collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBayer buyer 'Not a registered user'?  (Read 312 times)

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
eBayer buyer 'Not a registered user'?
« on: April 26, 2014, 02:16:09 PM »
Hey everyone,

I recently sold a GC horse to someone on eBayer, they have 100% positive feedback and have been on eBay since 2005. In the feedback I even recognise some toy horse sellers they've bought from in the past. The auction finished on the 23rd and they still haven't paid. I wouldn't usually see this as unusual, some people take longer than others, but suddenly I see this note next to the transaction saying 'This user is no longer registered on eBay'?

Does that mean they've been banned or something? How should I go about this, should I contact the buyer? Or just open a case?

Thanks so much for any help! Maybe someone else has been in this position before?

xTic_Tac_Toex

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: eBayer buyer 'Not a registered user'?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 02:34:01 PM »
I'd open a case - I don't think contacting them will work if they have gone NARU.

Best to just get your fees back and move on. As sellers can't leave negs, if they were just a buyer, and bought from sellers that didn't leave false positives, or they had ebay remove them, you'd never know if they were a scammer or non-payer. Often these people do actually use the account to buy things as well, so they have enough feedback to look good to potential sellers. You're probably lucky ebay got to them before they took you for a ride.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 02:49:39 PM »
There are many reasons people become NARU.  Reasons include non-payment of fees, violations of Ebay rules and policies and refusal to follow through on transactions with buyers and sellers. Some people may temporarily be NARU and have an otherwise good record and this could be a glitch. If it is a glitch your buyer will most likely contact you and ask why a case has been open.  They may also contact you and explain if it is for non-payment of eBay fees, which is somewhat common.

I would do as Stormness has suggested and open a case if you are feeling uncomfortable. Since you have not been paid yet, you are not obligated to wait for payment at this point.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 03:47:07 PM »
Thank you both, I really appreciate the advice. I think I probably will just open a case and see what happens...it was quite an expensive item, so I'd like my 10% back, and to hopefully sell it on to someone else who wanted it!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 05:41:37 PM »
I  agree too - its best to open a case :nod: there are a number of reasons why a person could go NARU - it may even be temporary but you dont want to take any risks or keep waiting it out when you may never receive payment or contact from this person. 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal