collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: All the Sims!  (Read 3003 times)

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
All the Sims!
« on: January 09, 2013, 01:23:11 PM »
SO I love the Sims.  Started playing the first, skipped 2 for a bit till I got a better computer and now Sims 3.

I love em <3 Do you too?

What's your favorite thing to do with your games?  I am going to try a Legacy as it's been a while since I jumped in.

Do you like Custom Content?  *guilty* love me some beaverhausenx hairs (s3) :lovey:

Also, have you ever created any MLP sims? or any other themes for that matter ;D

I also love the simblrs that are out there, do you all have one or have certain favorites?

I just want to blab about Seasons and silly sims shenanigans. Come and share!  :frolic:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: All the Sims!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 02:16:03 PM »
I have Sims2 Pets for our PS2 but that's about it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

CarnationTwirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 02:58:15 PM »
Augh. Sims 2 and 3 have eaten away so much of my life.  Some innocent thing like this thread gets me to reinstall, next thing I know I'm staying up past midnight 5 days a week and it takes a great effort to get me to uninstall... aurrrgh!

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 03:09:23 PM »
Ah, Sims.  I'm horrible; I'll buy the new expansion and then play my life away for three days, then never touch it again. :/  Maybe I should cut that out; I guess I was just too happy that Sims 3 actually works on my crappy not-made-for-gaming laptop.

I played around with the Pets expansion and created a pink horse and named her Pinkie Pie.  I'm waiting for there to be a mod where we can give them wings or give the unicorns different colors so I can do the other characters of the show.  Mind you, they'll probably all face the same fate as Pinkie Pie did:  the trash bin.  Most of my creations end up there...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 04:39:36 PM »
I LOVED the original Sims and in fact still play it on OS X <3

I also have Sims2 Pets for PS2 and I have Sims3, Pets & the Outdoor Stuff Pack. I really like Sims3 but it's so unbelievably buggy for Mac that it's almost impossible to play. EA just refuses to acknowledge there are issues. Half the time the disc won't even read - it'll accuse you of having an unauthorized copy, a problem that's plagued Mac users from DAY ONE. Ugh.

But... I do adore the first Sims and all its expansions (minus Makin' Magic, that one is okay but kinda lame). I dabbled in making objects back in the day, but did more for the Petz games than Sims. My favorite place by far for custom content for Sims1 is Persimmon Grove and Ferndale Sims. Very quality and unique objects. I would be lost without the Persimmon objects :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 04:56:35 PM »
  Ooh! Can I tell my story?
  (It turns out this was caused by the mother in my family spying on the neighbor with her telescope, but I had no idea at the time!)
  Mama Sim is sitting on the floor playing with her infant child when the neighbor (from another family I made) comes in and starts screaming at her. The two of them yell for a few seconds, then Neighbor storms off. Mom stands there sobbing while her baby plays on the floor. Then the neighbor goes into the kitchen, and happily starts eating the cereal I had laid out for the school-age daughter to eat.  :blink: What a jerk! XD
  ...well, at the time I thought it was hilarious, but I know there're better Sims stories out there!

I would love to play Sims 2 again, but it's just too much for our computers to handle.
I'll put something here some time

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 06:15:41 PM »
I'm not a Sims person here, but I do like the concept.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 06:20:07 PM »
*raises hand*  sims3 addict here.
looking into a re-branding.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 07:04:29 PM »
I LOVED the original Sims and in fact still play it on OS X <3

I also have Sims2 Pets for PS2 and I have Sims3, Pets & the Outdoor Stuff Pack. I really like Sims3 but it's so unbelievably buggy for Mac that it's almost impossible to play. EA just refuses to acknowledge there are issues. Half the time the disc won't even read - it'll accuse you of having an unauthorized copy, a problem that's plagued Mac users from DAY ONE. Ugh.

But... I do adore the first Sims and all its expansions (minus Makin' Magic, that one is okay but kinda lame). I dabbled in making objects back in the day, but did more for the Petz games than Sims. My favorite place by far for custom content for Sims1 is Persimmon Grove and Ferndale Sims. Very quality and unique objects. I would be lost without the Persimmon objects :lol:

Someone else that remembers the Petz games! I actually have them on my USB and been playing them in the computer labs since I been nostalgic for them lately.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 07:12:13 PM »
I love that game. I once had a family that went 6 generations and then the computer I had motherboard blew out.

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 07:58:35 PM »
Total Sims addict. Started with Sims 2, now play Sims 3 and Sims Medieval (super super sad it has been discontinued). In Sims 3 I've made Monster High sims (Frankie, Ghoulia, Daculaura and Clawdeen (before supernatural so I should do it again now). I also made Monster High and MLP heroes in Sims Medieval (Pinkie pie bard!)
Follow me on Instagram: @theponiesiownies
Most wanted: Nursery Families white bathtub.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 08:04:13 PM »
I Play The Sims Freeplay on my iPad. Does that count?
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 09:09:50 PM »
I played the original Sims when it first came out and went NUTS over it and got all the expansions. Before that I was a big fan of Sim Town and Sim City too.

I skipped Sims 2, played Sims 3 for a little bit but I don't have any of the expansions for that one. I still play Sims Social on facebook though.  :blush:

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 09:45:13 PM »
Augh. Sims 2 and 3 have eaten away so much of my life.  Some innocent thing like this thread gets me to reinstall, next thing I know I'm staying up past midnight 5 days a week and it takes a great effort to get me to uninstall... aurrrgh!

Sorry! haha I go through phases with the Sims as well heee...

kaoskat I liked the PS2 ones because I could usually play with a friend and just have a good laugh.  ^.^

ApertureScience: I would love a pink horse, that's great! I too end up deleting some of my sims and such as I end up disappointed in something.....like a funny chin hahaha

BlackCurtains: Ooh how'd you get the Sims to work on OS X? I only have a PC copy :( Also I have researched all the problems that plague the Mac community and how EA just moves threads and junk to avoid fixing it. Total bummer since I love my Mac and sims 3 works better on there than my PC right now. I hate that annoying "you have an illegal copy" popup. So not ok...
I too love the quality of Persimmon Grove! That's some good stuff  :biggrin:

NoPonySpecial: I love those stories!

One of my favs was from Sims1 and had two couples. One lady kissed the other's man. Well the wife didn't appreciate this.  She walked around the WHOLE outside of the large house just to slap the woman who kissed her hub! She could have gone through the house...but noooo and the other lady just stood there waiting to be slapped!  :lol:
goobers.

Eviecorn The concept is pretty neat!

Buddafly Yay! I'm glad to hear it haha even if it steals our freetime  :rolleyes:

WardahYes yes Petz was the best for quite a while and are still cute I loved the Catz one  :blush:

OLumeVaSti Wow, 6 generations to me is impressive. Sorry your motherboard went  :dizzy: Sims loves to kill computers sometimes

reddsetgogirl Yay more addicts!  :dance: Do you have pictures of your lovely MH sims? I'm sure they are voltageous! Now's a good time to make some more, I really want to try some of the MH characters  :art:

RAMChYLD Of course!  :biggrin: That game also has its hilarious moments.

Ginger The orginal sims was the bomb! My classmates and I were all kinds of obsessed and I played with my best friend all the time. There are some good jokes and I miss the language...and my Sailor Scouts custom content....
Sims 3 is a lot of fun with the later expansions. At first it really doesn't seem super fun but it got better down the road minus their bugs and all.  Look out for sales on the expansions if you want them...that's what I try to do even if it doesn't happen all too often.  >_<

Wow, I'm so glad there are others who play the sims!
I'll see if I can post some pics of my Sims addiction and CAS experiments sooner or later.

:pillow: Sims party thread!

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 11:23:01 PM »
RAMChYLD Of course!  :biggrin: That game also has its hilarious moments.
Thanks! And well, I also have The Sims 3, Ambitions, World Adventures and Medieval on my iPad, although those only play in iPhone mode (and thus the graphics are a bit blurry) and import and export doesn't work at all :(

Ooh how'd you get the Sims to work on OS X? I only have a PC copy :( Also I have researched all the problems that plague the Mac community and how EA just moves threads and junk to avoid fixing it. Total bummer since I love my Mac and sims 3 works better on there than my PC right now. I hate that annoying "you have an illegal copy" popup. So not ok...
Well, I can help :) Basically, I guess the best way is you can use Boot Camp on your Mac. This allows you to install a copy of Windows side by side with Mac OS X on the same Macintosh, essentially allowing you to turn the Mac into an overpriced PC and back.

You can read more about Boot Camp here: http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

Additionally, you can try Virtualization software like Parallels Desktop, VMWare Workstation and VirtualBox. Virtualization is advantageous as you can run Windows programs alongside Mac OS X ones, however not all games will work properly with it since virtualized 3D acceleration still isn't mature and is still buggy. Also, you still need to have the necessary disk space and like Boot Camp, you need a copy of Windows.

There is a Mac-native version of The Sims. However, it will not work on Macs running Mac OS X Lion or newer :(
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:51:48 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal