collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's in a name?  (Read 6445 times)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
What's in a name?
« on: September 06, 2012, 07:53:08 PM »
Usually I'm pretty good at picking names. But after a summer with my crazy boys my brain is fried. So, I have a few MH dolls who need names still (while I slowly make clothes for them). I have some names I thought of today and I can't tell if they are really actually cute or if I am just that out-of-it. Can I get some opinions?

EDIT:
CAM ghost girl - Levinia Myst
CAM skeleton girl- Carienne Rotting
CAM cat customized into a red fox Slyena Anne Foxxe (thanks LuvlyMelody!!)
CAM witch- Westina Tigelaar (thank you ameeno!)
CAM unicorn girl. I think she'll be British, what do you think of Eunice Kern?
CAM Sea Dragon Nessa O'Loch?
CAM bee girl- Bettee Bumble (thanks Zombelina!)
CAM 3-eyed ghoul will be Clara Voyant
CAM Gargoyle Boy- Brock Headstone
CAM Vampire boy- F. Patrick Darcy Jr.
CAM custom Arctic Fox girl Annie Arctic
CAM Dragon (need to paint and hair her first before I decide)
CAM Puma boy- ?? possibly customizing into a jaguar, maybe Mayan style?
CAM Werewolf (when I get one) I may be making her into a Native American style doll. Not sure which tribe.
coming hopefully soon...
CAM Ice Girl
CAM Blob Girl
CAM Gorgon
CAM Mummy girl

Anyone who needs help with names or has suggestions is free to post here if they want.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 10:46:36 AM by Salli »

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What\'s in a name?...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 10:31:16 PM »
I think your ideas are pretty great! I love "Clara Voyantte", that's such a Monster High name (plus I'm a sucker for anything Victorian, not to mention white hair!). And I'm dying to see (and kind of jealous in advance of) your 50s styled bee, that skirt, with a sweater? Amazing!

I just don't have any good input myself, unfortunately. :P

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 10:55:26 PM »
I love all your names so far (and your concepts)!  ^.^ Maybe Bettee Bumble for your bee girl? I don't have anything else to suggest unfortunately, making good puns usually eludes me...  :blush:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 11:12:36 PM »
Bettee Bumble! That is so freaking cute!! Thank you Zombelina! I hope she turns out as cute as I  imagine her :)

Keelee, that DOES help me :) I just decided to give the name 'Clara Voyantte' to the 3-eyed ghoul when I get her. Fortune tellers sometimes call psychic abilities to having 'a third eye'. I still want to keep my ghost girl Victorian, but I am now back to square one with her name. I thought the names Echo and Misty were cool for a ghost but not Victorian... more thinking to do...

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 11:18:49 PM »
Oh, it suits the three-eyed ghoul even better, you're right!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 11:26:51 PM »
Okay, how about for the ghost- Lavinia Casket (like 'living in a casket')? Victorian and morbid, but is it too much of a stretch?

And how do you feel about the name Verity Brae for the skeleton girl? Is that too specific? Along with my ability to think, my decisiveness has also disappeared...

I did just realize that I MUST have the Puma CAM to turn into a Lion to be my unicorn girl's soul mate :) Wouldn't that be super cute? And they can serve plum cake at their wedding...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 11:31:34 PM by Salli »

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 11:44:27 PM »
I LOVE Lavinia Casket, I think it's a beautiful name! Though it's not suuuper ghostly, as they usually don't hang about in coffins, but still. It gets the whole undead thing across.

Hmm, I think I like Carrie Ann a bit more than Verity, it is more bone-themed, but less...monstery?

I'm afraid I don't know what the reference is.  :blush: I would love to see your Unicorn girl regardless though, I've never seen a finished one.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 11:59:10 PM »
I LOVE Lavinia Casket, I think it's a beautiful name! Though it's not suuuper ghostly, as they usually don't hang about in coffins, but still. It gets the whole undead thing across.

Hmm, I think I like Carrie Ann a bit more than Verity, it is more bone-themed, but less...monstery?

I'm afraid I don't know what the reference is.  :blush: I would love to see your Unicorn girl regardless though, I've never seen a finished one.

Cool, I think I like Lavinia too. It could also be Lavinia Crypt or Lavinia Limbo or something? Yah, Verity isn't creepy I don't care for either name, really. Why are skeletons so difficult? I blame Mattel for stealing my first name. Oh man! Too bad she's not a boy, someone on another site suggested the name Ben Eaton XD which is extra funny because her pet is going to be a vulture.

[blah blah blah alert!:] The Lion and the Unicorn is a very old English nursery rhyme (aka political satire). They are also in Alice Through the Looking Glass. It's something like "The Lion and the Unicorn were fighting for the crown. The Lion beat the Unicorn all around the town. Some gave them white bread and some gave them brown; and some gave them plum cake and drummed them out of town." Totally weird poem (like most nursery rhymes) but it has hidden political meaning. Which have never bothered to look up. I think Queen Elizabeth's coat of arms has a lion and a unicorn on either side of a crown at the top too.

I've never seen a finished one either  :lol: the pack comes faceless and has a torso, but is missing the upper arms and thighs  :pullhair: [Stop doing that Mattel!] So, I now have to track some down... I will post when I get her put together :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:16:31 AM by Salli »

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 09:37:43 AM »
Okay, what do you think of the newly refined names? (see edited first post)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 10:03:03 AM »
I LOVE Lovenia Myst! I'm totally stealing that.

I named my Cam Witch Myra Gulch, like Miss. Elmira Gulch from the "The Wizard of Oz" movie, and I named the Unicorn Misty Calhoun...get it?...Mysti-Cal
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:05:07 AM by heftysmurf76 »

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 10:35:07 AM »
The witch could have a last name like Westinia or something like that, because of wicked witch from the west
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 11:57:36 AM »
I LOVE Lovenia Myst! I'm totally stealing that.

I named my Cam Witch Myra Gulch, like Miss. Elmira Gulch from the "The Wizard of Oz" movie, and I named the Unicorn Misty Calhoun...get it?...Mysti-Cal

Lol, they could be twins separated at birth XD I love the name Myra! Cute! Although I thought the lady's name was Elvira in the movie? I guess I have to watch it again. I like the name Myra better though :) Misty Calhoun is super cute and I am so slow I never would have connected that.  :wacko:

The witch could have a last name like Westinia or something like that, because of wicked witch from the west

I DO like Westina! I was just thinking about her back story and thinking I would like to think that she is Fiyero's and Elphaba's daughter so her last name would be Tigelaar. What do you think of Westina Tigelaar?

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 12:13:34 PM »
You're better at naming than I am. I pretty much just use the most popular names that other people come up with. XD I've trouble naming everything, though. But, anyway, everything you came up with is great so far! :)

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 12:55:24 PM »
I've been lurking here, trying to mentally help you, but I can't even come up with my own names :lol:  I call mine Puma, or Ghost.  I kinda laugh on the inside when I refer to them that way.  Not sure why.  It tickles me ^.^

I love what you've come up with so far. 

I'd also like to add this stupid personal story (feel free to stop reading at this point.)  My sister-in-law has 2 BBF's.  The 3 of them refer to themselves as the Trifecta.  Their names are Sarah, Melody, and Deena.  So I HAD to have the Trifecta in MH world.  Scarah Screams, Meowlody, and the Bee CAM, I've named Beena.  She's the only CAM I've bothered to name. 

I wish they'd name a MH doll after me :cry:  My name is Kristen.  I think I'll name the future female Gorgon CAM "Hissten."  Yeah.  I think I kinda love that! 

Anyway, sorry to hijack!  *creeps back into the darkness to lurk some more*
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 01:31:14 PM »
I'm in this boat too with my Dragon Cam.
I just can't think of a decent enough name for her and it bothers me.
-return to stalking-
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal