collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Southeast Pony Meet 2013 Thread! -August10th-  (Read 6385 times)

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Southeast Pony Meet 2013 Thread! -August10th-
« on: April 24, 2013, 10:24:47 AM »
    Hello all my lovely fellow pony enthusiasts! I am proud to announce the third year of the Southeast Pony Meet! The last couple of years have been just grand and I have no doubts this year will be any different! I hope to see new people as well as good friends! ^^ I am making this thread early since I am leaving in a few short weeks for China! I will be gone for 5 weeks, but there will be others here that can answer any questions you might have. Or, you can wait until I return in June and I will get back to you as soon as I can! ^.^

DATE

I have picked August 10th as the date for the meet this year! It will before my next semester starts so things will still be relaxed for me to plan and organize :> If a large amount of people cannot attend this day I will hold a vote to change it. The meet usually lasts from early noon to around 6 or 7 in the afternoon.

WHERE

The meet will be held in the same clubhouse it has been in for the past years! It is located in Lawrenceville, Georgia which is about 30 minutes from Atlanta. There are plenty of tables for people to set their goodies and chairs for everyone to sit in. My house is right across the street and I am more than happy to have anyone stay the night if they would prefer not to drive home in the same day. Our doors are always open and we have plenty of sleep spaces.  :biggrin:

HOW IT WORKS

The past couple of years I have had a small entry fee to help pay for the venue, however, this year I will be trying something different. I will be paying for the venue myself, out of pocket, however this means I cannot provide raffle prizes or any other goodies. This part will be up to you guys! I can work with whatever anyone may bring and I think it will be much easier this way!

When time gets closer I will be taking RSVPs and please, I BEG, if you RSVP please be certain that you can go, especially if you reserve any tables! Walk ins are more than welcome as well, but I cannot guarantee we will be able to get food for you. However, there are plenty of fast food places and other restaurants around if we can't! I will be ordering a to go order for everyone from a sandwich place(They have gluten free options!) nearby and everyone attending will be responsible for chipping into pay for their food :)

HOW TO RSVP

RSVPing is simple! I will be taking them during the month of July :) Simply email the provided form to me with your name and Arena name included in the Subject Line along with "RSVP"(*'s mark optional). RSVPs will end August 5th!
Spoiler

Name:
*Arena Name:
*Number of other people coming with you: #Adults # Children
*Table Reservation(1-2 is the most commonly reserved #): #
Bringing: Snacks, drinks, prize donations, crafts, forks, spoons, etc.
Will you be ordering food? (from Jimmy Johns if you wanted to look at the online menu)

ACTIVITIES

Activities this year are still being decided! If you have any suggestions feel free to throw them out there! Some possible ones include:
  • Balloon Pop
  • Cutie Mark Bingo
  • Guess the Ponies in the Jar!
  • Fun craft table
  • Trading/Selling ponies of course!
  • Possible after dinner if people are interested :)

Donations!

There will be a prize for all contest winners! Here is a small list of prizes that I know will be donated as well as other various goodies and treats. This will be updated as I hear from attendees! We will need forks, spoons, plates, napkins, snacks, etc! ^^ Anything you could bring will be greatly appreciated! :heart:

• A MIB G1!!!!(Prize or raffle) - to be donated by renne_chan
  • Wave 2 Tokidoki Unicornos(Prizes/Raffle)- by MNN
  • G3 Pinkie Pie Plush! -apanda0622
[li]Oat Couture pieces- Eternia
[/li][/list]

WHAT TO BRING

Here is a small list I came up with and feel free to bring whatever you want! This is just a rough list and I may add things as I think of them. By no means do you have to bring everything listed! These are more suggestions than anything. ;)

• Ponies for sale/trade(if you want)
  • Money for food
  • Prize donations
  • Forks, spoons, plates, or napkins
  • Drinks such as juice, soda, water, etc
  • Snacks
  • Any fun crafts you might want to do
  • Just things to share or show off!

CHILDREN

I realize the subject of children is a picky one as some people are comfortable having them around while others are not. I, myself, am more than okay with children! If you need/want to bring a child along please make sure you let me know when you RSVP and let everyone else know by posting here or on Facebook. If we do have kids along I can assure you I will think of some fun things to keep them entertained, but please make sure they are watched at all times to respect others' wishes. I know a lot of people don't want kids running around and getting into things they shouldn't, especially if it's their collections and things they hold near and dear. Thank you so much in advance for understanding this!

FACEBOOK

The SEPM has it's own group and please feel free to join it! There are lots of pictures from the past years so you can get a feel for what it is like and lots of updates and chit chat!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/326744247350358/

And that about concludes the thread for now! If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to let me know! ^^I may add more/make changes to this post and I will let you all know of any updates!  :biggrin: I look forward to hearing from all of you and I can't wait!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 06:32:48 PM by MonstarNomNom »
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Southeast Pony Meet 2013!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 10:34:32 AM »
Have fun in China! See you in August :)
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Iris Patch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Southeast Pony Meet 2013 Thread!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 11:21:47 AM »
SO EXCITED! I want to get started on some merch to sell, maybe make an army of plushies :D
Are you guys interested in plushies at all, or should I focus more on the official toys and customs?

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 11:32:36 AM »
Gosh if I could afford a plushie I would totally buy one from you! Your plushes are so amazing! Alas, hopefully one day I will be able to x3

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 01:44:53 PM »
I'm so there! ;D
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 04:14:39 PM »
More than likely I will be able to go, but with my busy travel schedule I don't think I will be able to RSVP until last minute. If I can go, which I am crossing my toes and fingers because I just love seeing you guys, I'll bring snacks and donations for the prize table. Any idea of identification tags as of yet? If I go I will definitely make some customized stickers that say SE Pony Meet 2013 ect and can use the pony design this year. Anyway, I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip to China! :D
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 04:23:58 PM »
CapnChan: I seriously hope you can make it too! It wouldn't be the same without you! As far as name tags, I was honestly going to just use generic stuff from the store. Ehehehe ^^; Last years were wonderful, just so expensive! And not being able to know for sure if people will show up or not I just don't think it is worth it :[ I will forever cherish my buttons you had made though! :heart: Maybe we just make something that says "Southeast Pony Meet 2013" and nothing personalized haha x3 But I am all for using "Hello, my name is..." stickers Haha xD

Melissa

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 07:04:42 PM »
Dang, I grew up in Lawrenceville (Brookwood HS represent!)! I might be back home for a wedding around that time so I'll just leave this here so I get updates.

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 07:08:51 PM »
Oh wow that is awesome! That is the exact same HS I went to. lol xD Small world! We would love it if you would be able to attend! ^^

Melissa

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 07:11:31 PM »
Cool, when did you graduate? I was 2007.

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 07:12:40 PM »
I was 3 years later so not too far apart ^^ Such cool beans ;D

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 04:12:14 AM »
CapnChan: I seriously hope you can make it too! It wouldn't be the same without you! As far as name tags, I was honestly going to just use generic stuff from the store. Ehehehe ^^; Last years were wonderful, just so expensive! And not being able to know for sure if people will show up or not I just don't think it is worth it :[ I will forever cherish my buttons you had made though! :heart: Maybe we just make something that says "Southeast Pony Meet 2013" and nothing personalized haha x3 But I am all for using "Hello, my name is..." stickers Haha xD

Oh I think we can do better than that :P I can design something and simply use my own printer to make paper name tags, also I will pay out of pocket for the stickers even if I don't go, no reason why we can't continue the awesome tradition (I like collecting the meets tags :>)
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Southeast Pony Meet 2013 Thread! -August10th-
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 07:45:35 AM »
You have a valid point. I'll have to see if I can try and come up with something :3 Were you just thinking rectangle sticky name tags? You would be so sweet to do that! I have no idea how to go about printing my own name tags. lol

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 09:29:59 AM »
SO EXCITED! I want to get started on some merch to sell, maybe make an army of plushies :D
Are you guys interested in plushies at all, or should I focus more on the official toys and customs?

I'd love a plushie, but maybe one that's not quite as epic as the Pinkie Pie you had last year, lol!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 10:03:18 AM »
Well, good news - I have already picked out a raffle prize to donate and I have my trade/sell boxes ready.  Bad news my fiance, Darrin, has to work that Saturday and can't make it this year again lol.

Anyone planning on bringing items other than pony for trade/sale?  Like Monster High? ;)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:23:41 AM by apanda0622 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal