collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Alright, who's got duplicates??  (Read 747 times)

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
Alright, who's got duplicates??
« on: December 11, 2012, 06:36:46 PM »
So, I am looking at my collection and noticing the duplicates I have hanging around. I am also getting to that point where if I buy more for their clothing.. I kind of want to end up keeping the doll too :blush: I feel a bit guilty having duplicates of dolls but at the same time I don't want to sell (most of) them :shocked:

Who else has duplicates of the same dolls in their collections? Why do you keep duplicates or buy them? Who's on your duplicate list?

My list is-
I <3 Fashion Frankie
I <3 Fashion Abbey
Schools out Clawdeen
SS Frankie
GB Ghoulia
GB Clawdeen
DotD Draculaura
GB Draculaura
SS Abbey
PD Abbey
PD Draculaura
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:03:56 PM by PonySeeker128 »
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Foxy_Ninja

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Alright, who's got duplicates??
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 06:51:43 PM »
I have Ghouls Alive and DDG Spectra. I got DDG first, but I have a backstory for my girls making them mother and daughter.

I have 2 Clawdeens who are sisters, and 2 Abbey's who are twins, Same with 2 Ghoulia for the same reason for now but I will get Scaris Ghoulia to be the original one.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:55:00 PM by Foxy_Ninja »

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 07:08:45 PM »
I'm assuming you're talking about two of the same doll, not how many Ghoulias do I have :lol: I only have one like that, and that's Phys Dead Ghoulia. I got the Black Friday one even though I already had one. I like to display all of my Ghoulias in all of her outfits, so I kinda *needed* that one..... other than that all of my dolls are different

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 07:09:58 PM »
I just have multiple B&W SS Frankies (all but one is slated for customization) and a sig Frankie. I also have 2 Clawdeens (DT & DotD). One was free and one was $2. I usually don't get duplicates. I've been waiting for an Abbey I have to have to get her. I'm still trying to decide which Lagoona to get too.

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
I was always a 'no duplicate' person. I'm doing pretty well except I have two Abbeys. I blame Black Friday for the second one. I have Skull Shores and I <3 Fashion. But in my mind they're different characters. Skull Shores is Abbey and Fashion is her older sister Iris. Iris is kind of a diva and aspiring fashion model.

But no more duplicates after my two Abbeys! Possible famous last words but I would really have to love a doll to get a duplicate that would stay in my collection.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 07:13:12 PM »
Yep black Friday gave me a few duplicates I want to eventually do customs so I found a few Lagoona and I could not pass them up.

Dorriebelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 07:26:46 PM »
I have two signature Ghoulias, because I wanted to modify her stock outfit and hair, and it was actually
cheaper to buy the doll than just her clothes on eBay. Target had four when I went to get G2, so I didn't
feel guilty.

Then, I ended up buying two Roller Maze Ghoulias. One I left as-is, the other became a body-donor
to a broken-armed Classroom Ghoulia, mostly because she was the cheapest G on the shelf. Then
I ended up keeping the hybrid damaged Classroom body /RM head Ghoulia anyway, because I don't
like donating or selling damaged dolls... but I sure wasn't giving away my 'good' one ! Of my seven
total Ghoulias, four are exact duplicates (well, they were at one point !).

The rest are either solo or same character, different hair/face paint. At first, I said 'no dupes at all', but we
see how well that worked out.  :biggrin:  I regret nothing !!

Whoops ! Forgot I have two Gargoyle CAM boys. One is a bald gargoyle, the other has no wings, has hair, and is
a stand-in for Slo-Moe. At least until Mattel makes a doll of him. Then he's a twin or something.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:37:11 PM by Dorriebelle »

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »
I'm sure I'm forgeting a few but Mattel forced me into these by releasing mulitpacks with exclusive dolls:

DotD Frankie
DotD Clawdeen
GB Frankie
GB Clawdeen
GB Cleo
GB Lala
SS Lala
SS Ghoulia

Dolls I ended up getting a second somehow:

1600 Clawdeen
1600 Frankie
SS Abbey
DT Lala
Sig Operetta
Sig Rochelle
RM Ghoulia
I <3 Fashion Abbey
Powder Room Lala
2 EXTRA Cupids *ugh*
and
A ton of CAMs

Not sure if this counts or not but I also have Killer Style Frankie and Lala, as well as GB Frankie and Lala.

So yeah.  I HAZ duplicates!

I use them all to model my favorite fashion packs:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 08:38:57 PM »
 i only count duplicates as 2 dolls of the same line and character.. i have many  lagoonas , lalas  frankies etc.

but my only real duplicate is DT abbey..  not sure if i am keeping her. i always feel guilty about have dupilicates too.  I don't really have the $$ to buy one for display and 1 for MIB  wish i  did  though!

Some times it is a good thing to have duplicates .. I had 2 gills and it worked out i was able to trade 1 gill  for scarah. so some times it is really worth it to  have duplicates   for trading reasons.  :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 08:40:32 PM by mistic_imp »

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 08:46:30 PM »
Let's see, I have several duplicates
I usually end up with duplicates because I have something I need an extra someone for or I need to change them somehow, or just feel like I need more because there aren't enough available.

I have
2 DotD Frankies. I is stock, one is a fearleader (DotD Frankie's face is amazing for that pack)
2 DotD Deuces. I is stock, one is '2.0' Deuce
3 Signature Deuces - 1 is stock, 1 is a Casketball player, 1 is a custom
2 Signature Clawdeens - 1 is stock, one's hand was missing so now she just hangs around because she's Clawdeen
4 GB Jacksons - 1 is stock, 1 is redressed, 1 is a casketball player, and 1 is semi-custom
2 Jacksons - 1 is stock, the other one isn't here yet and 'm not 100% sure what I'm gonna do with him (i got him for his clothes >.>)
3 Signature Clawds - 1 is stock, 1 is a casketball player, and one is for redressing and such
4 1600 Clawds - 1 is stock, 3 are custom or soon-to-be custom
4 1600 Clawdeens - 1 is stock, 1 is a fearleader, 2 are custom, although I'm thinking of replacing fearleader with another Scaris Clawdeen
2 MS Lagoonas - 1 is stock, 1 is on the swim scream
2 Howleens - 1 is stock, 1 is to be rerooted and possibly placed in another collection, still up in the air on her ^^;
2 Gils - 1 is stock, 1 is on the swim scream
2 DT Abbeys - 1 is stock and 1 is on the soccor scream
2 2.0 Clawdeens - 1 is stock, 1 is custom

we shant count me CaM duplicates. They're all different enough not to count >.>
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 08:48:06 PM by Ravie »

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 10:10:24 PM »
The only duplicates I have are GB, SS and DotD, since I tend to snag the singles long before the "multi-packs with one exclusive doll" hit the shelves. A couple of them have been used for fashion packs (SS Ghoulia and DotD Frankie), while the others languish in shoe boxes along with unused accessories and fashions. Fortunately, I didn't get RM Ghoulia as a single, since I knew we were getting her in the exclusive two-pack with Abbey.

At some point, I would like to get a duplicate of each character; my goal is to have each one slightly customized and then used for occasional modeling of fashion packs. But for now, I'm too busy keeping up with all the new releases! All my spare monies needs to go to the relentless waves of new dollies!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 10:34:06 PM »
I have 3 Spectra (Signature, DDG & PD) and 2 Draculaura (Signature & DT 2) but the only true duplicates I have are my 2 DC Howleen. I got one, she was adorable and I absolutely loved her. Then I kept seeing pics of her with her hair down and since I didn't want to take my first one's pigtails down, I got a second one just for that. So now they're twins.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 02:31:28 AM »
I have too many clawdeens, to be honest, I have so many dolls now, what with loads expected in the post too, I'm struggling to count them all as I'm getting rid of one or two as well!  :dizzy:
I have 8 now (I THINK! XD) :
Clawdeen (Wave 1.0, on way to me!)
Ellowyn (Wave 2.0)
Clawdeena (Sister 2 - Pack)
Lexi (Sweet 1600)
Esme (Scaris, on way to me!)
Aileas (Ghouls Rule, on way to me!)
Samphire (Scary Tales)
Luna Tempestas (Coffin Bean)

But to me, they are all different characters and personalities, each has a bio, viewable from my flickr sets.
I don't have any 'true' duplicates though!

Offline Wrenn_Rosencrantz

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Somewhere over the rainbow...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 02:34:04 AM »
Hmm, duplicates.  Well, I have:

DotD Cleo
DT Cleo
RM Frankie
SS B&W Frankie (x3!!)
SS Lagoona
DT Lagoona

Not too many!
The first Lagoona my friend saw in store, he bought for me for my birthday.  But I LOVE the look of DT Lagoona (actually wanted the whole thing for her, not the station!) and my bestie bought her for me for Christmas!

My first doll was DotD Cleo, and she was the only one I had for a long time.  When I started collecting, my husband (who knew I really liked Cleo, and since my DotD Cleo had glue seepage) bought me DT Cleo for my birthday.

As for the Frankies, I REALLY liked the B&W SS Frankie doll.  The expression is beutiful!  They were also cheap, so I bought a bunch to practice re-hairing and making new dolls out of!  My bestie got RM Frankie, and I'll admit, I fell for her.  She doesn't look like Frankie to me!  She looks like a whole different ghoul!  So, I got one!

Tada!
Wrenn's Wish List! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 04:44:05 AM »
CaMs don't count, right? :)

I only have have one duplicate - GR Draculaura, as she was being sold nude on a FB sellin site just down the road from me. I am meaning to rehair her but she's still sat in a dressing gown on some shelves just...waiting... :rolleyes:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal