collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony complete series - Rhino or Shout Factory?  (Read 725 times)

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
My Little Pony complete series - Rhino or Shout Factory?
« on: August 09, 2021, 03:59:52 PM »
Are either of these uncut? The Rhino set is more affordable right now but I don't know if it really has the entire show. Don't need the Special and Escape Katrina uncut as I have the original VHS. Thank you!
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony complete series - Rhino or Shout Factory?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 04:36:22 PM »
I believe the Rhino set is only the first season, so it is missing several episodes.  The Shout Factory is the Complete Series and has all the episodes.  Both sets have Rescue at Midnight Castle and Escape from Katrina (though they are probably the cut versions).

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 04:46:48 PM »
Have Shout Factory, its cut unfortunately.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Itcheeee

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 05:59:17 PM »
I believe the Rhino set is only the first season, so it is missing several episodes.  The Shout Factory is the Complete Series and has all the episodes.  Both sets have Rescue at Midnight Castle and Escape from Katrina (though they are probably the cut versions).
That's too bad :( I was hoping I could get the Rhino version as the Shout Factory one is going over $100 for some reason. I honestly can't justify more then $35 on it. They can never make it easy :/
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 07:05:06 AM »
I don't know that there have been any DVD releases that have all the songs in all the episodes.  I'm pretty sure The Glass Princess is missing a song and I recall a thread discussing other episodes that were missing songs as well (though I don't recall which episodes/songs were discussed).

I do have an uncut VHS of Rescue at Midnight Castle so I understand the frustration with the cut versions when you're familiar with the uncut ones.

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 07:33:53 AM »
I have both, but it's been awhile since I watched them. I can't remember what's been cut from the episodes. Keep watching the listings, and prices will come down eventually. My original season one set and my childhood Firefly's Adventure VHS were stolen, and it took me years to buy the box set again because the prices were $200-300 on eBay for awhile. (It was expensive to begin with when my husband bought it for me for Christmas from fye for $60.) I finally found it last year for $15.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 07:38:55 AM »
As far as I know, all DVD versions of the series have the edited-for-time versions of RaMC/Catrina, and I don't think "Hurry" in Glass Princess ever made it to home video :(

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2021, 07:51:26 AM »
Ah, is that much much the original series dvds go for? :shocked: I really want it on dvd since it's one of my favorite cartoons, but I guess that's not going to happen anytime soon...

BTW, does anyone know if it ever got a region 2 release?

Wishlist

Offline DazzleBright

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • Grew up with g3!
    • View Profile
    • My pony tumblr
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2021, 12:08:17 PM »
I know you guys are talking about purchasing physical copies for your collections, but if you just want to watch them for now, there’s a TV/phone app called Tubi that has both the original series and Tales for free. It has ads but not very many. I don’t know anything about whether they are cut or not though…

Offline Itcheeee

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2021, 01:15:12 PM »
I know you guys are talking about purchasing physical copies for your collections, but if you just want to watch them for now, there’s a TV/phone app called Tubi that has both the original series and Tales for free. It has ads but not very many. I don’t know anything about whether they are cut or not though…
I may try Tubi on my Roku, I'm just concerned about the ads. I really can't stand dirty ads and really just want to watch it without ads, as Tubi isn't exactly a kids only thing you can't be sure the ads are clean. Hulu used to have horrible ads watching kids shows, turned my stomach. Wish Netflix had more 80s series :(

Post Merge: August 10, 2021, 01:17:41 PM

Ah, is that much much the original series dvds go for? :shocked: I really want it on dvd since it's one of my favorite cartoons, but I guess that's not going to happen anytime soon...

BTW, does anyone know if it ever got a region 2 release?
It was like $25-35 on Amazon but they ran out. Now the only one is priced $130 on eBay and they surely won't take the hundred off. 2 weeks ago it sold $20 on Mercari :( Shout Factory probably stopped printing them. Just bad timing I guess. Not sure about region 2 though, I haven't seen one myself.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 01:17:41 PM by Itcheeee »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal