collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 590
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65230 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #315 on: October 03, 2022, 05:31:06 PM »
based on the local news in Florida it sounds like a lot of people are still without power.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 03, 2022, 05:35:16 PM »
Thanks Beth. :heart:
I remember hearing that some other new storm is developing in that direction as well. Do you know anything about it?  :huh:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 05:38:17 PM by Heart Of Midnight »
:zzz:

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 03, 2022, 06:00:19 PM »
it looks like there are a couple of areas they're watching for development. it doesn't look like there's anything definitive to worry about yet.

it's fairly late in the season but it's still warm. probably another month to go. maybe. typically strong hurricanes later in October are rare but with climate change it's hard to say. when i lived in Houston i would start to relax mid October. Technically hurricane season ends in November but the worst is usually August and September.

https://www.khou.com/article/weather/tropical-update/285-03fe5580-7d11-41a9-af6a-b7c4fc9ffde6
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 06:02:56 PM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 03, 2022, 06:21:34 PM »
Thanks for the info, Beth! Let's hope that no more big storms will occur in those regions, and of course not anywhere else! :heart:
A storm is also promised here in Finland on Thursday, but that is nothing compared to those hurricanes!  :lol: In a coming storm here, the wind speed can be gusts of 20 m/s. :rolleyes: But with that wind, it's also possible that trees will fall and there will be power outages.

I was not able to view the link you shared.
It says: Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.khou.com/article/weather/tropical-update/285-03fe5580-7d11-41a9-af6a-b7c4fc9ffde6" on this server.
Reference #18.77fd733e.1664846419.127cb136
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 06:23:12 PM by Heart Of Midnight »

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 04, 2022, 05:06:03 AM »
Tikki garage sales are often hit & miss, same as any thrifting really
Frostbite I hope little bird does ok at the vet xxx
HOM it may not be a hurricane, but storms can still be bad xxx
Artie you take it nice & slowly as you can xxx
Beth, hope Luna settles at the vets too, & cheers for updating on Florida situation xxx

Quiet mostly, but did manage to start one wee thing: sorting my shoes. Didn't realise how many I have which are just too small for me!!! And I still have a load to go through!!! Managed to find a couple of pairs which still fit well so that's good xxx Was a bit late to coffee today, but still worth it!!! Got loads of crisps & some biccies, plus the usuals, & was asking about coffee beans so I can make proper coffee... The Fairtrade stall usually has a good selection apparently, so that's sorted yaiy!!! I may get use out of the cafetiere after all!!! I just need to research grinders...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 04, 2022, 07:27:37 AM »
Luna did really well at the vet :) hopefully she'll be able to go without the meds next time.

meetings, meetings, meetings. everyone i talk to at work always says there are too many meetings and it gets in the way of actual work. and then the same people proceed to schedule meetings. also trying to figure out how to manage alerts from work messaging apps. it's teams, email, prompts to join calls. "hey do you mind getting on a call? i'm being polite but really get on this call now." i feel like i should block off 4 hours/day to do work. but schedules don't allow. i'm surprised anything ever gets done.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #321 on: October 04, 2022, 11:36:14 AM »
I’m alive!

We got hit pretty bad. I was lucky. No storm surge here because the hurricane sucked all the water out of the harbor and dumped it elsewhere. My power was only out for two days and water for three. Main internet is still down and I didn’t have my Arena password saved on my phone so I couldn’t log in - the forgot password thing didn’t work. Thanks to Griffin and Loa I got back in.

My parents were hit bad. They are still without power and water. They lost the pool cage and part of the roof collapsed in my old bedroom. But they’ve gotten supplies, bottled water and MREs. My niece’s boyfriend is a cop and he’s been helping get things to them too. Luckily, it hasn’t been raining.

But we are all fine. My dad feels really good and his nurse has been checking on him every three days.

I took lots of video during the storm and some pictures but it will have to wait until the internet is back up and I can use my PC. The tree outside my bedroom window didn’t make it :(

In the meantime, I’ve been busy unpacking after living here for two years lol. Without internet as a distraction I can get a lot done haha.

Hugs to you all for thinking about us!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #322 on: October 04, 2022, 01:42:16 PM »
Well hello hello hello hello hello!

Without internet as a distraction I can get a lot done haha.

:hug: SO glad you're OK and your family too!

Sorry I haven't posted much lately, it's mostly been DIY or going to work and home again. My work situation is pretty toxic as some of you will know so I just spend the evening shaking off the crap and trying to enjoy my time at home. However, I lit a bonfire tonight at around 8pm then noticed that my crazy neighbour has left her laundry out  >_< I heard someone come home at around 8.30 and then she started shouting at her son, presumably for not noticing either. There will probably be some retaliation but I'll try not to think about it. Usually they dump garden rubbish over our fence or do something to it like leaning heavy items against it. Or they reach over and cut bits off our magnolia tree. Oops I thought about it. Now off to watch the latest LOTR thing on AP.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 01:48:40 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 04, 2022, 03:29:49 PM »
BC! :whew: :heart: It's really wonderful and a relief to hear that you're alive and that everything is fine!  :lovey:
It's good that your parents are also doing well and they are getting help. I hope they get some help repairing the storm damage as well! :heart:

---

On Tuesday, I put an orange light series in the bush with my mother. We put it every autumn in October. It's our Halloween light. :lol: The same light series has been working for probably 10 years, if not even more. :wow: But already in November, we will take it down and replace it with other light sets.  :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 03:39:04 PM by Heart Of Midnight »

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 04, 2022, 03:40:29 PM »
@BC! i'm so glad you're ok. i'm glad you and your family have supplies and your dad is doing well :)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 04, 2022, 05:39:30 PM »
I’m alive!

We got hit pretty bad. I was lucky. No storm surge here because the hurricane sucked all the water out of the harbor and dumped it elsewhere. My power was only out for two days and water for three. Main internet is still down and I didn’t have my Arena password saved on my phone so I couldn’t log in - the forgot password thing didn’t work. Thanks to Griffin and Loa I got back in.

My parents were hit bad. They are still without power and water. They lost the pool cage and part of the roof collapsed in my old bedroom. But they’ve gotten supplies, bottled water and MREs. My niece’s boyfriend is a cop and he’s been helping get things to them too. Luckily, it hasn’t been raining.

But we are all fine. My dad feels really good and his nurse has been checking on him every three days.

I took lots of video during the storm and some pictures but it will have to wait until the internet is back up and I can use my PC. The tree outside my bedroom window didn’t make it :(

In the meantime, I’ve been busy unpacking after living here for two years lol. Without internet as a distraction I can get a lot done haha.

I'm so glad you are okay!  And your family.  Sorry to hear about their house, though.  But the fact that you are all unscathed is a big plus!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #326 on: October 05, 2022, 06:00:13 AM »
Aww you guys! :hug:

It was my first Cat 4 hurricane. I think they are calling it one of the most destructive to hit Florida ever. The death toll goes up everyday.

My parents should have power back on by the 7th. I got so lucky, you have no idea. Being only two miles from the harbor I was really worried about the storm surge. Now though, because all the flooding happened North of here, we have to watch out for the water to come back this way. Best case scenario is it goes out through Tampa Bay. The other option is it flows towards the Everglades.

It hasn’t rained since the storm thankfully. In fact the weather has been beautiful. I had my windows open until my allergies made me close them. It still gets hot in the middle of the day, high 80s. It’s nice at night though.

Anyway, today I think I can finish the bedroom and work more in the living room. I can’t decide where to put up the shelves for my pony customs. I’m leaning toward the living room but they will clash with my African theme.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 05, 2022, 05:45:17 PM »
BC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :tackleglomp: :tackleglomp: :tackleglomp: :tackleglomp: :tackleglomp: :tackleglomp: :tackleglomp: :tackleglomp: :tackleglomp: :tackleglomp:
So glad you & your family are alive & well enough, & that help is coming to fix stuff, & that you've been lucky with post hurricane weather!!!
HOM I bet the lights looks lovely xxx
Artie  :hug: :hug: :hug: Here's hoping things settle with the neighbours & with work too xxx
Beth glad the dog did well xxx Here's hoping you get more actual work done & fewer meetings

In my case, HUGE CRASH OUT!!! I HATE feeling tired like that & getting so little done!!! A few packages have arrived but nothing big yet, all envelope ones. I ordered some smaller pie tins & hope they get here soon so I can make smaller sweet pies & tarts... The ones I have are ok for bigger individual pies, & one for a shared pie, but sometimes you just want a small one...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #328 on: October 06, 2022, 12:13:04 PM »
BC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :tackleglomp: :tackleglomp: :tackleglomp: :tackleglomp: :tackleglomp: :tackleglomp: :tackleglomp: :tackleglomp: :tackleglomp: :tackleglomp:
So glad you & your family are alive & well enough, & that help is coming to fix stuff, & that you've been lucky with post hurricane weather!!!
HOM I bet the lights looks lovely xxx
Artie  :hug: :hug: :hug: Here's hoping things settle with the neighbours & with work too xxx
Beth glad the dog did well xxx Here's hoping you get more actual work done & fewer meetings

In my case, HUGE CRASH OUT!!! I HATE feeling tired like that & getting so little done!!! A few packages have arrived but nothing big yet, all envelope ones. I ordered some smaller pie tins & hope they get here soon so I can make smaller sweet pies & tarts... The ones I have are ok for bigger individual pies, & one for a shared pie, but sometimes you just want a small one...

Thank you that's very sweet of you. I haven't seen any damage, but they were talking loudly about cutting trees in the garden today saying "I want this done" or that done, etc. Hopefully their landlord will let them down on that one, we have booked tree work for December anyway. I wish they would just leave us alone. They seem to have worked out that the 'suepr wasps' are hornets now and that they are in the top of the willow tree. 10/10. I used to really like gardening but actually it always seems to cause a fair bit of stress with boundaries etc. Maybe it's just the type of places I've ended up living :shrug: In other news I did some work on nasturtium, dichondra and good ol' geraniums today. Not much to report otherwise. I'm really getting in the the new LOTR on Amazon.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 07, 2022, 11:55:13 AM »
I got more shoes sorted!!!! Only a few to go... And I had a pie for dinner yesterday. Also, the smaller pie tins came today. They're so cute!!! They can make small pies, large muffins, & tarts!!! TARTS!!! (I know, the name of the bakery product is risqué, but I love tarts!!! I can use up jam which has been sitting here for ages to make raspberry jam tarts, I can cook up the apples with some sugar & water to make apple tarts... This will be such fun!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal