collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2013 Ornament Swap **all shipped! Waiting for last box to arrive!**  (Read 40678 times)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Ornament Swap
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 06:26:05 AM »
Woot!!!  :yippee: I am in!!! I will fill out my info in the morning. I am busy being naughty right now  :ninja:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 07:12:41 AM »
Best of luck!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 08:00:02 AM »
I'm so happy we are doing this again.  Last year was great! 

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 08:14:22 AM »
Yay, I'm in too! I'll answer the questions tomorrow, I really should be asleep already.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 10:31:25 AM »
oooh..must remember to apply before the deadline

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 11:32:11 AM »
So far 9 people today.  Last year we had 19 all up.  Crazy. 

Anyway... I am logging off the pc.  I may check into the arena on the tablet and read messages, but the tablet does not like me doing anything too complicated.  So if you send me an application, and I don't reply, don't freak out, I'm just waiting until I can get back on the PC.

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 11:36:20 AM »
Yay! I was approved to join the swap! It will be my first one so any pointers from you pros I would appreciate it! I will fill out my other form tomorrow!

I'm so excited!  :cheer:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 11:43:04 AM »
I didn't get in on this last year, but I am thinking about it this year. The brag thread for this was awesome!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 11:55:54 AM »
Woo back in again this year! Glad see some of you again and new faces as well.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2013, 12:16:00 PM »
I love looking at everyone's likes! Can't wait to see who I get to spoil :lovey:
I've already seen a lot of awesome ornaments at Micheals :)

Sandra

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2013, 04:32:42 PM »
Oooh, I love ornaments. I'm so on the fence about applying for this swap! The brag thread from last year was awesome. Temptation... :lol:

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2013, 01:16:50 AM »
Oooh, I love ornaments. I'm so on the fence about applying for this swap! The brag thread from last year was awesome. Temptation... :lol:

*Twist twist* - that's me twisting your arm.

Post Merge: October 10, 2013, 08:26:37 AM

I have now added all the people who pmed me since yesterday. If your name isn't there, or I didn't respond to a pm, poke me with a stick or something.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 08:26:37 AM by xeevee »

kaninchen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2013, 11:28:57 AM »
so happy to have been approved! collecting tree ornaments has been a tradition in my family for my entire life. 

1. What colours do you prefer:
i don't really have any colour preferences as far as ornaments go. my tree is a very diverse and colourful place!

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?:
i do not wish for any religious ornaments. 

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?
what don't i!? i'm absolutely mad about christmas. i love everything from the trees to the cookies to the colours to the stockings to the carols. i do have a fondness for mermaids though.

4. What candy do you like or dislike?
i dislike chocolate. i, however, adore white chocolate, licorice, allsorts, fruit flavours and gummies. 

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?
i would prefer one or two nice ones rather than several smaller ones.

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?
thrilled! they catch the light so prettily.

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.
i collect dolls, spiders, mermaids, antique books, corsets and Christmas stuff. really! i would not mind these things included, but it's hardly necessary.

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?
i don't think so.

Questions from the Group:

Would you like a handmade garland?
...i would not, i have a family tradition i follow of strung popcorn and red velvet ribbon.

How big is your Tree if you have one?
7.5 foot. 6 foot. and 3 foot.

Would you like a pony ornament? If you would like one would you prefer a handmade one or a store bought one or does it matter?  If store bought would you mind a G4 one?
i wouldn't mind at all.

When it comes to extra stuff would you prefer like candy and little trinkets or would you like a smaller ornament or tree decoration piece instead?
little trinkets or tree decorations would be preferable.

Coffee, Tea or Cocoa? Do you have a preference? Favorite favors?
tea! i love loose lead of any real persuasion - anything but herbal. i love all black teas.

Do you like advent calendars?
immensely!

How would you feel about a Disney themed ornament?
tiana, belle or maleficent only. it's easier to avoid disney all together probably.

Could you post a picture of your tree if you have one? Or some of the ornaments you have? For example...if you like disney ornaments, I want to make sure I don't get one you already hav

sorry, this is the only image i have of my tree. it's from last year.

Incense?  Yes or no? What sorts of scents do you like?
mr. kaninchen is buddist. we have plenty of incense.

Who is your favorite pony?
moonstone. or rarity.

Let's say, I wanted to include something MLP-related as an extra ... could you list a handful of accessories that you wouldn't mind receiving?
pink ribbons like moonstones original!

Which Christmas-related extras would you like to receive? (Snowglobes, crafts supplies, cards ...whatever comes to your mind!)
anything. i am obsessed with Christmas. all things Christmas.

What animals do you like and would you like them as ornaments?
i rescue sea lions and seals for my job! i also collect ladybugs and spiders.

YAY or NAY to ones that have past years on them?? Say I find one that fits your wishlist BUT it say 1985 or 1998 on it??
yay!

Are you okay with spiders as ornaments?
yesyesyesyesyes!!!! 

Do you have kids/live with any kids?
nope and nope.

Do you collect MH? If you do are there any MH items you're looking for (cheap enough to be an extra maybe?) or do you like handmade clothing? This can also go for the pony people would you like some holiday pony wear?
i do not collect MH and my moonstone army are nudists.

If you have kids do they have any specific interests ect? Would you like some sort of piece reflecting your kids (and if you do maybe a little info about them so I can look), Do your kids like ponies? If so which ones and if you got lots of kids oh goodness.
n/a

Do you have pets?  (Info about your pets please if you feel like sharing) Would you like little treats or things for your pets? What do they like?  Oh how big are they? Would you like a little sweater or something (probably mostly dogs I don't think cats wear sweaters)?
two lovely kitties. they love greenies treats and wear hats!

Would you like any baked good? What type of stuff do you like?
any and all cookies!!

Would you have any interest in a pony rehair as an extra? If so what are some colors you like and a few ponies (not super pricey please) that you might like a rehair of?
no thank you.

would you be okay with all or most of your ornaments being from the same "like"? For example, say you like a certain movie, tv show, animal, design, etc. would you be okay with your box being themed around that?
yes! also! spiders!

Would you like a pickle as an extra?  I mean an ornament pickle, not a real one.
i think this is a very cute tradition and would not mind a pickle, though i probably wouldn't pick one out for myself.

I have a question for the group:  What are your hobbies?  Be it one or many, perhaps a gift could help you out with your passion!  (I guess this would go along with the theme aspect, but it doesn't have to.)  Such hobby related presents I'm talking about are  seeds for those who garden, scrapbooking supplies for those who scrapbook, baking stuff for those who bake, etc.
i crochet and am always looking for yarn and hooks and stitch markers, i make small art dolls and am always looking for scrabs of beautiful vintage fabrics and i collect vintage lace. and i bake - bring on the cookie cutters and cupcake liners and sprinkles!

Do you like ornaments that are hand-crafted or made of natural materials such as fabric, felt, wood ... etc.?
very much. though feathers are a little too tempting to the two kitties. but wool i love.

Dear partner would you be ok if your box only contained 2 ornaments if they were expensive ones?
absolutely!

Would you like things that are pretty but not themed?  Such as glass ornaments that are beautiful and neat shapes but otherwise aren't painted with specific pictures or anything?  Elegant simplicity?
my tree is a a wonderful patchwork of styles. any sort of ornament would fit!

How do you feel about plastic ornaments (or - basically non-breakable "glass" imitation ornaments)?
they can be very pretty.

Have you ever eaten one of those mini fruit mince pies?
oh i love mincemeat! yes yes yes!

Dear partner, if I find an ornament close to what you like, but is simple, would you like me to decorate/paint it so that it more closely matches your tastes? -  I am crafty and good with painting details.
absolutely!

would you rather have lovely extra's or over-budget but perfect ornaments?
probably the ornaments

Also, dear partner, do you have pierced ears and do you have metal sensitivities?
i do have pierced ears, but they are stretched to 6g - so normal earrings would not work however, i do not have any metal sensitivities!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 04:57:39 AM by kaninchen »

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2013, 11:31:47 AM »
Darn... I forgot to fill out my other form today. I'll have to do it tomorrow :)

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2013, 12:00:11 PM »
Darn... I forgot to fill out my other form today. I'll have to do it tomorrow :)

Don't worry, there is still plenty of time.  As long as it's up by the time I hand out partners.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal