collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Living with your parents vs. moving out :(  (Read 1589 times)

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
Re: Living with your parents vs. moving out :(
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 09:40:38 PM »
As everyone else is saying, definitely stay until you are financially prepared.
I lived with my mom until I was 25 and I decided when I was ready to go. She never once pushed me into moving out, getting a job, etc. If you have that kind of relationship with your parents then make the most of it. You will be more successful if you are the one to decide when it's time.
My boyfriend lives with his parents and he is 25. He has goals and is not just slacking off so I see nothing wrong with it. When you're trying to get your life together it takes as long as it takes.  ^.^
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 09:57:40 PM »
I think it's totally silly to move out just so you don't feel like a loser. If you don't mind living at home, your parents don't mind you staying, and you're working and saving money to ENABLE yourself to move out comfortably when the time is right, then stay!

I myself am 22 and still at home, and sometimes it just isn't easy to still be here. But it's not even because I feel like I SHOULD be out by now. It's good that you still get along with your parents!
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • May the 4th be with you. Always.
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 11:53:15 PM »
I still live at home with my family, and I just turned 27. It does kinda make me feel awkward, but then again, it saves you the stress and hassle of living on your own and paying for it too. If you are broke like me, stay with your folks as long as you can. It's a pain in the arse but I think it is worth it; besides, there are a lot of cultures where doing that is more of the norm than in the US...moving out when you can't afford it is akin to living under a bridge...literally. If you can't handle the time, don't do the crime--the same is definitely true for moving out! Hugs to you...hang in there.
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales
My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 12:34:50 AM »
I really can't stand people that judge someone because they still live with their parents. I live with mine and im 28, im a student but I still pay board, and I don't bloodge off them.my parents are not well and need some help, I also helped them when they were looking after my mums parents through dementia and illness, often missing out myself to stay at home and babysit the grandparents so my parents could do things. If it makes me less of a person to someone, I personally don't want anything to do them.

I don't agree with using your parents up, but, if you get along and there is no real reason you need to get out, what's the problem?

I have been judged over it, and those people didn't have enough sense to ask questions like why? And didn't know much about me or my history. They are now no longer part of my life, if you have friends like that who needs enemies?

Anyone that has judged someone for living with their parents as an adult, don't judge unless you know the full story first, if its an adult that isn't helping, working and just using their parents, go ahead, if not, think about the situation before you say something to knock the person.

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 03:51:39 AM »
I agree with everyone else. Due to circumstances I had to move out when I was 19, but man I wish I could have stayed with them for longer. Even now that I'm 26 and have a stable job, I wish I could move in with my father so I could save money and pay back my student loans. If you can stay with your parents for a while while you finish your studies, I'd say do it. You'll save so much money and you won't have to worry about paying rent and other things :)

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 04:39:22 AM »
I just graduated from college and I'm going to be living with my parents for at least a year. I need to save up and buy a car first before I can even think about moving out! I don't really care what everyone thi ks about me living with my parents. I get to live rent/bill free and save up money. Most of my friends that have moved away from their parents are really struggling. I'd rather deal with my parents than have money troubles. Good luck to you :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 06:35:17 AM »
*nods in agreement* It's actually nice to see so many people who think it is fine. I've heard the whole "move out when you're 18" garbage and could never understand it. Sure, if you're going out of state for college I can see it. Otherwise, why waste the money? Two of my coworkers both moved out into apartments with boyfriends and ended up right back at home not long after that with credit card debt. I've lived at home since I graduated and I'm turning 27 next month. I've been able to save up a little bit of money and not worry about how I'm going to pay the bills. I think that staying at home is worth it on account of the stress you'd be saving yourself from worrying about rent alone. Plus, I love my mom and brother and enjoy spending time with them. :)

I'm sure your parents want the best for you and don't mind making sure you can be on your feet when you do move out. :)

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 07:32:50 AM »
Rent-free? Heck yes. I wish my parents were that cool. When I hit 18 & started college full time, my mom made me pay half the mortgage & the HOA payment if I wanted to stay under her roof. I went from graduating high school as valedictorian to dropping out of college because I couldn't keep up while working full time too. Of course, that strained our relationship and lead to her pushing me out by 19. I want to be like your parents for my kid(s) one day. When I met my husband, he was living with his mom & I didn't care because I knew he was a hard worker. I bought my own place at 23 & now his mom is staying with us until she can get back on her feet. That's what family is for. :nod:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • May the 4th be with you. Always.
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 10:19:56 AM »
btw I am a grad student and finishing up a Master's so I am not mooching...in case you were wondering :D I work during the school semester and pay my folks when I can...and yeah again stay at home if you can't afford to leave!
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales
My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal