collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What do you most often use your cell phone for?

Phone calls
35 (11.2%)
Playing games
20 (6.4%)
Playing music or watching videos
17 (5.4%)
Sending and receiving text messages
86 (27.5%)
Social media
58 (18.5%)
Web browsing or other applications
72 (23%)
I don't even have a cell phone
25 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 258

Author Topic: [insert witty title about phones here]  (Read 7224 times)

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
[insert witty title about phones here]
« on: April 26, 2016, 03:21:23 PM »
I have an "old fashioned" flip cell phone. Not a smart phone. It can go online, but it's a painful and slow process, so I don't bother. I use it mostly for sending and receiving texts, and even then, I only get a couple per week. (Most of which are automatic notifications). It rarely rings and I rarely call anyone.

So I guess I don't use my cell phone all that much.  ^.^

However, I do have a tablet that I use for web browsing and video watching. If I had a smart phone, I'd probably be using it for those things, and I'd probably use the apps like crazy.

What's about you?  :) :phone:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: [insert witty title about phones here]
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 03:25:03 PM »
I have an iPhone and I'm way too addicted to it... I use it for Facebook a lot and I play games on it, as well as texting... I guess I'm one of those people everyone says is awful for looking at my phone too much.  :lol: I do know how to put it away at dinner and movies and social settings though.  :P

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 03:34:27 PM »
My phone is quite old by current standards. It has a touch screen but it's definitely not smart. This is the best kind of phone in this area of London, where people are known to snatch smartphones out of people's hands...so yeah. But it's not the most up to date thing and it gave up with the internet 3 years ago.

I hate phones though. So as long as it texts and calls if I need it to, I'm fine. I don't need to be glued to it. Not that it's an issue if other people want to do that, but it does annoy me when they have them out in the theatre or cinema to go on facebook.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 03:35:35 PM »
I use my phone for like...everything. I use it to listen to music in the car via the AUX cord (I pay for Spotify monthly), I use it to browse the web (I'm in between laptops right now), and well...pretty much everything else.

I also play games on it, mostly to keep busy during downtime at work.

I make calls and text on it, of course. I actually make more calls than you might think, but I honestly so prefer talking over texting. We also don't have a landline because that's kinda pointless anymore (especially considering I'm hardly at hone anyway), so having a cell phone is pretty necessary for me.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 that I've had for nearly two years now, so naturally it's already considered "old" because the S7 came out. I'm thinking I'll upgrade soon and let my husband have this phone. For the past several years, that's how its been. He refuses to upgrade, but it annoys me because he wants to be able to do all these things with his phone, so he ends up getting my old one when I upgrade. :lol:

Much like buttonso, I know how to put my phone down when I need to. I'm not really one of those people that's glued to their phone in social settings.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 03:37:47 PM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 03:38:55 PM »
Ooh that's a tough one.. I think social media beats out Texting by just a little though, only a little mind you  :lol:

I avoid phone calls because the anxiety they give me (I never really get any anyway). I don't play too many games (Gameloft MLP, Picross, Godzilla smash, Moominvalley, and Puzzles & Dragons) and I don't play them enough to be addicted, not often music or videos because im in front of a computer all day for that, I text my boyfriend 24/7 but thats mainly it (not a big talker), I use it to check social media outside of home and I only browse the web if I'm not at my computer.

Mine tends to be a social crutch. I try to avoid using it when I'm with a lot of people but if I'm on my phone I'm likely looking something up, finding a funny photo to share, or it's because I'm really uncomfortable with the situation.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Nebula Light

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 04:11:29 PM »
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and I originally got it to use it's pen/tablet-like functionality. I have a few art apps on it, but I've gone back to using my old Intuos for drawing. Using the pen is very nice though.

I use it for a lot of stuff - I used to have a Droid, and on it I had the Gameloft MLP game. Got super into it, but when I switched phones, I lost all of my progress, got bummed,  and just have not felt like restarting. lol
I do use it for social media, I have a few game apps but don't use them a lot. I tried to use Tapatalk the other day just for this forum and it won't even load posts or notifications. Sometimes it says "forum administrator has disabled use for this app" or something, so I've just given up on it.  :( I really liked using it on my other phone though.

Social media (which is mostly a distraction for break at work/when I'm bored) , weather, and web browsing. I use it a lot for video watching/movies. Since I don't have a tablet, I basically use it for that when I can't get to my laptop (which is huge) , and texting and calling. It's how I stay in contact with family out of state and husband who leaves for weeks sometimes. I really enjoy my phone, but not the bill. xP

Not addicted to it, and I only use it in social meetings if I'm bored/want to look preoccupied.

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 04:39:02 PM »
I use mine for the Internet, texting and taking pictures. Oh and also for work! I much prefer texting to talking. I also much prefer texting to people sending me social media messages- I'm not sure why, but that annoys me- just text me!

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline Valerie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • ☼ I ❤ G3 ☼
    • View Profile
    • Valerie´s Pony Rainbow
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 04:44:12 PM »
The main use my phone has is take pictures and edit them  :biggrin: I have a Note 3 because I wanted a good Camera  :lol:

So I chose web and other apps ;) I also use Instagram on the phone, but the pics are more important.

:sunny:   visitors can't see pics , please register or login
   :sunny:   

Valerie´s Pony Rainbow Tumblr - Instagram - Youtube
:heart:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 05:07:44 PM »
I have a Droid and I get the newest one every time I am up to renew. I use it mainly to browse the net and keep track of my eBay auctions. I text a lot, too, but not as much as I used to.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 05:33:01 PM »
I haven't had a phone for 3 or 4 years. Before that I just used my phone for texting and taking dumb pictures of my dogs, haha. I do use my boyfriend's tablet sort of like a phone, for web browsing and game apps. I use it to talk to people a little bit but not much.

I should finally be getting a new phone soon, my boyfriend's old iPhone. I'll mostly use it for texting/calling and business stuff (Etsy, Instagram, Pinterest). And probably snapchatting dumb photos of stuff to my friends xD

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 06:13:09 PM »
No cell phone of any kind here.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 07:00:45 PM »
I have an iphone - mostly it's for texting (easiest way to keep in touch through the day, especially at work). And I use the calendar the most of any feature/app.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 07:00:55 PM »
I have no cell phone right now. I washed it with my pants. Go me. I didn't have and don't want a smart phone. The only purpose for my cell is texting, a way for my daughter to get a hold of me if I'm not home, and long distance. I live right by the border and the next state over is long distance.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 07:05:15 PM »
I have an iPhone 5S (hoping for an upgrade soonish.). I mainly use it for surfing the web/social media and texting though, at home, I'm more often on my iPad or laptop.  :)

While I didn't *need* the phone when I got it, it's been very useful at work (I don't often have access to a computer) and for meeting up with friends.  So, I'm rather attached to it now.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2016, 07:08:21 PM »
I'm only ever on safari, notes, photos or messaging - I don't think I have a single app on my phone that isn't default and pre-added.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal