Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Has anyone seen anything like these before?

(1/4) > >>

Caroline:
So today I picked these up at a charity shop. I've never seen anything quite like them before. They are the size of mommy charms/petite ponies and possibly made of plaster. Did someone cast their own molds and make these, or were there plaster craft kits for making them or were they actually sold somewhere? They were in a bag with dollhouse furniture, some of which I recognize from my childhood in the 80's, so at least they're probably really from the G1 era.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TheClassCalico:
These looked oddly familiar to me, so I decided to look into it further. Unfortunately, I did not find any exact matches, but it does appear to me that they were specifically made from/are directly related to Mommy Charms.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I think the familiarity was just me thinking of other figures with similar paint jobs, such as the Comics Spain ponies.

Are there any marks on their undersides that may point us in the right direction? I.e., manufacturing dates.

My best guess is that these were customs using a cast from Mommy Charms as you said, or possibly even fakies.

brightberry:
I get the weird feeling someone was making casts for their own enjoyment... which is cute! I remember looking for things to do in the 80s.  I probably would have done this if I'd known how.

Once we found antique home made "marbles" in the backyard and my aunt showed us how it was done so we could make our own.  Flour, salt and water.

Taffeta:
I'm not aware of any official petite pony moulds, though not ruling out someone doing it for themselves. Providing, of course, they aren't real charms painted over by some enthusiastic kid ;)

They are clearly made from/based on charms. The absence of the loop/any sign of a broken loop, however, makes me really curious what's going on with them...

Barnacle_lady:
Maybe the mould has been inspired from the Dufti Charmkins pony

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version