collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where would you like to travel to in 2024?  (Read 849 times)

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Where would you like to travel to in 2024?
« on: January 20, 2024, 10:25:38 PM »
I was notified the other day (thanks tax department) that I haven't left the country in 6 years!

/flail

Where would you like to go this year?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 12:00:00 AM by Loa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: Where ould you like to travel to in 2024?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024, 10:57:24 PM »
This year marks ten years since I last traveled abroad, lol. We had talked about booking a trip to one of the canary islands in the fall, but with one of the cats being in need of medication now for the rest of his life and the other on close watch for his issues we realised we're not gonna travel anywhere before they pass which can take up to ten years.
I would love to go to Scotland, Australia, New Zeeland, Thailand and Greece, but it will have to wait. 

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2024, 07:45:50 AM »
I haven't been anywhere since 2018, either. That was a conference. I know Covid was a big chunk of that time since, but eh. It's messy now especially with Brexit making paperwork more annoying. I'm not good with forms.

I want to go back to Japan, but it won't happen this year. Hard to believe it's been that many years since I was there. I have missed it basically the whole time since I left.

I'd also love to visit Korea, China and Taiwan. My Mandarin is getting better, albeit it's nowhere near my Japanese. I've given up on Korean, LOL. My brother in law is learning, though. He and my sister are going to Korea again in April I think. Lucky for them...

I'd also really like to visit Norway one day.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 08:32:16 AM »
I've only been to Canada and Mexico and I was just passing through with my dad while he was trucking.

My dream destination has always been Tanzania. I want to see the great wildebeest migration and if you book it in Tanzania, you are guaranteed to see them. You can take the tour in other countries like Kenya, but since the herd moves where the rain falls, their path is different each year, and they don't always go through every country in the area. But the river delta is in Tanzania and they always cross there. Plus, the river crossing is the most exciting part of the migration anyway. It's about 6 grand to go, which I don't think I'll ever have.

I'd also like to visit Germany and Russia, but Russia is out as long as Putin is in charge (or others like him). Germany would be awesome though. I'd check out Wacken Open Air and get muddy, eat lots of glorious German food, and buy cool clothes. I don't drink, so that's out, but there are lots of interesting things to do in Germany :)

Iceland is another place I'd like to visit. I recently read an article that said the locals don't like all the tourism and that tourists upset the natural balance of the springs and glaciers. Living in Florida I know how bad tourists can be, but I'd still like to visit Iceland. It's such a unique and beautiful place. I'd love to see the indigenous wild horses running through the snow on black volcanic land. So pretty and surreal!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2024, 08:49:59 AM »
Oh dang, I don't know. maybe go back to Bruges? I spent many summers there growing up, and I haven't been in 10 years. But I'm actually pretty happy not going anywhere this year. Traveling within the country is enough for me for 2024, I think, and I have one road trip planned end of Feb (sheep & wool festival with my SIL :D it's our annual girl trip, gonna be great) , and maybe something in the summer. we'll see :)

At some point in my life I would love to go to Japan. But it would have to be a long stay to be worth the stress, migraines etc that come for me with flying. So it's probably not happening for very many years ^^'

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2024, 09:13:38 AM »
I would love to take a trip with my husband and child to the surgery recovery unit and then home for healing! 

okay and Mexico after that LOL
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2024, 01:41:28 PM »
Well, I'm moving to Connecticut. Although I would like to settle down for a while after the move, I do want to explore the rest of New England and perhaps Canada. Perhaps in the fall.

|My Collection|

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2024, 03:35:15 PM »
I need to go to Dublin for a concert, but I NEED a sunshine beach holiday to lift my spirits -_- The last time I was abroad was last year for a quick jaunt to Berlin for some spiritual renewal (it didn't quite work ... I was nervous and jittery the entire time). It's difficult to get petsitters for my animals, and I wasn't able to do Belgium last year for another concert as I was nursing Elderly Birb.

In the future I want to do Japan and the Caribbean. I REALLY should do France, I've done Germany, Spain and Italy.

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I Love Ponies...Always!
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2024, 06:09:21 PM »
I'm saving up for a trip to Australia this summer (in the Northern Hemisphere)-probably June or August! Keep your fingers crossed for me! I am definitely going to Australia Zoo and I might be staying in Brisbane or the Sunshine Coast. :)

Other countries I'd like to visit--Europe--specifically the UK (I'd be curious to visit the castle with my last name on it in Devonshire!) and Italy, and I'd love to visit Egypt in Africa. Other states in the US--I'd love to do a tour of the Atlantic seaboard and visit the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C. :)
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales
Brightbow Avvy-SquarePeg :lovey: My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Where would you like to travel to in 2024?
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2024, 12:25:56 AM »
Last time I was abroad was 2014 I think. Last time I was further than the nearest city was 2015. 2019-21 I was almost a shut-in, only going to local coffee morning when the pandemic wasn't locking us down, & when it was only going for messages due to home deliveries being overwhelmed for a time...
I'd need to get a new passport to travel outwith the country again, but I'd love to explore the UK as a whole. Maybe camp or something, take a tent & stuff & find a pitch to plonk on... The only issue would be carrying stuff with me...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2024, 03:54:35 AM »
I have already planned a trip to Spain. This will be an event-type trip as I am going to a big dance event there with other fellow dancers.

I am also thinking about a second trip in summer. I saw an ad for hiking trips to Iceland which I would really like to go to, but looks like the volcanoes are active there currently and I wouldn't plan this right now. The other option is Denmark to visit a friend and Legoland!
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2024, 09:18:37 AM »
I have the Shetland Islands on my mind … I think the landscape is beautiful and I and my son adore horses, and he is now the right age and size to ride a Shetty, so I’d love to go there now and see them in their home!
It’s been nearly 5 years for me too since I last took any kind of trip, so this year I’m planning to go!

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2024, 10:24:28 AM »
I'm not much of a traveller. Last trip out of the country was New York last year, before that it was Zurich in 2019 - both for musical theatre purposes :silly:

I wouldn't mind going back to New York sometime... Japan would be amazing but I don't think it'd ever happen :P But in general my only real travel plans for this year involve London! and other UK cities maybe, haha

Offline cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2024, 06:34:07 AM »
This spring me and my mother are planning to visit my sister in Puerto Rico. I went once before, but my mom hasn't seen it. Excited to see my sister's puppy again!

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal