collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Who is the best MLP villain?

Arabus
3 (0.6%)
Catrina
36 (7%)
Crunch the Rockdog
3 (0.6%)
Diamond Dogs
1 (0.2%)
Diamond Tiara & Silver Spoon
8 (1.6%)
Discord
96 (18.6%)
Flim Flam Brothers
8 (1.6%)
Gilda
3 (0.6%)
Grogar
6 (1.2%)
Hydia
21 (4.1%)
King Sombra
8 (1.6%)
Lavan
6 (1.2%)
Nightmare Moon
83 (16.1%)
Queen Bumble
5 (1%)
Queen Chrysalis
82 (15.9%)
Parasprites
10 (1.9%)
Somnambula
16 (3.1%)
Squirk
0 (0%)
Tirek
111 (21.5%)
Trixie
10 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 367

Author Topic: The Best [or Worst] Villains?  (Read 6088 times)

Offline tinrobo

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • clockwork robo pony *click* *whirr*
    • View Profile
    • Tinrobo's Etsy Shop
Re: The Best [or Worst] Villains?
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2013, 01:15:21 PM »
Wow, I am so surprised and pleased to see Tirek winning! :D

I was so scared of him when I was little! D:

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2013, 01:30:00 PM »
i went with tirac who scared me when i was little he was a real big bad and looked a bit like venger from dungons and dragons who used to scare me  to !!! xaflame

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2013, 03:43:36 PM »
Oh, so many good choices....I can't decide!

Tirac because...well, he's Tirac...evil, imposing...has the charisma of a major villain
Hydia, Reeka, and Draggle for silly, enjoyable entertainment
Queen Chrysalis for AWESOME design and general concept (changeling bugs!)
Smooze for amazingly fluid animation and straight up bizarreness...

And Nightmare Moon for being a bit of an homage to Tirac, and, like Chrysalis, for having a cool design and concept.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2013, 04:18:43 AM »
Since you said best, and not evil-est (Tirek, by a MILE!) I'm-a gonna go with the parasprites! Cutest villians ever, and totes my favourite!!! And good on whoever thought of an adorable, unlikely villian (as opposed to the usual unlikely hero, which in a bizarre twist happened as well!), it's the greatest idea ever, and besides the wedding (they just get me since my own big day) it's my favourite FiM episode ever.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2013, 12:29:13 PM »
Tirek!
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline keniakittykat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2013, 10:19:03 AM »
I can't really spot a favorite villain, the old ones like Tirek were either a very intimidating line up of pure concentrated evil, or they were just silly and stupid. But then there was Catrina a VERY interesting, especially in hindsight since she was, by lack of a better term, a drug addict. She had a story, a motive, and a friend who just goes along with her plans because he loved her.

The new villains are great too, especially Queen Chrystalis I was just blown away that they actually had a succubus as a villain. She make me really see hat this team was capable of in terms of villains, but then I saw King Sombra, I loved his design, but he never said a word, had no motive, no personality and never seemed much as a threat to me. He was just BORING. Plain and simple.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:22:34 AM by keniakittykat »

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2013, 01:59:07 AM »
The best villain? Tirek. There's absolutely no question about it. Not only does he have a great design, but he was also a major badass. Queen Chrysalis comes in as second, followed by Grogar.

As for the worst, I think Catrina takes the cake. I just rewatched the episode with her yesterday, and realized what a poor villain she really was. Aside from creating that snowstorm, kidnapping baby Moondancer and abusing Bushwoolies and Rep, she really did nothing but act like some sort of a primadonna. And the fact that by the end of the episode both her and Rep turned into good guys made my eyes roll. That's really... ugh The only good thing about her was that she was essentially a drug addict, and that part of the plot made for a really interesting message showing what obsessing/addiction to something may lead you to do. Yeah, I admit it does sound like I'm overthinking this (after all, it's just a cartoon meant to advertise Hasbro's line of colorful toy horses), but that's just how I'd like to think of it.       

I also didn't really like Trixie and Flim Flam brothers that much. In fact I don't really think of them as true villains - more as those obnoxious characters who come and cause mischief and mislead half the population of the city inhabitted by the main protagonists.

Similar thing can be said for Discord. And for the record I love Discord. I love his design, his voice and his personality. But I don't really think of him as a true villain. To me he was just a bit of a trickster, akin Puck from "Gargoyles".   

As for the villains with wasted potential... I'd go for Nightmare Moon. *dodges fakies and all sorts of objects thrown at her* Now, let me explain. I love Nightmare Moon. Her design is really great and I love what the character would've been. The key words here being "would have". You see, for all the build-up and exposition given about her in the first part of the pilot, you would've expect that the character turns out to be a badass. But once the second and third part roll in she really does nothing. Heck, half the time she really isn't there! All she does is kindap Princess Celestia and threaten the ponies, that's basically it. I know that the main purpose of the pilot is to introduce the viewer to the main characters, and establish what the story and the main protagonists' personalities are like, and that the villain here only serves as a plot device. But really, for all the build-up about this character, they could've done a much better job. Just saying. :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal