collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Story of AppleDagio Dazzle (How Adagio Dazzle stayed at Target for 2 weeks)  (Read 1781 times)

Offline SweetLemons

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • "Ganbaruby!"
    • View Profile
Oh, I have quite the story to tell.  :biggrin:

Went to Target about 2 weeks ago with only 5 dollars (I was sent by my mom to pick up toilet paper and I didn't bring my wallet  -_-) so I took a look at the ponies. They had a few of the new stuff like Canterlot Castle, Rarity's Boutique, FiM Collection, and then I take a look at the Equestria Girls. They have some of the new stuff as well, like Friendship Games and all that. Then I look at the old Friendship through the Ages dolls because I was going to come back a little later and pick up a Twilight and HOLY SMOKES!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adagio Dazzle? SHE'S HERE?? AND SHE'S IN APPLEJACK'S BOX? OH BOY! There was also Aria Blaze in Pinkie Pie's box. I didn't see Sonata but if I did I think she would be in Rainbow Dash's box since theyre both blue. I was SOOO mad because I didn't have my wallet. I knew by the next time I would be here she would be gone. Adagio is one of my most sought after MLP anythings! I REALLY WANTED HER! But alas, I was there for toilet paper, so I got that and left sadly.

2 weekends later, my mom and a friend go out to Friendly's which is directly across from Target. I stop into Target (once again, without my wallet) and SHE'S STILL HERE! I was SOOOO SUPER MAD that she was still there! But she was. So I had a plan to come back the next day. With my wallet. And pick her up.

Go back the next day, she's there, pick her up and a pack up bubble gum, and drive home extremely happy!

I now own the entire Dazzlings collection, the Mane 7 (Sunset Shimmer included) and Trixie and Vinyl Scratch and a few extras.

I am an extremely happy pony fan :D

[Moving to brags ~ Mirn]
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:19:06 PM by Mirnyj »

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
That's kind of sad, if the only way you can find not to be bought is to pretend to be Applejack :(

Offline SweetLemons

• Captain Jack Pony
  • "Ganbaruby!"
    • View Profile
That's kind of sad, if the only way you can find not to be bought is to pretend to be Applejack :(

To be honest I think it was because the package was reeeaaallly beat up and some accessories (Applejack's hat) were missing.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
I didn't know they had the second wave of the Rockin Hair dolls on the East Coast. Wish they could've sent some our way before the Friendship Games dolls showed up.

Still, congrats on your lucky find.

Princess Lala

I see this with Monster High dolls at Walmart! But.... i think people do it to swap the boxes so the price of thwir wanted doll will be cheaper, like they will take a $24 MH character and 'box swap' it into a $9 one..... :cry:

Adagio in AJs box.... wonder what her backstory is there! xD Why is she in AJs box!? Is she a return? Did someone try to box swap her? Where there both dolls open and someone just put the wrong doll back in the wrong box? LOL im glad you gave her a good home!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
It looks like one of those switched returns. Tho I have no clue why anyone would want to return Adagio.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I'm sure some idiot bought AJ because they wanted her-  and stuffed Adiago in the box so they could get all of their money back (not realizing that Adiago had become much harder to find)

What a fool!  And yes people do that ALL the time with MH so it doesn't surprise me to see it with Equestria Girls finally.   People are so pathetic sometimes...

But LUCKY YOU!

Offline BlueBelle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Nice find! Glad you got her!  :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Ah, that's awesome! I feel like she was unwanted by someone, so was waiting for someone who would appreciate her!

Maybe someone bought it for a kid, then an overprotective parent watched the Rainbow Rocks with them, realised their kid had a "bad guy" doll and so switched it or returned it in whatever box they had.

(though to be honest that would be a bit ironic, since it's not that honest to do).

I have never seen that here, but with Adagio so hard to find, you were really lucky :D

Does she still sing?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:48:41 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
What a lucky find, even though in a wrong box.  :lol:

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
What a super find!!! Big congrats!  she is amazing!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Congrats on her!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Congrats :)

if it was a return ,then they messed up so big , Perhaps they intended to return adagio with Applejack and they did the opposite , Adagio box would have returned them more at the end , thieves are not that smart sometimes, and well this time it backfired on them LOL
lucky you to get her at the end :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
I love seeing toy swaps like this! I've seen it happen a lot with Transformers, too. Where figures that are nicer/rarer are put in place of something else that's not as spectacular. Lucky for you they didn't know what they were swapping out. Congrats on the Adagio!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal