collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Season 9 Officially the Last Season of FiM (SPOILERS!)  (Read 23613 times)

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
Re: Season 9 Officially the Last Season of FiM (Update w/ trailer 2/27)
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2019, 11:30:33 AM »
Here's hoping Sombra actually does something because when he was beaten, he didn't really do anything except look menacing. Of course, the trailer doesn't really peek my interest much.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2019, 04:52:34 PM »
Forgot this dude existed.
Spoiler
But good to see McFlurry is back and I hope her powers will grow even bigger much to the chagrin of all people who hate her :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2019, 08:05:31 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Was pretty much my reaction.
Spoiler
Wonder how they're going to explain Sombra's return? To my memory he was pretty much eliminated.
I'd prefer a Chrysalis return or something. I get that they may be holding that off for the finale but with this it feels like they're dropping Season 8's loose ends.
Wasn't there a full leaked season 9 plot list a bit back that hinted to Grogar? Has that been debunked or is it still up somewhere? Am I remembering incorrectly?

Maybe. Though the cameo in flurry of emotions may have simply been it.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2019, 04:07:02 PM »
I'm conflicted over Grogar appearing or not.  On the one hand he would be the perfect villain to end the show on (Return of Tambelon felt like a series finale for the original cartoon).  However, this show has botched so many of their callbacks with Power Thirst Tirek and the radioactive booger.  I can't help but think they'd screw up Grogar.  Also, the concept art we saw suggests they learned nothing when it comes to overdesigning these classic villains.

Actually, what I'm more worried for is the 200th episode.  We don't need another memefest.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2019, 04:09:31 PM »
Not to intentionally sound rude or offend anyone, but it's about time.  To be honest I'm surprised it lasted this long.  As others have said some episodes I liked and some I didn't, I enjoyed more episodes in the first maybe 3 and 1/2 seasons and after that it kind of went downhill for me and I pretty much just watched it for something to watch.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2019, 07:03:43 PM »
Also, the concept art we saw suggests they learned nothing when it comes to overdesigning these classic villains.

Actually, what I'm more worried for is the 200th episode.  We don't need another memefest.

Did I miss a Grogar concept leak? I only read about/saw concepts for a
Spoiler
hyena

At the very least, the 200th episode should do something interesting with the show's lore. The 100th wasn't just meme-y, I was barely able to understand what was going on because it was all Brony in-jokes. It was like seeing someone's fanfiction come to animated life. That's way too much 4th wall breaking for me. I sometimes miss the times fans did not have so much influence on a kids cartoon. It only breeds entitlement.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2019, 10:54:06 PM »
I'm conflicted over Grogar appearing or not.  On the one hand he would be the perfect villain to end the show on (Return of Tambelon felt like a series finale for the original cartoon).  However, this show has botched so many of their callbacks with Power Thirst Tirek and the radioactive booger.  I can't help but think they'd screw up Grogar.  Also, the concept art we saw suggests they learned nothing when it comes to overdesigning these classic villains.

The radioactive booger! XD
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2019, 09:27:54 AM »
New trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8DvEJl4Hh0

I feel like it really puts into perspective how little Hasbro themselves puts into the franchise comparing how the FiM staff is treating G4 ending with this huge ending to its cartoon, compared to how Hasbro treats G4 ending (and really the past few years of G4 really) with the underwhelming display we saw at this years' Toy Fair. I do hope that the laziness we've been seeing from Hasbro really is just them caring less and putting less effort in because it's the end of the generation as opposed to how they'll plan on handing G5 as well.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 09:32:45 AM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2019, 01:12:50 PM »
Well, I hope this just means that if we must have the mane 6 during G5 that they will be in the “mentor “ roles and that we will at least get a new cast of characters.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2019, 02:13:44 PM »
Well, I hope this just means that if we must have the mane 6 during G5 that they will be in the “mentor “ roles and that we will at least get a new cast of characters.
That is close to something I've been planning for years (albeit with just one, or technically two Mane Six characters...)

EDIT: Actually... possibly forget that, I commented before I watched the video.  I just read "mentor roles" and "new characters" and it made me think of my project...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 02:17:01 PM by MJNSEIFER »
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2019, 05:02:19 PM »
Honestly, the new season looks okay from the trailer. I am wondering how exactly the premier is going to play out with the characters and events I am going to safely assume take place from background and setting. I’ve been preparing for the beginning of the end for some time now. I still wonder what the final send off is going to be like, and if it will be a good one like gravity falls or adventure time. A sad send off, but one that satisfies and brings a good conclusion before g5 begins.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
The new trailer has me feeling some feels  :cry:

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Equestria run by Twilight and company?  And I meant an apocalyptic ending as a joke.  Please let this is be a Celestia troll.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
Equestria run by Twilight and company?  And I meant an apocalyptic ending as a joke.  Please let this is be a Celestia troll.
Doesn't bode well for the school either, not that it was a good idea in the first place.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal