparison, my latest order from Japan took 3 DAYS. And Japan is actually farther away, what gives. (big packages do take longer though)

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 07, 2013, 05:27:49 PM »
tula, great if it took just 3 weeks. Last time I ordered something from China it took over a month to  get here (and never less than 3 weeks for sure). For comparison, my latest order from Japan took 3 DAYS. And Japan is actually farther away, what gives. (big packages do take longer though)

See what I order probably only weighs about 6 ounces.  Maybe that is why it doesn't take a month, but also it depends on your seller too.  Sometimes they do not ship it quickly. (This has happened to me very slow to actually put the item in the mail) If they wait a week and then ship well...it will seem like it took a month when in fact based on when they shipped it...it only took 3 weeks.  They lie too, they tell you they ship things on certain days and then come to find out..nope...lol.   I do agree though that its possible to have any international item take a month or longer to ship especially if it gets held up in customs or set aside somehow.  I have had things from Canada take a month or longer and that makes no sense to me.  I have had really good luck with super China sellers, but then again, I only buy from the ones that have lots of feedback and 100% to boot.  A lot of China sellers have issues I don't want to deal with and you can see that in their feedback profile.  There are some really good sellers though and I buy from them over and over because, they are always good.  They even provide tracking numbers for me.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 05:31:21 PM by tulagirl »

Offline Foxfire

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Mad Woman with a Blue Box
    • View Profile
    • Foxfire's Finger Paint
« Reply #349 on: March 08, 2013, 10:31:09 AM »
All updated again. Went shopping yesterday and got some good stuff, but I feel like I'm still missing the perfect thing for my partner. Something amazing. I just don't know what it is yet.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 08, 2013, 11:26:48 AM »
All updated again. Went shopping yesterday and got some good stuff, but I feel like I'm still missing the perfect thing for my partner. Something amazing. I just don't know what it is yet.

I am kind of in that place too with the "amazing" item.  Its probably in the stuff I have but I am not connecting with that feeling that I have it.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 08, 2013, 05:03:02 PM »
Isn't it kind of hard to get that feeling in a sticker swap?  I've no idea what sticker would be perfection!  Are most people keeping things fairly flat so they can go in a bubble mailer or are you creating a box?  So far I have stickers and some extras that will all fit nicely in a large bubble mailer, but if I find something ridged but perfect, I may upgrade to a box. 

sugar_apple

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #352 on: March 08, 2013, 05:17:56 PM »
I'm trying to keep things 'flat enough' so they will fit into a bubble mailer, then add some cardboard for protection I think.

Btw, has anyone ever ordered something from Korea? Just wondering how long shipping usually takes...

Also, I have a question!

Do you like moustache stuff?

I think they're fun xD

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 08, 2013, 05:32:57 PM »
I like em.

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 08, 2013, 05:37:02 PM »
Not really, unless it's:

Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 08, 2013, 05:38:24 PM »
Non flatness here. I'm afraid this Easter Bunny is going to have to travel by box.

As far as Korea goes, I'm guessing 10 working days if it's regular first class

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 08, 2013, 06:01:10 PM »
Isn't it kind of hard to get that feeling in a sticker swap?  I've no idea what sticker would be perfection!  Are most people keeping things fairly flat so they can go in a bubble mailer or are you creating a box?  So far I have stickers and some extras that will all fit nicely in a large bubble mailer, but if I find something ridged but perfect, I may upgrade to a box. 

I am using a box this year. There is no way around it. My extras just won't go in a mailer safely.  Plus I am not sure the stickers would be safe either even if I put them in a cardboard sleeve.

As far as that "it" sticker...it is hard...I hope I got close anyway. We will see.

Mustaches?  No I just can't get into that for some reason.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 08, 2013, 07:21:54 PM »

Things from china/taiwan/hong kong seem to take 2-3 weeks. I have gotten alot of fish supplies from asia and never really had a problem of waiting too long. Ditto for Japan

Im wondering if the pony stickers from russia will get here anytime soon..

Mustache items amuse me but I dont get the world's preoccupation with them. I have some earrings that are loafs of french bread with mustaches and googly eyes

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 08, 2013, 07:30:05 PM »
I have some earrings that are loafs of french bread with mustaches and googly eyes

Do post a photo.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #359 on: March 08, 2013, 08:50:57 PM »
so far i THINK im still flat
BUT i just fount the Cutest extra T.T and its a sorta big plushie but only cost $5! well i guess its actually "normal" sized as far as plushies go, but kinda big for a sticker swap xD BUT I think i can manage to fit it in and it wont be too squished. i hope my partner loves it ^^
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal