collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What kind of doll is these on taobao!? (BEAUTIFUL BJD!)  (Read 1680 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
What kind of doll is these on taobao!? (BEAUTIFUL BJD!)
« on: July 10, 2015, 01:41:13 AM »
I was looking at dolls on taobao and I stumbled onto this beauty!!!!!! She reminds me of a  black haired princess serenity for some reason! xD I love her!!!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(can i post the link here, or no?)

Does anyone know what kind of doll this is!? Chrome cant translate some of the page for me! All I see is "Pink Fantasy"
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 07:14:22 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: What kind if doll is this!? (BEAUTIFUL BJD!)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 06:59:02 AM »
Seems like they're called "Night Lolita" dolls? There are a few different styles on the various Chinese sites. Here's a review from someone who purchased one http://idollism.tumblr.com/post/87996181689/review-night-lolita-doll-so-i-bought-this-60cm

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 07:34:15 AM »
Ahhhhh she looks pretty but anytime you hear the words "affordable option to BJD's", you know the quality is dollar-store.  :(  If she really does only cost $55 or so, I'd save your money for a real BJD.  You can always have this outfit made for the doll, just save the photo.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 09:09:39 AM »
The quality doesn't look too bad...for that price, if I liked the doll I'd chance it.  I'd guess it's probably Tangkou quality, as far as the body goes.  She's pretty cute though!

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 09:19:33 AM »
For $55, thats really not bad at all!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 06:11:46 PM »
Well then I stand corrected.  I don't have any myself but I understood them to be in the thousands of dollars.  But given their mix-and-match nature it wouldn't be too hard to slowly upgrade into a doll that you could invest more time/money into!  :) 

I agree with the statement that she looks a lot like Serenity!  If only she had yellow eyes, she would look a lot like Luna -- like from the movie!  :D  *squeal*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 01:59:18 AM »
How much a bjd is also depends on size and material. Like an ABS one is cheaper than resin and even in resin a 25cm one will cost much less than a huge 70cm one.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Princess Lala

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 06:26:24 AM »
I found out a little more info!!

Her price I found on that particular action I borrowed the picture from was 630 CNY which works out to be....about $110 USD? The dolls are 60cm which is about 23inches. I would like to find one for $55!!!! :squee:

I had a friend translate and I guess this is called yeilou mi "night" lolita doll and also things she is so beautiful! :lovey:

Hmmmmm cooouulllld it be possible to buy her and stick her head on an official bjd body!? I wonder if the head would fit!! Im woried about loose joints, otherwise im sooooo tempted to buy her!!!!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 06:30:09 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 06:38:30 AM »
I don't think her head would work on a regular BJD body the way it has been constructed. But, let me tell you, she reminds me a lot of Doll Love BJD's and they are super affordable.

Princess Lala

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 06:41:36 AM »

I agree with the statement that she looks a lot like Serenity!  If only she had yellow eyes, she would look a lot like Luna -- like from the movie!  :D  *squeal*

Eeeeeeeeep!!! I totally forgot about Luna's human form!!! Doesnt she have blue eyes though!? WOAH and the doll has blue eyes!!! It would be easy to make her a yellow moon dress! x3

Post Merge: July 11, 2015, 06:51:08 AM

Eeeeeeek omg im so sorry for throwing another doll in here but look at this one as well!!!!

96CNY! Um.... thats, really cheap? Maybe its only the clothes being sold?  She is probably a custom though, right? Still I love this adorable photo! I really want that doll! I just LOVE anime style dolls with so much articulation!!!!

Someone take taobao awaaaaay from me before I get in trouble!!! Its SO hard not to fill out an order form right now but I have a few bills LOL!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 07:13:46 AM by Princess Lala »

Skitterbug

Re: What kind of doll is these on taobao!? (BEAUTIFUL BJD!)
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 09:25:31 AM »
They have the night lolita ones on Aliexpress - is it ok to link to there? I know there is a no live auctions linking rule.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal