collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advent Calendar thread 2015 <3  (Read 3047 times)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Advent Calendar thread 2015 <3
« on: November 15, 2015, 05:05:06 AM »
December is coming and that means : its time for Advent Calendars soon :D :D Lets discuss and share!

I looooove Advent Calendars; its such a great thing and there are so many types, so everyone can find a fitting one! Which one would you prefer? One with festive pictures behind each door ? Or chocolate? Toys? Ive even seen one filled with tiny cans of Coca Cola o.0

For our daughter we had a self-filled one last year. It contained lots of funny stuff : pencils, peanut-shapes erasers, scentened stickers, socks and so on. This year we bought the new Schleich Advent Calendar. It was really pricey but as she actively collects Schleich horses and the calendar offers three limited exclusive figurines... well, you know what I mean. She will be getting it as a birthday present since her birthday is on November 26th.

Oh and I have to show you something <3 This year I also have one, my husband filled it for me. I was so surprised, I thought it was a joke when he told me about a few days ago but this forenoon when I came into our bedroom I found this little guy next to my bed... it must have escaped my husband when filling the advent calendar, lol... its a tiny Pokemon (Monargoras, the colors are funny but I still adore the little guy!).

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking around I noticed this huge pony hanging on the wall next to my bed <3
Hubby told me, its pockets are filled with other tiny Pokemon figurines starting with the lowest ones (starters and those you typically meet early in the games) and "a handful of other surprises" o.o I cant wait ...

Im still sooo touched <3 You know whats best? He hanged it there early to keep my mind occupied with it so I wont think of the dentist appointment I have on december 1st too much. (Will be getting a wisdom tooth removed and its going to be really exhausting, the dentist said. Not that bad you might think since its an everyday surgery, but I suffer from extreme dentist fear and its very difficult for me to even enter the room and shake hands with the doc. Even writing about it makes me shiver.) How nice and thoughtful from him <3

So yeah, this is mine for 2015 and I already looooove it to pieces!!! I would have never ever expected it!
Do you have plans on getting one? As a present maybe or self-bought? Share yours and post pics if available!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Re: Advent Calendar thread 2015 <3
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 05:32:48 AM »
What a sweet thing for your husband to make for you.  I am jealous.  You should post what you get each day in this thread.

I am living in Germany for the three month up until the new year.  And I was so pleasantly surprised by how important Advent Calendars are here.  I've never been anywhere they have had so many.  It's been hard to chose which to buy.  For the past 3 years I've lived in America, and they barely have any at all, just those cheap chocolate ones, and even those are super hard to find.  In Australia (where I'm actually from) they are easier to find, but still, nothing like here in Germany.

So, anyway... we went a little over board.

The pile of presents are actually a private advent swap I did with a friend on facebook.  The pony one is also mine.  The beer and hannover ones are my husbands.  The fillies and one of the teddy bear ones are my daughters, and the kinder and other teddy one is my sons.  I still want to buy more.  But I won't.  :P

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 06:30:33 AM »
I love advent calendars, usually we just get the chocolate ones, but I have got the pony ones in the past.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 06:37:43 AM »
I also bought the Schleich calendar because I also collect modelhorses, can't wait to open it *clap*
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 07:25:46 AM »
Advent calendars are awesome! I should really get one this year.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 07:42:12 AM »

The pile of presents are actually a private advent swap I did with a friend on facebook.  The pony one is also mine.  The beer and hannover ones are my husbands.  The fillies and one of the teddy bear ones are my daughters, and the kinder and other teddy one is my sons.  I still want to buy more.  But I won't.  :P

I've been tempted to see how much it would cost for you to go buy a german one to ship to me! So far this year I got a chocolate star wars one for my bf and at the moment I only have my 12 days of xmas for myself. I really debated getting the lego one but it's pricey.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 08:02:54 AM »

I've been tempted to see how much it would cost for you to go buy a german one to ship to me! So far this year I got a chocolate star wars one for my bf and at the moment I only have my 12 days of xmas for myself. I really debated getting the lego one but it's pricey.

Shipping isn't that bad from Germany, I discovered.  But it's probably still better value to just get the Lego one.  :P

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 10:07:20 AM »
when I was a kid we did the chocolate ones.  It was pretty important and a tradition my grandmother wanted us to have (shes German)

We don't do them now a days..but I want your pokemon one!

That's a cute idea :)  I might have to punk it and make one for the BF >>

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 10:19:02 AM »
I have not had a advent calendar for years,I do however buy my daughters each one every year:) we have had every Lego calendar out(shame they release the same ones every year!) so this year my 4 year old has a playdoh one and my 13 year old has a make up one.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 02:06:16 PM »
I bought a Haribo calendar this year. Haribo is a candy company who makes gummy candys in different shapes. https://www.haribo.com/svSE/startsida.html The calendar is filled with little bags of goodies. But the other day I saw a huge calendar filled with nice chocolate! I am seriously considering buying that one too :D.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 02:09:39 PM »
I have a simple one I just bought! Its a chocolate bar from germany, but it has 25 squares on it and I think each day is a different flavor? I cant tell! LOL Advent chocolate!

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 03:03:16 PM »
@ Einhornbaby: How nice of your husband to do that for you. Sounds really cool. As for the dentist thing, you totally have my sympathy. Doctors in general can get me really upset.

@ Xeevee: Wow, you've got a lot of neat calendars there. I'm pretty sure that Kinder one is the one I saw here the other day. I'm thinking of getting it the next time I'm out. I've never had an Advent calendar before but they look fun. :)

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2015, 06:07:32 PM »
I don't have one yet, but I will ask my mom to buy one for me before I arrive. Don't blame me, I am not in Germany right now. I love the chocolate ones. Which shop sells the FiM calendars?
I am so jealous of the one your husband gave you. I have always loved a self-filled one, but nobody ever made me one.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 06:19:33 PM »
oooh I love advent calendars! I buy one for my son for his birthday, his birthday is Dec. 1st xD how perfect!

so yep getting him an advent calendar just seemed too perfect to pass up, I always get him lego ones, but this year he expressed interest in the megablocs minions one, so that's what well be doing lol. Iv already got it hiding in my closet. :p
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 07:50:12 PM »
I don't remember ever having an advent calendar, but I think I might try to find one this year. 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal