collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: batman vs superman have you seen it ? (spoilers?)  (Read 3056 times)

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: batman vs superman have you seen it ? (spoilers?)
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 08:05:16 PM »
I saw it and loved it. Ben Afflick did such a great job as batman. But then again I love all versions of Batman. Loved all the sneak peaks of Auqaman, The Flash and Cyborg. Also gotta say Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman was a complete joy. She is amazing and I can't wait to see her solo movie.

I have to say the thing to remember is this version of Batman is not based on Bob Kane's batman. It is more based off Frank Miller's Batman.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2016, 01:25:13 PM »

I have to say the thing to remember is this version of Batman is not based on Bob Kane's batman. It is more based off Frank Miller's Batman.

You mean Crazy Steve, the hobo who snuck into the batcave and stole Batman's costume so he can parade around Gotham and act like a lunatic??
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2016, 09:09:18 PM »

You mean Crazy Steve, the hobo who snuck into the batcave and stole Batman's costume so he can parade around Gotham and act like a lunatic??

I honestly don't know what your referring too. Bob Kane is the original creator of batman. But Frank Miller did a few comics with batman where he changed him up a bit.

The scene where he is having a dream or vision in which he is in the long trench coat is prime example of Frank Millers Batman.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 07:31:15 AM »
Sorry never mind, it was a long-running joke from Linkara, a famous online comic book reviewer. He considers Miller's version of Batman so out of character that he refers to him as 'Crazy Steve.' Mostly in his reviews of ASBAR (All Star Batman and Robin).

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2016, 08:31:04 AM »

Another Linkara fan, I see.  :silly:

So, I saw the movie on Sunday, and I'm going to be in the minority here, but I thought it was much better than people are giving it credit for. Ben Afleck may be my favorite live-action version of Bruce Wayne and Batman yet, though that's not to say that I liked what the writers did with Batman (does that make any sense? I hope so). Basically, Ben Afleck worked very, very well with what he was given. I highly enjoyed his performance and I wanted him to do well, because I didn't understand the hate that was thrown at him when he was cast. He's a big comic book fan, so I knew he would do the part justice. Hehehe... justice. But angry Batman isn't my favorite type of Batman, but can we just all appreciate the fact that Bruce Wayne was actually doing detective work in this movie? Even if he did do some stupid things...

I enjoyed Clark Kent/Superman much more in this than I did in Man of Steel, and I even liked Lois Lane better. Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman was amazing, and the peeks at the other Justicce League members was a nice touch. Oh, and Jesse Eisenberg wasn't too bad as Lex Luthor or
Spoiler
Alexander Luthor. Not sure if that's really a spoiler or not, but he's not playing the Lex we all know. He's playing his son.
Sadly though, I think he'd play a much better Joker or Riddler.

Everything I didn't like about this movie though, can be pinned on the writers. The directing was great, the acting was great, the cinematography was great, even the music cues and score were fitting. My biggest issues are mainly with some of the plot, some lines that were said, etc. I would gladly watch this movie a thousand times before I even think of watching a minute of Man of Steel again. I'd like to forget that movie and pretend that this was the real introduction to Henry Cavill as Superman. :lol:

Oh, one really small but kinda big gripe I had:
Spoiler
If Superman is able to hear Lois whenever she's in trouble, thus showing up any time she's in peril, why wasn't he able to hear Martha? I guess a whole chunk of the movie would've been cut out, and the Batman V Superman part of the title would've been a lie, but still... it felt weird that he couldn't sense where she was, when he's always able to do that with Lois. I brought this up with my husband, and he tried to explain it, but in the end he was like "you're right, that's weird". All I could think is that him being able to locate her immediately would've changed the way the movie went, so they had to overlook that.

One more thing:
Spoiler
It really bothered me that that guy at the beginning didn't tell the others to leave the building until Bruce Wayne called him and told him to get everyone out. I mean, you see all this terror going on around the city and you think to stay in the building? No, get the heck out of there, crazy people! While it was sad what happened, I can't help but think that those deaths could've been avoided if everyone had evacuated the building sooner.

So, is this my favorite Batman or Superman movie? Eh, not really, but it was enjoyable and watchable for me, and that's all I really want in a movie.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 08:39:45 AM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 10:41:42 AM »
Haven't seen it and not really interested in seeing it.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2016, 11:31:49 AM »
I haven't seen it-  I was vaguely interested but the reviews were so bad-  except everyone says that Wonder Woman was awesome.

I'll wait for the Wonder Woman movie I think.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2016, 11:44:17 AM »
I haven't seen it-  I was vaguely interested but the reviews were so bad-  except everyone says that Wonder Woman was awesome.

I'll wait for the Wonder Woman movie I think.

I really think this is one of those movies that you have to see for yourself to judge. Although, if you're only interested in Wonder Woman, I'd wait too.

If you're really iffy about it, go see it on a day when a movie theater near you has cheaper ticket prices? I know Cinemark does $5 Tuesdays, and that's usually when we go to see movies that we're on the fence about. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2016, 08:49:18 PM »
We just saw it. It was okay, not terrible not great. The story felt disjointed.

I am a Batman fan and did not love Ben Affleck as Batman, worst movie Batman ever portrayed as I found him heavy handed, no stealth, sucky fight scenes, no atmosphere, I actually  enjoyed Super Man more this time and a Superman fan I am not cuz he's way too OP.

I let out a little fangirl squeal whn they brought in Wonder Woman and will definitely be seeing that IF they ever finally decide to make the movie.

The guy who played Lex Luthor sucked. I was expecting to see this imposing, cold, calculating man and they stuck us with this jittery, cocky psycopathic kid who for some reason, was trying to channel a cross between The Riddler and Ashton Kutcher. Boo.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 08:59:39 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BuckinghamAlice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Lost in a Curious Dream
    • View Profile
    • NovelHeart Pony Blog
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2016, 10:45:32 PM »
I let out a little fangirl squeal whn they brought in Wonder Woman and will definitely be seeing that IF they ever finally decide to make the movie.
There's no if about it.  The film is in production now, and has a confirmed release date for June of 2017.

Thank you to Bekuno and tailrustedtealeaf for the adoptables!
*~More NovelHeart/Pony Tumblr/Instagram~*

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2016, 08:50:06 AM »
The guy who played Lex Luthor sucked. I was expecting to see this imposing, cold, calculating man and they stuck us with this jittery, cocky psycopathic kid who for some reason, was trying to channel a cross between The Riddler and Ashton Kutcher. Boo.

Eisenberg is one of my fave actors (almost entirely because I'm in love with the movie Rio where he plays a talking parrot XD ) but yeeeaaaahhh he was so mis-cast as Luthor...

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 05:33:33 AM »
I saw it as the second 'date' of the new guy I've been seeing and it was pretty much a last second option bc we didn't know what else to see and that particular  theatre didn't have many options. I didn't like it very much at all and would say the best part of the entire thing was when Wonder Women started kicking some a$$ :P  GIRL POWER!!!

I'm a major wimp when it comes to violence so I spent most of the film --- well, about 60%--- with my eyes closed during all the gratuitous machine gun and warring scenes :lmao:

I *wanted* to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 but  I was being nice and decided to see something more guy  friendly out of respect for my date. :lol:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 05:35:20 AM by SunnyDazeAhead »
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline Big_Brother_Bufftusk

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2016, 06:28:25 PM »
I'm admittedly a superman fan, and while I really want to give those 'glowing' reviews...I can't. While I was impressed with Bens interpretation of Batman, the whole movie just seemed to undo all the work the last three batman movies did to restore my interest in that franchise...this movie...it was just so...meh.

But I wasn't all that impressed with the last Superman movie either.

Spoiler
And finally Doomsday gets in a movie and that was...meh...I would've almost preferred what 'Tim Burton' was going to do with that character if his superman movie had been green lighted...far more interesting that just another maniac monster hyped up on some sort of radiation.

But that's just me, it's good some folks are enjoying it, I might just be too picky.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal