collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Think I'm Falling Out of Love...  (Read 2205 times)

Offline TwilightElphaba

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • Adulthood is overrated
Re: I Think I'm Falling Out of Love...
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 09:30:14 AM »
I've never fallen out of love, just felt incredibly guilt about wanting all the new dolls and having so many. That money could have been spent on something more useful. Getting a new doll makes me really happy which is something I desperately need right now, but we are tight on money now, so I doubt I will get any more any time soon unless one of the places I applied to calls back, which is doubtful at this point.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 09:46:42 AM »
yeah I think that's part of the problem too  :huh: I got too many, too fast and never bonded with any of them.

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 10:00:09 AM »
it takes aaaaaages for the new dolls to hit the toy shelves here (Australia) so by the time they arrive the want has usually worn off. We've only just gotten Venus Mcflytrap. (I bought her from ebay months ago)
No sign of the make a monster packs at all, which was disappointing.

I like some dolls much better than others. If I could only keep one, it would be Abbey Bominable.

Maybe watching the cartoon show will rekindle your interest in the line?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 10:19:16 AM »
yeah I think that's part of the problem too  :huh: I got too many, too fast and never bonded with any of them.

This is my problem. I have my original five or so dolls that were my sole collection and very much loved. Then the number doubled (and is getting close to triple now  >_<) and I haven't bonded as much with the newer additions. I'm happy there aren't a lot of releases on the horizon that I want  because that means I can (hopefully) bond with some of the dolls that arrived during the holiday influx.

I cycle with collections as well. Sometimes I'm hunting ponies, sometimes MH, and sometimes Pokemon. It helps to take a break sometimes.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 12:51:13 PM »
I can actually feel it happening to myself today. I'm thinking of selling more of collection than just the two boys I put up for sale....

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 01:46:15 PM »
I haven't got this feeling- yet. I have a tiny bit with G4 ponies only because there has been a serious lull in releases. All my life I've been a collector and I admit I can get very obsessive. I have never been diagnosed with anything....but do you think somewhat "obsessive collecting is a sign something is up?  :(

SajiNoKami

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2013, 01:48:21 PM »
when I go to the stores multi times and the shelves are empty....
 :enraged: :stressed: :jealous: :sad: :shakefist: :shrug: :zzz:

then I actually find one I want...
:newpony: :zzz:

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 02:10:28 PM »
Maybe it's just because I haven't liked any since the first releases, really?  Maybe when Catarina comes out, I'll get back into it.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 02:23:42 PM »
Since I've only limited myself to the Signature/first release dolls, I haven't fallen out of love yet. It's kinda like a control valve that stops me from getting so many of them so quickly and getting that nasty guilt/buyer's remorse/aftertaste for a while, but at the same time, keeps me going with getting new dolls that are released slowly over time, and getting enough of them to keep enjoying collecting them and going after the ones I want.

Kinda like that Chocolate effect: Eat too many at once, you'll get that nasty sour aftertaste but if you eat a small amount at a time, you enjoy it more. :P

But then again, at the same time, it's a love hate relationship. XD
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2013, 07:26:56 AM »
I'm going to put most of them up for sale/trade.  I took them out last night, and I really only love 2 or 3 of them and not the rest.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 03:57:51 AM »
i have been collecting MH since they came out. I have never really looked back.. some times i wonder why i am so dolly obsessed and if it is normal LOL

it was ponies before MH. But since MH  my ponies have been on back burner because i can't afford to collect both.  I can't say that i have fallen out of love with my ponies.. they still  bring me all that nostalgic joy, even if i haven't bought many new ones in a while.  I still love them :) it is even hard for me to get rid of duplicate ponies.. although i need to do so.

with MH , i sort of feel  the oppiset of alot of you... i think theya re releasing stuff way too fast,  and  itis hard to  get them... that said i like a challange, i love stalking the stores and online.  I can't afford to get them all,  but try to get new character and the ones i like..

Thing is i am a MIB collector for the most part..  I really don't DO anything with mine..  I guess maybe i should be bored  with them ?  i donno, i have a few deboxed.. mostly cams  (I LOVE the cams) buti still don't really " play" with them or take photos much even.  But my MIB All they do is sit in there shiny minty goodness in the boxes on my shelf,
 but i donno all those colors and  pretty faces just suck me in LOL  I guess to me these things .. they are just  great eye candy!
like little sculptures or works  of art.  I love the dolls, the packaging artwork  everything!!

i love watching them become collectable,  go up or down in price,  seeing comparisons between versions.  I love  the MH idea because it is so fresh and new.. I wish i would have had these  girls instead of barbie as a kid. so much more awesome.   i do wish they would release more boys, and or  target boys more.. i still think it is a shame it is just a girls line.  I think mattel could push the dolls further. 

but they are awesome edgy and cute and i love them!!
i donno if i will fall out love love with them.. maybe some day.. but right now  my only issue is i am running out of space LOL!!

That said, my main issue is that   there are not alot of people i can share them with or show my collection off to who really appriciate it.  i don't have any  dolly firends locally, and it is only the 8 and 9 Year olds i know who get as excited about them as me LOL
i wish i knew more people IRL i could share the joy  of toys with.

I love the arena for this, at least i can drool over all your dolls!

Artsy Craftsy

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 04:59:04 AM »
I've had many different types of collections over the years (started with Ponies, then Cherished Teddies, Pokemon, Ponies again). It depends on how I'm feeling or the money I have. I only have 3 MH dolls because I know I don't have the money to buy more (and there's only a couple I REALLY like). But ponies have been with me since I was a kid :) I got into just random toy collecting and Pokemon because I was trying to do something with my ex so we'd have more in common (I was into Pokemon before him, but he resparked my interest).

So there's an ebb and flow to collecting :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal