collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unboxing a whole set of BF Twinkle Eye ponies  (Read 375 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Unboxing a whole set of BF Twinkle Eye ponies
« on: November 05, 2022, 09:12:21 AM »
I'm just unboxing a whole set of BF Twinkle Eye ponies... I was going to put this in the current thread about 35 Anniversary ponies but then I decided it's kind of a brag, in fact the best one I've had in ages. I bought a second set so I can unbox a whole set at the same time!

I have owned all of these at some point but I lost them for one reason or another. I found Fizzy at a jumble sale when I was a teenager, but she had a mohican. Sadly she got lost when I sent her off for re-hairing. I have had several Sweeties but all developed brown spots. They are still in my bait box and I can't decide what to do with them. I had a really nice Gingerbread with accessories that I won in an auction, but she was so lovely that she was making me anzious, so I sold her before she got any issues. I've definitely owned Sky Rocket before but she's another one who gets plastic issues. So I'm really happy to own  (a version of) all of these again, thank you Basic Fun.

I've put the little accessories in a clear baggy for each pony. I have to say I think it would be almost impossible for a kid to unbox these themselves! I think they look lovely displayed in the box though, so I guess all the fiddly bits are worth it. I unboxed them in the following order: Sweet Stuff, Sky Rocket, Gingerbread... I'm just going to go and get a glass of soda before I do Fizzy.

Update: As everyone says, the hair is thinner but still nice and soft. Wierdly, all 4 of them rattle but with Sweet Stuff it's not very noticeable. If they were G1s I'd be considering popping the heads off to find the loose washer. These have unglued heads and seem as though the heads would come off, but without knowing what I'm looking for I don't think I'll bother. Final conundrum is whether to style the hair, which has that sticky paste in it like a G4. I think I will see what some hot water can do, might also smooth out the tails as well. Has anyone else styled the hair on these at all?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 10:14:41 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Unboxing a whole set of BF Twinkle Eye ponies
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 12:05:33 PM »
Congrats on your ponies! I need to come into this part of the forum more often.    I haven't unboxed mine as I have most of the originals.  They aren't in great shape but good enough.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 09:28:11 AM »
Cheers! It has become a little quiet here, I wonder if it's to do with ease of photo hosting nowadays. I've been enjoying the ponies so much in the last week. I just have Fizzy left to style. The hair is more like G3 and styles well with hot water. I think the initial 'noodle' effect is just factory oil. Maybe I should upload a photo when they're all done, since they will look a bit different.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 12:33:11 PM »
I would like to see them!
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 06:06:22 PM »
I have yet to unbox one. I wonder how different they feel in person compared to the old vintage ones?

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2022, 10:33:59 PM »
To me they are a bit less squishy, but still so lovely and fresh. I do recommend the experience of doing it if you've not done it before. I didn't open many when I was a kid and most of my stuff was second hand. So this was a big moment for me! Hopefully there will be a moment for you too :heart:

Offline TheClassCalico

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2022, 10:53:02 PM »
I noticed the harder body when I got my first Basic Fun, they still had a similar texture but the body wasn't anywhere near as squishy, I actually was quite fond of that. I would love to actually get a box to unbox someday, there's something fun about unboxing toys, I swear.

It sounds like you had fun! :heart: I would love to see them if you'd like to share a photo.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 10:58:16 PM by TheClassCalico »

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2022, 10:56:10 PM »
Yeah it was a real kick to shell them and line them all up in a row! Did you notice a rattle at all?

Offline TheClassCalico

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2022, 11:01:06 PM »
I can imagine!

Truthfully, I did not! Mine is the Basic Fun Moonstone. Maybe it's something specific to certain releases. (Either that, it's just chance).

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2022, 07:05:47 PM »
Congrats. :D  The Basic Fun ponies are so pretty.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal