collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which Venus would you keep?

Original (on left)
7 (50%)
Replacement (on right)
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Which Venus would you keep?  (Read 1052 times)

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
Re: Which Venus would you keep?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 04:11:29 PM »
The one on the left looks better to me, so I would choose her.
Even with the bald patch?

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 04:12:37 PM »
The one on the left looks better to me, so I would choose her.
Even with the bald patch?

Yeah, I could ignore that if it was me. :) But I guess if it really really bothers you, it would be better to go with the other one.

Offline Dakashy

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dakashy's Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 04:13:06 PM »
I found this online:

"Reflocking Hair:  You can reflock Ken heads!  To reflock, buy "turf" material that can be used for reflocking, sold at hobby shops.  Someone once told me that this is the material used by model car builders when they are making "velour" seat covers!  If you have a tiny area to reflock, you can just fill in.  However, if the head is a mess you might be better off scrubbing off the old flocking with soap and water.  If appropriate and needed, first paint the area to be flocked with Liquitex acrylic pain.  Then, use a white water soluble glue to paint a thin area of glue all over the head, forming a hairline as you paint (with a small brush!).  Put the flocking in a metal strainer with small holes, and sift it all over the head while the glue has just slightly started to dry.  Pat Ken's head gently to set up the flocking.  After the glue is dried, you can blow off any excess flocking.  You CAN glue over the flocking if you missed spots, but I don't recommend it as the flocking doesn't look very neat after that is done."

http://terrigoldphoto.blogspot.com/2009/12/flocking-tutorial-from-restoredollcom.html

Hope that helps!

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 04:41:27 PM »
Yeah, I could ignore that if it was me. :) But I guess if it really really bothers you, it would be better to go with the other one.
Well, I dunno. It does bother me but it is at the back, and I'm probably not going to photograph that area much, and even if I did, I could easily fix it in photoshop, so it's really more just knowing that it's there that is the issue for me ... but if I were to keep the other one, then I'd know the left ear was pierced in the wrong place and the flocking didn't line up and there were scratches ... so it looks like I can't really win, in this case. I don't want to complain to Mattel again.

Post Merge: October 01, 2012, 04:41:48 PM

I found this online:

"Reflocking Hair:  You can reflock Ken heads!  To reflock, buy "turf" material that can be used for reflocking, sold at hobby shops.  Someone once told me that this is the material used by model car builders when they are making "velour" seat covers!  If you have a tiny area to reflock, you can just fill in.  However, if the head is a mess you might be better off scrubbing off the old flocking with soap and water.  If appropriate and needed, first paint the area to be flocked with Liquitex acrylic pain.  Then, use a white water soluble glue to paint a thin area of glue all over the head, forming a hairline as you paint (with a small brush!).  Put the flocking in a metal strainer with small holes, and sift it all over the head while the glue has just slightly started to dry.  Pat Ken's head gently to set up the flocking.  After the glue is dried, you can blow off any excess flocking.  You CAN glue over the flocking if you missed spots, but I don't recommend it as the flocking doesn't look very neat after that is done."

http://terrigoldphoto.blogspot.com/2009/12/flocking-tutorial-from-restoredollcom.html

Hope that helps!
Thanks. That's useful to know!

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 04:47:27 PM »
Can you keep both??  My goodness is Venus a beauty!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 04:58:16 PM »
I'd rather only keep one and sell the other. I could use the money.

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 05:02:52 PM »
I have to agree with PandaBerryInSpace!

The face looks sweet to me, and probably because of the positioning of the eyes.

Besides if the bald spot is really really bugging you...it won't stop anytime soon...unless you fix/customize with new hair/flocking.

Foxy_Ninja

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »
I'd rather only keep one and sell the other. I could use the money.
Hey! I know! Customise the other one and sell her as an OOAK!

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 05:04:37 PM »
I wish I had money, I'd buy her from you! I've been wanting to get a Venus for ages, but I have yet to actually get one...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 05:20:47 PM »

The face looks sweet to me, and probably because of the positioning of the eyes.
OK.

Besides if the bald spot is really really bugging you...it won't stop anytime soon...unless you fix/customize with new hair/flocking.
Right. But if I keep the other one, the earring and scratches and not quite lined up flocking will bug me instead. Urgh! Why do I have to be such a perfectionist?! Venus isn't even one of my favorites.

I have considered it. I thought it would be kinda fun to give her a proper mohawk. But I don't know that it would look any good coming from me. I've never done a custom doll before.

I wish I had money, I'd buy her from you! I've been wanting to get a Venus for ages, but I have yet to actually get one...
Aww.

Foxy_Ninja

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 05:36:36 PM »

OK.

Right. But if I keep the other one, the earring and scratches and not quite lined up flocking will bug me instead. Urgh! Why do I have to be such a perfectionist?! Venus isn't even one of my favorites.

I have considered it. I thought it would be kinda fun to give her a proper mohawk. But I don't know that it would look any good coming from me. I've never done a custom doll before.

Aww.
My Lolita (former SS Ghoulia) is my first custom doll, so it's possible you can do it.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 06:47:32 PM »
I like the one on the right. Small imperfections aside, it looks like her eyebrows are a little bit higher. They give her a slightly friendlier, less severe expression I think. ^_^

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 07:02:23 PM »
I can't unsee the different sized eyes on the left one now thanks to Zombelina, so I guess I would be a little more inclined to keep the one on the right. I would personally find it easier to touch up the scratches with a little paint then mess around with flocking and different sized eyes though.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 08:36:16 PM »
Man! It's such a hard decision. I wish one of them had a total dealbreaker of a flaw so it would make my decision easier. Sigh. Well, I'll try repainting the new one and see how it looks then.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2012, 09:21:49 PM »
I can't unsee the different sized eyes on the left one now thanks to Zombelina

:lol: oops sorry PonySeeker (and puku!)  :drunk:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal