collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who is This Disney(?) Doll?  (Read 661 times)

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
Who is This Disney(?) Doll?
« on: April 11, 2013, 02:47:42 PM »
http://barbiebeauties.wordpress.com/2012/01/07/ghost-of-christmas-presents-amy-winehouse/#comments
I was reading this blog and I am SERIOUSLY curious who the base doll was for her Amy Winehouse doll. She has green/blue eyes so I don't really think it's Mulan. Maybe she's from a Disney movie I missed? I can't think of any others that might have their dolls look anything like that.

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Who is This Disney(?) Doll?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 04:01:29 PM »
Pocahontas? Jasmin? The blue eyes are really making me think it's got to be someone else...
Aeriel's daughter?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 04:07:06 PM by Like A Tea Spoon »
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 04:16:55 PM »
That doll has the wrong eye color used for Jasmine, Pocahontas or Mulan. Melody dolls (Ariel's daughter) were hard to find and were only released at Toys R Us, and they do not look like her either. It could possibly be an Esmeralda doll, since she would have that shade of eye color and dark hair. Although, judging on the eye shape alone, since it has almond eyes, that is more typical of Jasmine even though it is the wrong eye color.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 04:27:38 PM by toyjunky »

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 10:03:31 AM »
I did a quick search.  This isn't a Disney doll.  It's from the 1999 animated movie "The King and I".  The character is called Tuptim.  The company that made the doll is Playmates.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 10:06:27 AM »
I did a quick search.  This isn't a Disney doll.  It's from the 1999 animated movie "The King and I".  The character is called Tuptim.  The company that made the doll is Playmates.

Holy moley!  You're good!

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 10:10:12 AM »

Well my first thought was if it was a Disney doll that probably was Mulan and that it looks like a Disney Store doll.  When I saw that no Mulan dolls have open smiling mouths I still thought the doll looked a bit asian.  I remembered there were dolls made for the King and I but I really didn't know anything about them or the characters they made.  The King and I was the right search to find the doll.  Was fun to find out that one lol.

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 10:46:10 AM »

And I was going to say she looked like a Sporty Spice doll!
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 12:09:00 PM »
I saw the Anna and King dolls but I had no idea there were more :O Thanks guys. I'll let her know!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal