collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What kind of Dancer is Rochelle?  (Read 761 times)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of Dancer is Rochelle?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 02:10:19 PM »
Ok, I got anal and decided to really research this...I think I found the answer, I believe she may be a bourrée dancer. I looked up french styles of dance and it seems bourrée is similar to ballet, but what sold me on the idea that this is the kind of dancer she is was a picture example I found of one of the moves:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This is VERY simiilar to the moves she did for her dance in the webisode with help from Invisibilly...

I mean I'm still guessing at this pont, but it seems more likely now...

And yeah, Invisibilly might have made more sense in the dnace pack, but I'm so glad to finally be getting a Gill...hopefully...that I can wait for Invisibilly later...

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 07:38:07 PM »
I hadn't heard we were getting a dance Gil till this thread. I love Gil, he's probably my favorite main guy... But Invisibilly is just HOT. He so needs to be a doll already. I will settle for Gil though.

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 09:09:36 PM »
well  i danced for manyyears ballet .. i know that  pas de bourre is  a common ballet move.   

Looked up bourree dancing,  interesting! as i had never heard of this before seems that bourree is a type of  french dance,  not sure how or if the two are related.

oh and as much as i love gill, i too wish that invisibilly was included here!

Shahaila

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 07:26:41 AM »
However, I'm left with an interesting question; why not include Invisibilly in this line? It's cool that there's another Gil doll coming out, but I feel like Gil would've done better in the swim class line or with, you know, a signature doll. Besides; can anyone here actually imagine Gil dancing.
I agree with you totally.  Just like they should have release a Roller Maze Claud, or at least instead of doing the two pack of Ghoulia and Abbey do one of Claud and Draculaura.  Both of these characters were instrumental in the webisode and neither got a doll within the line.  So yes, Invisibility should have been selected for the Dance Class line, and as far as I am concerned Gil and Lagoona (as water monsters) should be in all the swim lines.  And Rochelle's boyfriend Garret (spelling??) should have been in the Scaris line.

Post Merge: April 17, 2013, 07:29:52 AM

Ok, I got anal and decided to really research this...I think I found the answer, I believe she may be a bourrée dancer. I looked up french styles of dance and it seems bourrée is similar to ballet, but what sold me on the idea that this is the kind of dancer she is was a picture example I found of one of the moves:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This is VERY simiilar to the moves she did for her dance in the webisode with help from Invisibilly...

I mean I'm still guessing at this pont, but it seems more likely now...

And yeah, Invisibilly might have made more sense in the dnace pack, but I'm so glad to finally be getting a Gill...hopefully...that I can wait for Invisibilly later...
Pas de Bourree and Pique are both ballet steps.  I was a dance major in a previous life.  She was doing ballet but wearing tap shoes LOL
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 07:29:52 AM by Shahaila »

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 10:05:20 AM »
ARRGGH! And here I thought I had solved the mystery...so odd that the list I found said "Bourree" was a style and not a move, but I'm glad we had some former ballet dancers to set us straight..

I'm still not convinced that she's a"tap" dancer, despite those shoes, because Robecca is the designated tap dancer...

*shrugs* I guess we will just have to wait until we get better promo shots of the 5 pack to see what her style is(and Gil's)

Shahaila

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 01:28:21 PM »
ARRGGH! And here I thought I had solved the mystery...so odd that the list I found said "Bourree" was a style and not a move, but I'm glad we had some former ballet dancers to set us straight..

I'm still not convinced that she's a"tap" dancer, despite those shoes, because Robecca is the designated tap dancer...

*shrugs* I guess we will just have to wait until we get better promo shots of the 5 pack to see what her style is(and Gil's)
LOL, you were not entirely wrong.  Ballet was one of the dances that was derived from Bourree, but what Rochelle was doing was ballet.  People often wore wooden clogs while dancing Bourree which is a French folk dance.  Hence the Pas the Bourree ballet step probably comes from that dance  :).  But Rochelle was wearing tap shoes, perhaps her stony little feet could not fit into ballet slippers  ;)

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 03:31:22 PM »
I always saw her as a "Flash Dance" kinda gal. It's interesting to see what others with more dance experience/knowledge talk it out.
Avvie By Watercolors

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal