collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2013 Ornament Swap **all shipped! Waiting for last box to arrive!**  (Read 40673 times)

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Welcome to the Ornament Swap. 
A swap for us to share our love of the season with each other.

HERE IS THE BRAG THREAD!!!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Basic Info:
This swap is about exchanging Holiday ornaments with each other.  But everyone celebrates the holidays differently, please keep that in mind when shopping.  There is no minimum nor maximum number of ornaments.  You can spend the budget on one amazing ornament, or buy lots of little ones.
Please include extras in the box.  These do not go to the value of the box, but can include anything, candy, note books, pencils, hand made goodies,  Keeping them holiday themed would be great, but you don't have to.

Rules:
* Per Arena rules you must be at least 16 years old.
* You should have at least 3 positive feedbacks for trading/selling.
* You must have 150  posts here in the arena.
* You must be an active member for 6 months or more.
* You should have participated in at least one other swap.
**If you do not meet one of the 4 criteria directly above but would still like to join, send me a pm, I can be flexible depending on how far you are off)**
* This swap has a value of $15 not including extras.  You can go over, but please try not to by too much, and don't be disappointed if your partner does not.
* There is a minimum of $5 to be spent on extras.
* This is a random swap, please do not contact your partner directly, and do not say who your partner is anywhere else.
* This swap does not have a wish list per say, but it is important to let your partner know what colours and themes your interested in.  Please make a list including preferred colours, themes, religious or not, and if you have any allergies.
* Shipping is not included in the value of the box.
* Gifts must be wrapped.
* Include a card for your partner saying who the box is from.
*If you include a glass ornament please make sure it is packed very well (this could mean packing it in it's own smaller box within the larger one).  We don't want any broken ornaments.
*Either tracking or insurance on your swap box is recommended.
*You must post in this thread at least once every two weeks.  Do not join, if you don't plan on participating in the swap discussion.

Dates:
Forms in by 26th of October  CAPPING AT 30 PARTICIPANTS!
partners assigned by: 30th of October
Shipping deadline for both international or domestic is December 3rd

FORM:
Please PM this form to me:
1. Are you willing to ship international?

2. Post here a link to your feedback:

3. Any Candy Dislikes or Allergies?

4. In which swaps have you been before:

- Your Screen-Name:
 - Real Name and Mailing Address:
 - Your Email address:

When you have been approved I will also PM you this Form.  This is to go into the thread.  You can start filling it out now.  I will also add any questions asked by participants to this post.

1. What colours do you prefer:

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?:

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?

4. What candy do you like or dislike?

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?

Participants:
xeevee  shipped/received
mkia9   shipped/received
Doedeardarling  shipped/received
Ice Crystal shipped/received   
wiccanpony1   shipped/received
Marigold  shipped/received
ponylady  shipped/received
nessy_86  shipped/received
madhatterda  shipped/received
kaninchen  shipped/received
Emberfly  shipped/received
Katgyrl shipped/received
Sugar  shipped/received
Arianna  shipped/received
Tiffymh1fan  shipped/received
Sandra   shipped/Sandra
jwalraven  shipped/received
Mirnyj  shipped/received
wystearya  Shipped/received
MiRaja  shipped/received
tikibirds  shipped/received
Sunshine Shipped/received
M!ndy  shipped/received
Libelle shipped/received
michelle53   shipped/received
barbgirl1999 shipped/received
archidraca  shipped/received
Cate_Dartfinger   shipped/
lochnessmomster  shipped/received
RedLynx  shipped/received

It has come to my attention that a few of you have missed a question when answering from the list.  Could everyone please double check they have answered all the question listed below!

Questions from the Group:
Would you like a handmade garland?
How big is your Tree if you have one?
Would you like a pony ornament? If you would like one would you prefer a handmade one or a store bought one or does it matter?  If store bought would you mind a G4 one?
When it comes to extra stuff would you prefer like candy and little trinkets or would you like a smaller ornament or tree decoration piece instead?
Coffee, Tea or Cocoa? Do you have a preference? Favorite favors?
Do you like advent calendars?
How would you feel about a Disney themed ornament?
Could you post a picture of your tree if you have one? Or some of the ornaments you have? For example...if you like disney ornaments, I want to make sure I don't get one you already have.
Incense?  Yes or no? What sorts of scents do you like?
Who is your favorite pony?
Let's say, I wanted to include something MLP-related as an extra ... could you list a handful of accessories that you wouldn't mind receiving?
Which Christmas-related extras would you like to receive? (Snowglobes, crafts supplies, cards ...whatever comes to your mind!)
What animals do you like and would you like them as ornaments?
YAY or NAY to ones that have past years on them?? Say I find one that fits your wishlist BUT it say 1985 or 1998 on it??
Are you okay with spiders as ornaments?
Do you have kids/live with any kids?
Do you collect MH? If you do are there any MH items you're looking for (cheap enough to be an extra maybe?) or do you like handmade clothing? This can also go for the pony people would you like some holiday pony wear?
If you have kids do they have any specific interests ect? Would you like some sort of piece reflecting your kids (and if you do maybe a little info about them so I can look), Do your kids like ponies? If so which ones and if you got lots of kids oh goodness.
Do you have pets?  (Info about your pets please if you feel like sharing) Would you like little treats or things for your pets? What do they like?  Oh how big are they? Would you like a little sweater or something (probably mostly dogs I don't think cats wear sweaters)?
Would you like any baked good? What type of stuff do you like?
Would you have any interest in a pony rehair as an extra? If so what are some colors you like and a few ponies (not super pricey please) that you might like a rehair of?
would you be okay with all or most of your ornaments being from the same "like"? For example, say you like a certain movie, tv show, animal, design, etc. would you be okay with your box being themed around that?
Would you like a pickle as an extra?  I mean an ornament pickle, not a real one.
I have a question for the group:  What are your hobbies?  Be it one or many, perhaps a gift could help you out with your passion!  (I guess this would go along with the theme aspect, but it doesn't have to.)  Such hobby related presents I'm talking about are  seeds for those who garden, scrapbooking supplies for those who scrapbook, baking stuff for those who bake, etc.
Do you like ornaments that are hand-crafted or made of natural materials such as fabric, felt, wood ... etc.?
Dear partner would you be ok if your box only contained 2 ornaments if they were expensive ones?
Would you like things that are pretty but not themed?  Such as glass ornaments that are beautiful and neat shapes but otherwise aren't painted with specific pictures or anything?  Elegant simplicity? 
How do you feel about plastic ornaments (or - basically non-breakable "glass" imitation ornaments)?
Partner, if you could pick one ornament that you've seen in store/online to receive in this swap box, which would it be?
Have you ever eaten one of those mini fruit mince pies?
Dear partner, if I find an ornament close to what you like, but is simple, would you like me to decorate/paint it so that it more closely matches your tastes? -  I am crafty and good with painting details.
would you rather have lovely extra's or over-budget but perfect ornaments?
Also, dear partner, do you have pierced ears and do you have metal sensitivities?
For those who are gluten free, can you post some favorite treats and goodies that fall into that category?
New question: Do you like Santa Claus?
Fuzzy Socks? Would you maybe like a pair as an extra? (Holiday themed?) If so, what size are your feet?
Do you like stickers? If so what types, themes, etc?

*Approved - kkat 10-8-2013
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 05:29:48 AM by xeevee »

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Ornament Swap
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 02:58:09 AM »
Form sent! I love this swap :)

Woo! Approved! I'll modify this post with my questions answered and such later tonight :). I've got a final to study for! Ugh.

My favorite color is orange, especially when in combination with reds and yellows :). But I love all colors :). My tree is white, so nothing solely white as it may not show well. I also like when teal, green, etc are mixed like in a peacock feather :). Sparkles are a YES!
For Christmassy colors, I also like red and white together or blue and white together. Basically any color and I'm good lol.

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?:
No religious ornaments, please.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?I love pretty much all Christmas themes :). I love reindeer, snowflakes, and penguins most. But I am also happy with non-Christmas themed ornaments!
I love Pocahontas and Aristocats. I also love the Big Bang theory, Game of thrones, new girl, Harry potter, the hunger games, once upon a time, and glee. Any ornaments of these would be well received :).
I'm in my last year of nursing school, so anything nurse-related would be awesome :).
I love zebras and chihuahuas.

I love gummi candy, and dark chocolate. I also love mint chocolate, and just plain mint by itself. I love Reese's, m&ms (Esp peanut), and plain chocolate also.
I dislike candy with crunches in it (like crunch bar or crisp crunch).

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?
Maybe a few moderately priced? Or more cheaper or whichever. I'm sure my partner will do great :).

Sure :). I think they're very pretty. As long as they're packed well for shipping.

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.
I collect Aristocats and Pocahontas merch. I'd love any extras with these :). I also collect zebra stuff (especially things with real zebras on it). Although it isn't a collection, I love stationary items too. :)

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?
Not that I know of.

Questions from the group!

I would love a disney ornament! I think I have this in my main post xP. I love disney ornaments!

Would you like a pony ornament? If you would like one would you prefer a handmade one or a store bought one or does it matter?  If store bought would you mind a G4 one?
I'd probably prefer not to get a pony ornament. Though a handmade one would be okay! :). The ones at the stores I have mostly.

When it comes to extra stuff would you prefer like candy and little trinkets or would you like a smaller ornament or tree decoration piece instead?
I'd probably go for candy and little trinkets.

Partner, do you like advent calendars?
Yes! I'd love one. Candy, not candy, whatever. I've always wanted to do one.

Coffee, Tea or Cocoa? Do you have a preference? Favorite flavors? For Coffee - ground or whole bean? For Tea - bags or loose leaf?
Love coffee, tea, and cocoa! Any flavor of coffee or cocoa. Love tazo green tea and chai. Not big on super fruity drink flavors.
Favorite flower is probably the sunflower.
For tea, tea bags as I have nothing to brew loose tea.
For coffee, ground or kcups.

Incense?  Yes or no?  I almost always gift incense as I have a dealer in Japan whom I buy from and I never can use it all.  I buy in bulk, and can never use it all.  It IS all natural, and isn't at all like the stuff that's found in the mall.  ^^;;  What sorts of scents do you like?
Incense: no thanks :/. But candles are a yes! I like ocean scents, or fall type scents (pumpkin, gingerbread, etc).

I like Toola Roola and Zecorra :]. Also a fan of g4 Rarity and g1 Zig Zag.

Let's say, I wanted to include something MLP-related as an extra ... could you list a handful of accessories that you wouldn't mind receiving?
I don't collect accessories  :blush:

Which Christmas-related extras would you like to receive? (Snowglobes, crafts supplies, cards ...whatever comes to your mind!)
All of the above!! I LOVE christmas. I'm totally game for little snowglobes, tree decorations, christmas themed goodies, stickers, window decals!, etc. Seriously an entire box filled with Christmas goodness = a happy mkia9!

I love zebras! Also love chihuahuas and basically any animal lol. I would LOVE animal ornaments! :]

YAY or NAY to ones that have past years on them?? Say I find one that fits your wishlist BUT it say 1985 or 1998 on it??
Ehhh...if it's a Pocahontas or Aristocats one, that's fine. Any other...I'd probably say nay.

If it's a pretty spider, sure. A normal looking/scary spider no thank you! Lol

No human kiddos.

Do you collect MH? If you do are there any MH items you're looking for (cheap enough to be an extra maybe?) or do you like handmade clothing? This can also go for the pony people would you like some holiday pony wear?
I don't collect MH, but my SO does. So if you wanted to include an outfit or something for her dolls, I'm sure she'd be thrilled. I don't dress ponies  :blush:

Would you be okay with all or most of your ornaments being from the same "like"? For example, say you like a certain movie, tv show, animal, design, etc. would you be okay with your box being themed around that?
Sure, I don't mind either way :]. If you find a bunch of cool ornaments that all go with one of my likes, go for it! But otherwise, they certainly don't have to be themed :].

Would you like a pickle as an extra?  I mean an ornament pickle, not a real one.
As an extra, sure!

I have a question for the group:  What are your hobbies?  Be it one or many, perhaps a gift could help you out with your passion!  (I guess this would go along with the theme aspect, but it doesn't have to.)  Such hobby related presents I'm talking about are  seeds for those who garden, scrapbooking supplies for those who scrapbook, baking stuff for those who bake, etc.
I love to sing and listen to music. I love to bake, do crafts, and play with my animals!

Do you like ornaments that are hand-crafted or made of natural materials such as fabric, felt, wood ... etc.?
Absolutely! :] I would love anything handmade!

Dear partner would you be ok if your box only contained 2 ornaments if they were expensive ones?
That's fine, whatever my partner decides will be fine!

Would you like things that are pretty but not themed?  Such as glass ornaments that are beautiful and neat shapes but otherwise aren't painted with specific pictures or anything?  Elegant simplicity?
I would be okay with this. It isn't what I would normally buy for myself, but I would still like them :]

How do you feel about plastic ornaments (or - basically non-breakable "glass" imitation ornaments)?
These are fine as long as they aren't horribly cheap looking.

Partner, if you could pick one ornament that you've seen in store/online to receive in this swap box, which would it be?
I would love a Big Bang Theory ornament...can't say that I've seen one though lol. Oh and I would LOVE a Harry Potter ornament as somehow I don't have any! :[ But if partner can't find these, I will totally be happy with anything in my interests.

Nope, never had one. But I am open to trying it!

Dear partner, if I find an ornament close to what you like, but is simple, would you like me to decorate/paint it so that it more closely matches your tastes? -  I am crafty and good with painting details.
Sure, if you'd like to!

Would you rather have lovely extra's or over-budget but perfect ornaments?
Either one is fine :]. I love extras, but I also love ornaments xD. So I'll be happy either way.

Also, dear partner, do you have pierced ears and do you have metal sensitivities?
I do have pierced ears, and don't have any sensitivities :]

For those who are gluten free, can you post some favorite treats and goodies that fall into that category?
I'm not gluten free :)

For like window stickers, yup! For ornaments, ehh. I'd probably choose a reindeer or penguin before I picked Santa.

Fuzzy Socks? Would you maybe like a pair as an extra? (Holiday themed?) If so, what size are your feet?
Sure! I'm size 10-11 us women.

Do you like stickers? If so what types, themes, etc?
I love stickers! Any and all. Favorites are animal stickers, or ones associated with my favorite shows/movies.

Do you have pets?  (Info about your pets please if you feel like sharing) Would you like little treats or things for your pets? What do they like?  Oh how big are they? Would you like a little sweater or something (probably mostly dogs I don't think cats wear sweaters)?
Boy where do I start?? I have five doggies: three boys...Brody, Carsyn, and Sheldon. And two girls: Blayne and Carly. They're all chihuahuas. I'd love to receive treats or toys for them! (They'd love it too!). My only issue on treats is that Blayne has allergies to wheat, beef, and birds. She usually gets salmon and potato treats. We feed them a healthy diet...so we tend to go for the healthier treats (Blue, Wellness, Science Diet, etc). So if those are too expensive, toys are always welcome too! They love balls of all sorts, and nylabones or other bones they can chew on :]. OH! And sweaters...my two little boys will glady accept sweaters as they have no body fat to keep them warm lol. They'd be a size small. The others would be mediums most likely and would also wear sweaters when we go up north :].

I also have five guinea pigs. There's also three boys and two girls xD. Boys are Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, and Clint Barton. Girls are Amy Farrah Fowler and Bernadette. Yes...we are nerds haha. They like the little stick balls and such you can find at petsmart, but you definitely don't have to include anything for them xP

Also have two rat girls named Hera and Epona. Not sure what they like/dislike quite yet as we recently got them and they're still babies.

Pics for fun!!
Spoiler
Carsyn and Sheldon up top, Brody on bottom right, Carly (darker coloring) and Blayne on bottom left!

image by haileymarie93, on Flickr

Clint Barton

Bruce Banner on left and Tony Stark on right

Bruce and tony by haileymarie93, on Flickr

Bernadette

Bernadette by haileymarie93, on Flickr

Amy

Amy by haileymarie93, on Flickr

Hera

Epona

Love pretty much all baked goods xD. Cookies, muffins, scones, etc. I like chocolate chip, banana, pumpkin, pretty much anything except fruity or plain oatmeal.

Would you have any interest in a pony rehair as an extra? If so what are some colors you like and a few ponies (not super pricey please) that you might like a rehair of?
Sure :). I'd love a rehaired Toola Roola (either version). I'm not picky on hair choices as it'd be my first rehaired anyway! Something that you think looks good :).

Pics of my tree!
Spoiler

I'll keep this list updated with new questions so my partner can easily find them :)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 02:33:13 PM by mkia9 »

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 03:03:47 AM »
Oohh I want to sign up for this! A swap I finally qualify for! :)

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 03:16:00 AM »
1. What colours do you prefer:  I love purple and silver together.  Back in Aus, my tree theme is purple and silver (with ponies and wands thrown in).  Here my tree is really a free for all though, so if you see something you think I should have on my tree, go nuts.

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?:  I am not religious at all, so I would prefer no religious ornament.  Pagan can be ok.  And I'll be ok with other religious stuff if they are folk artsy, or of some kind of cultural relevance to your area.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?  I love novelty ornaments based on movies, books or tv shows I like.  For example, ponies, Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Comic Book characters, that kind of thing.  I also love ornaments that are really sparkly, pretty, folksy and bird ornaments with feathers (especially peacocks), carousel animals (my favourite set of ornaments are carousel ornaments), Masquerade masks and Disney Ornaments (especially nightmare before Christmas)... I'm sure that there is more stuff.

4. What candy do you like or dislike? I am a chocoholic, love chocolate.  Don't really like most other candy (except gummies if they are vegetarian).  I also really love cookies, and things to make hot drinks.

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?  It doesn't matter too much.  I'd probably prefer one big or a few medium priced ornaments over lots of little cheap ones.

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)? I love glass ornaments.

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.  Ponies of all gens, puppets, kites and comic books (in particular Marvel, but really I like lots).  And while I don't collect them per say, I love merch from Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, True Blood and Doctor Who. I would love either the ornaments or the extras to be reflected in the box.  I obviously don't mind if you don't, but that would be cool.

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?  Not that I am aware of.

Questions from the group:
Spoiler
Would you like a handmade garland?  Sounds awesome
How big is your Tree if you have one? It's 6ft.
Would you like a pony ornament? If you would like one would you prefer a handmade one or a store bought one or does it matter?  If store bought would you mind a G4 one?  I love pony ornaments.  I would be happy with anything from any gen, store bought or home made
When it comes to extra stuff would you prefer like candy and little trinkets or would you like a smaller ornament or tree decoration piece instead?  Either is fine with me.
Coffee, Tea or Cocoa? Do you have a preference? Favorite favors?  I drink all of the above.  I buy myself tea and coffee regularly, so if you're having trouble deciding hot cocoa probably makes a better present because it's more of a treat.  Flavour wise, coffee I tend to like just standard blends (ground please) not so much flavoured ones, though I do love a flavour called chocolate macadamia, and I am also willing to try any flavour if it's one you think I should try.  Tea I like black teas and green teas but not herbal teas. I have never tried a flavoured tea.  Hot Cocoa, you can decide, I've never met one I didn't like, but I tend to like good quality ones you need to use with milk over the ones you just add hot water to.
Do you like advent calendars? I sure do.
How would you feel about a Disney themed ornament?  I love Disney Ornaments.  I think I have my most fave above.
Could you post a picture of your tree if you have one? Or some of the ornaments you have? For example...if you like disney ornaments, I want to make sure I don't get one you already have.
So, I think the only collection thing on my tree you might be worried about is ponies.  I honestly don't have many official pony ornaments.  Off the top of my head I have this years twilight in a stocking, last years 5 pack of flat ornaments, the g3 pinky in a balloon, g3 sweetie bell sitting eating cookies and that's it.  But just in case, here is my tree in the US:

Most of my collection stuff is back in Australia though.  Sorry.  :(
Incense?  Yes or no? What sorts of scents do you like? I am not opposed to incense, my husband is a bigger fan of it than me.  Probably things like Sandalwood would be best.  For other things like body stuff and candles, I prefer more sugary/spicy and fruit.  Like Cookies, gingerbread, pumpkin spice and vanilla, and things like blue berry.
Who is your favorite pony?  I love G1 baby pony and twinkler, g3 Kimono and G4 Twilight Sparkle and Sweetie Belle.  I do also have a multi gen army of Apple Jack and Rainbow Dash.
Let's say, I wanted to include something MLP-related as an extra ... could you list a handful of accessories that you wouldn't mind receiving? I think there is a link in my sig for things I want/need which includes accessories.
Which Christmas-related extras would you like to receive? (Snow globes, crafts supplies, cards ...whatever comes to your mind!)  Snow globes would be awesome, random Christmas decorations to put around the house. Anything really, I love Christmas.
What animals do you like and would you like them as ornaments?  I love most animals, I actually have a zoology degree.  My favourite animals are Red Pandas and Sun Bears.  If you can find a red panda or sun bear ornament, sure why not.   To make it easier on you though, I love hedgehog, owl, peacock and dragonfly ornaments.
YAY or NAY to ones that have past years on them?? Say I find one that fits your wishlist BUT it say 1985 or 1998 on it?? If it directly related to something I collect then that is fine because I collect it, and I'd probably end up buying it myself at some point.  If it's something that I just might like, I'd probably prefer no past dates, but the preference isn't so big that it will ruin the ornament for me or anything. Oh but that reminds me, I collect these miniature wand ornaments from Alivans.  I missed 2008 if you managed to find that for me, you have no idea how happy I'd be.  I certainly don't expect you to find it, I've been looking since 2008, but you never know, right?
Are you okay with spiders as ornaments?  Yep.
Do you have kids/live with any kids?  I do, my son aged 7 and my daughter aged 4
Do you collect MH? If you do are there any MH items you're looking for (cheap enough to be an extra maybe?) or do you like handmade clothing? This can also go for the pony people would you like some holiday pony wear?  No to Monster High.  I used to and I do like them but I don't collect them any more.  I don't mind monstery type things though. As for pony wear I don't really even do the official stuff unless it's moc.  I would probably be ok with winter hats and scarves, but that would be the extent of it.
If you have kids do they have any specific interests ect? Would you like some sort of piece reflecting your kids (and if you do maybe a little info about them so I can look), Do your kids like ponies? If so which ones and if you got lots of kids oh goodness. My son loves minecraft, pokemon and doctor who, my daughter loves ponies, batman, minecraft and zoobles.  They both like Disney Movies.
Do you have pets?  (Info about your pets please if you feel like sharing) Would you like little treats or things for your pets? What do they like?  Oh how big are they? Would you like a little sweater or something (probably mostly dogs I don't think cats wear sweaters)?  I have a hamster and a Betta.  I don't think either would like a sweater much.  Probably the betta doesn't care if you send treats.  I can only really think of blood worms and that's his normal food anyway.  The hamster likes yogurt covered treats and hamster toys.
Would you like any baked good? What type of stuff do you like? I love baked goods and have never met one I didn't like.  If you want to go to the effort of baking, it would be very well received here.
Would you have any interest in a pony rehair as an extra? If so what are some colors you like and a few ponies (not super pricey please) that you might like a rehair of?  I'm not super big into rehairs.  The only pony I'd be interested in would be Apple Jack.
would you be okay with all or most of your ornaments being from the same "like"? For example, say you like a certain movie, tv show, animal, design, etc. would you be okay with your box being themed around that?  That would be fine
Would you like a pickle as an extra?  I mean an ornament pickle, not a real one. I am neither for or opposed to pickles.  If it's something you do and you want to share that tradition with me, I'd love that.  If you just think it's kind of funny, meh, not so much.
I have a question for the group:  What are your hobbies?  Be it one or many, perhaps a gift could help you out with your passion!  (I guess this would go along with the theme aspect, but it doesn't have to.)  Such hobby related presents I'm talking about are  seeds for those who garden, scrap booking supplies for those who scrapbook, baking stuff for those who bake, etc.  Not really sure I have much in the way of hobbies you can shop for.  I am considering taking up knitting if you want to buy yarn or needles.  Otherwise, my hobbies are travelling, reading and collecting the stuff mentioned above.  If you want to go for books my I like lighter sci fi and fantasy (think Harry Potter, Game of Thrones or Hitchhikers Guide over Tolkien). 
Do you like ornaments that are hand-crafted or made of natural materials such as fabric, felt, wood ... etc.? Those things all sound great!
Dear partner would you be ok if your box only contained 2 ornaments if they were expensive ones? Fine with me.
Would you like things that are pretty but not themed?  Such as glass ornaments that are beautiful and neat shapes but otherwise aren't painted with specific pictures or anything?  Elegant simplicity? I love pretty ornaments too.  Go with  your gut.
How do you feel about plastic ornaments (or - basically non-breakable "glass" imitation ornaments)? I'm fine with plastic too.  Maybe not super cheap plastic as much because they tend to degrade quickly, but even then it's not such a big deal for me.  Saying that, I do prefer glass or ceramic, but my tree does have a lot of plastic on it.   Once again, go with your gut
Partner, if you could pick one ornament that you've seen in store/online to receive in this swap box, which would it be? I kind of don't want to answer this question.  I'd rather see what you come up with rather than point you at a specific ornament.  If you REALLY want me to answer, then send me a pm and I will.
Have you ever eaten one of those mini fruit mince pies? Yes, and I love them.
Dear partner, if I find an ornament close to what you like, but is simple, would you like me to decorate/paint it so that it more closely matches your tastes? -  I am crafty and good with painting details.  Sounds awesome to me.
would you rather have lovely extra's or over-budget but perfect ornaments? extras I think, but once again, go with your gut.
Also, dear partner, do you have pierced ears and do you have metal sensitivities?   I do have pierced ears, no metal sensitivities, though I don't wear yellow or rose gold for aesthetic reasons.  I do love earrings, especially novelty ones.
For those who are gluten free, can you post some favorite treats and goodies that fall into that category? N/A
New question: Do you like Santa Claus?  I do.  But I don't love santa tree ornaments as a rule.  I do love santa other things thought, like salt and pepper shakers, or weird dancing santas or that kind of thing.
Fuzzy Socks? Would you maybe like a pair as an extra? (Holiday themed?) If so, what size are your feet? I have huge feet and have a lot of trouble finding novelty socks that fit me.  Generally I'm a size 10-11 mens Australian  (I think US is the same system, but I'm never 100% sure on that).  But if you can find some, that would be cool.
Do you like stickers? If so what types, themes, etc?  I love stickers.  I am always keen to get new pony stickers any time.  I use them a lot.  Otherwise anything cute Christmassy, anything from my above like list or anything pokemon would be great.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 04:17:14 AM by xeevee »

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 03:17:34 AM »
eeee! Fun fun :D

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 03:48:19 AM »
Omg yes! I'll get my form in after work since my break is almost over. Loved this swap last year. ^.^
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 05:06:42 AM »
OHHH!! I missed this last year because I am an idiot and forgot.  So posting so I don't forget.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 05:28:16 AM »
Form sent in :) I love this swap last year xx

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 05:33:26 AM »
wowsers, the thread has only been up for a few hours and we're already have 6 people participating.  That is more than a quater of last years total participants!  We may have a big swap on our hands :)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 05:49:17 AM »
Ok form sent! I was starting to get nervous that I would forget.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 05:53:51 AM »
Yay!! So excited that we may get a large group this year!

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 05:55:12 AM »
Xeevee- thats because last years swap was full of awesomeness :) I also gain a new tradition last year of trying to buy the christmas ornament from Alivans(dame you Xeevee lol )

I like loads of colors but Im not keen on gold/red Christmas combo lol
2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?: I dont have any religious ornaments but im not opposed to receiving one if you think I would like it. I tend to lend more towards pagan/wicca :biggrin:
3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)? ok I really like unusual/novelty ornaments:) I like cultural ornaments as well so if your country has a tradition like hanging a pickle on the tree that works for me:) They really dont need to be traditional however I do love gingerbread men and snowmen and snowflakes plus reindeer are always cute:)
4. What candy do you like or dislike? I dont really dislike anything and I love M&Ms
5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between? Im not sure lol I think either one amazing one or 2-3 medium priced ones rather than a handfull of cheaper ones:)
6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)? Yes sure I love glass ornaments x
7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box. I collect custom ponies.monster high dolls.Twilight barbie dolls plus loads of merch for buffy the vampire slayer,twilight,true blood and im a huge Lego fan
8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)? not that im aware off.
Would you like a handmade garland? sure as long as its not huge:)
How big is your Tree if you have one? I have a 6foot tree
Would you like a pony ornament? If you would like one would you prefer a handmade one or a store bought one or does it matter?  If store bought would you mind a G4 one? no thanks I dont really like the pony ornaments  :blush:
When it comes to extra stuff would you prefer like candy and little trinkets or would you like a smaller ornament or tree decoration piece instead? I think candy or small trinkets would be my preferred option x
Coffee, Tea or Cocoa? Do you have a preference? Favorite favors? all of the above lol we are a house hold of hot drink lovers so nothing would go to waste
Do you like advent calendars? I sure do x
Disney ornaments no thank you x
Incense?  Yes or no?  I almost always gift incense as I have a dealer in Japan whom I buy from and I never can use it all.  I buy in bulk, and can never use it all.  It IS all natural, and isn't at all like the stuff that's found in the mall.  ^^;;  What sorts of scents do you like?
Incense
: yes sure as long as its not fruity x
Quakers
I don't collect ponies(only customs) so no thank you xx
All of the above lol
I love owls,orca,wolves and bats and if you found a ornament with one of those on the that would be awesome
Sure if you think it fits in with my wishlist xx
Yes completely
Do you have kids?
yes 2 girls one age 11 the other is nearly 2 xx
I collect M/H and would always welcome anything related as a extra I dont collect standard ponies so it would be no to pony ware lol
I have a cat who I love to dress up so a jumper would work for him:) He however does not really like cat treats and prefers peas lol
Would you be okay with all or most of your ornaments being from the same "like"? For example, say you like a certain movie, tv show, animal, design, etc. would you be okay with your box being themed around that?
Sure that we be rather cool xx
Dear partner, if I find an ornament close to what you like, but is simple, would you like me to decorate/paint it so that it more closely matches your tastes? -  I am crafty and good with painting details.    ^.^
Sure that would be awesome x
sure thing,im sure whatever my partner buys for me will be perfect x
hobbies
I make custom ponies I love to read books and comics plus I cross stitch x
About the pickle:  Would you like a pickle as an extra?  I mean an ornament pickle, not a real one.
Yes sure :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:45:56 PM by wiccanpony1 »

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 05:58:57 AM »
Oh man! I may have to join this swap! This sounds like a lot of fun! I somewhat meet the 4 requirements. I am currently participating in one swap, but I believe I meet all the other requirements! I'll have to think about it! I love ornaments! :heart: I'm glad my fiance's dog is past the eating glass ornaments stage. >>
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 06:05:37 AM »
I'm in! 

My favorite color is orange, but I love all Christmas color combinations.  So any and all red green white gold silver combinations. Ivory and gold too. Copper. Plum.  I like pink and gold or pink and orange together

No religious ornaments, please. 

3. What Themes do you like:  I'm really into different icicles this year and other glass ornaments that hang like an icicle. I'd love a box with at least one or two different kinds of icicles and/or icicle like ornaments.

I also like bells, mushrooms, berries, holly, snowflakes, acorns, vintage, dala horses.  Old fashioned glass ornaments.  Laser cut wood.  Filigree. Glass hearts. Frosted hearts. Anything Embroidered.  Handmade ornaments. Felt ornaments. Felted ornaments.  "Hand" painted glass ornaments.  Clip on ornaments such as mushrooms, flowers, and birds.  Mushrooms are a favorite.  I like turkeys!

I do not like cartoony things or media themes/movies/characters/tv.  Nothing too big or with big fluffy feathers.

Partner, hi!  I see you!

I like anything spice, cinnamon, hot cocoa, plum, hazelnut, chocolate, and gummy grapefruits.  I love gummy grapefruits! Red Hots.  No peppermint please. 

Whatever you want to do! 

Yes!  I love them!

Partner, do you see fish when you dream?

I collect herkimer diamonds and other rocks and crystals. I collect stickers.  I wouldn't mind them as extras. I also love ATCs if you are artistic. 

I don't think so? 

Garland as an ornament? I don't think I would prefer a garland.  I do use them sometimes, but I haven't even been tempted to buy anything new in the last 10 years so that probably means I don't care about garlands that much. 

How big is your tree? I have a normal full sized tree.  It isn't huge, so no super heavy or giant ornaments, but most normal ornaments will fit on it fine.

Hi partner!  How are you now?  okay?  Hello!  Hi!

yes to homemade pony ornaments especially of my Marigold pony (ref in sig).  I don't want any store pony ornaments.  I haven't found any I like. 

Ornaments!   But cocoa is very welcome. 

Coffee, Tea or Cocoa? Do you have a preference? Favorite flavors? For Coffee - ground or whole bean? For Tea - bags or loose leaf?.

Cocoa: white chocolate, French vanilla, pumpkin, gingerbread, eggnog.
Coffee:  same flavors as above
Tea:  chai tea only.

Hiya hiya hiya partner. This is my message to you!  Hiya!

I like them a lot!

Disney ornament?
No thank you.  But I do like non-Disney Rapunzel ornaments. 

Incense? . No, please no.  Incense gives me major migraines. Even when I like the smell it will make me ill within 10 minutes.

I'm going to steal some of Maddie's words:

Most smells, oil perfume stuff, body spray and lotions with a scent make me sick.  I get bad headaches from them.  I can handle some candle scents such as spice, cinnamon, pumpkin, and other fall scents, but that's the only scented thing I like and I don't use them often. No bath products or makeup please because I'm super sensitive to them and can only use certain kinds. Others give me hives.

Who is your favorite pony?. Rapunzel, Starshine, Sugarberry, Windy.   If you are crafty or draw I always love things of my OC Marigold (link in sig).   

Hi partner, have you seen any moths around?

I'm still juggling around with ideas and won't be making any promises, lol, but: Let's say, I wanted to include something MLP-related as an extra ... could you list a handful of accessories that you wouldn't mind receiving?  princess wands, but otherwise I don't want any pony things. 

I've got another one: Which Christmas-related extras would you like to receive? (Snowglobes, crafts supplies, cards ...whatever comes to your mind!). Stickers.  I can't think!  Maybe I will add more later. 

Yes, I'd love these as ornaments:  nudibranchs, realistic snails, sturgeon, moths, nautilus, cuttlefish.
Nothing cutesy or silly please.

TURKEYS!!!  I forgot to add turkeys.  I really like them.

That is okay.

Do you collect MH? Nope.

Do you have kids? No kids.

Do you have pets?  Would you like little treats or things for your pets? What do they like?   I have a cat.  He loves treats and he really loves catnip toys. 

Would you like any baked good? What type of stuff do you like?   Sure!  I love gingersnaps, gingerbread, cinnamon cookies, and basic sugarcookies.  I like fall spice flavor baked goods.

Would you have any interest in a pony rehair as an extra? No thank you.

Partner, would you be okay with all or most of your ornaments being from the same "like"? For example, say you like a certain movie, tv show, animal, design, etc. would you be okay with your box being themed around that?  That is okay, although I really would love a variety of things.  I don't want anything movie or TV related, but if everything was icicles and mushrooms or something like that I would love it.

I have a question for the group:  What are your hobbies? 
Singing, belly dancing, painting/drawing, collecting stuff.

Yes! 

That is okay.

Very much yes.

If they are vintage or very very nice, sure! 

Um...see post http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,342536.msg1006514.html#msg1006514

Dear Partner, how is your day going?  Full of tiny shrimp?

No I haven't but I would try anything.  I also LOVE fruitcake!!!!   Although my diet says no.  Bad!

Dear partner, if I find an ornament close to what you like, but is simple, would you like me to decorate/paint it so that it more closely matches your tastes? -  I am crafty and good with painting details.  Yes please, paint away!  I love this idea in fact.

I guess the ornament, but do what you want.  :)

Hi Partner, did you know that when it snows for the first time I usually have to run out into the snow?  Barefoot.

I don't wear earrings often. 

For those who are gluten free, can you post some favorite treats and goodies that fall into that category?   I'm not gluten free.

He's not my favorite.  I don't dislike him but I don't collect stuff with him on it.

Not really wanting any socks. 

Hello there partner, I am a cowgirl.  (not really).

I like turkeys a lot.  Turkeys!!!!!!!!

I'll keep this list updated with new questions!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 02:24:20 AM by Marigold »

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 06:21:32 AM »
Ahhh yay! I've been waiting for this swap.

I love purple (all shades), green (all shades, but particularly pastel greens), buttercup yellow. I also love metallics--silver, gold, metallic sheen to regular colors etc. For Christmas, I adore the traditional Christmas colours too and like having them on my tree.

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments?:
I'm not religious so I would like to avoid those.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?
I love reindeer! And deer in general. Vintage, carousels, Santa, animals--especially woodland critters like bears, owls, chipmunks etc. Homemade looking ornaments, especially from local craftspeople, are always awesome. I also really, reallylove novelty ornaments from stuff I enjoy.

I like hard candies, anything lemon flavoured. Chocolate is okay, I prefer if it has cookies in it (like kitkat bars). I do not like white chocolate or anything with nuts or coconut.

That's up to my partner!

Sure! I love glass ornaments.

Ponies of course, pokemon, anime stuff (mostly Evangelion), tokidoki unicornos. I'd love to see these reflected in the ornaments if you can find anything, and of course extras too. Some other things I like but don't collect are old Hanna Barbera or Looney Tunes cartoons (especially any of the cats--Top Cat, Sylvester, Tom), Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (the stop motion Christmas special), Stitch from Lilo & Stitch, The Lion King, Oliver & Company, Disney in general, and Monster High, in case you need ornament ideas!

Not that I know of? I guess for candy, no Kinder Surprise eggs or anything similar since they're (sadly) illegal here in the US. That's the only thing I can think of that would make customs go crazy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extra questions:
Would a made Garland count as ornaments too?
I'm not big on garland, so no thanks!

I would just like to know: What size is the tree that everyone has?
Oh gee, I'm actually not sure yet. I'm planning to buy a little tree for my room. Don't worry though. I don't have any ornaments for it yet, so it won't fill up.

I would love a pony ornament! I have seen some really cute G4 ones too, so yes!

I'll leave that one up to my partner. :)

Coffee, Tea or Cocoa? Do you have a preference? Favorite flavors? For Coffee - ground or whole bean? For Tea - bags or loose leaf?
No thanks on coffee or cocoa, I don't like either. I'm a big big tea drinker though. I will take bags or loose leaf. No preference.

I love them!

I love love Disney! A Disney ornament would be great.

Incense?  Yes or no? What sorts of scents do you like?
I love incense. My favourite scents are patchouli and "spicy" smells like cinnamon.

G4 Rarity, G1 Ice Crystal, G1 Sparkler, and G3 Marshmellow Coco. Also love G4 Fluttershy, all G1 boys, Applejack (all gens), and G3 Minty.

I have a wants list linked in my signature. I have to update it a bit, but anything from there would be fantastic. :) I love pony-related anything though so even if it's something I already own, I will love it all the same.

I bead, so if you find any holiday beads or charms, that would be cool! I also like cards, small vintage decorations, reindeer, and snowglobes.

I love any and all animals! But if I had to narrow it down... dogs, bats, bears, deer, cats, sheep, goats, owls, lemurs, crocodiles + alligators, rabbits, foxes... this list is going to get long. I adore animals, so any critter you throw in will be adored.

Go for it! I don't care if it's used or old, so long as it's not broken.

No spiders for me please. I'm a big baby when it comes to them haha.

Nope.

I kind of collect MH. I'm just trying to collect ones I'm really fond of so not to start another massive collection. I have a few on my wishlist (linked in my sig), but I'm not sure how pricey they are.

I love handmade clothing and would love love love clothes for my dolls or ponies! Especially my ponies.

I have one cat who currently does not live with me but probably will by the time shipping for this swap rolls around. She does not like sweaters. :P But she loves treats. She has a sensitive stomach so nothing too rich, please. If they make treats that help with hairballs that would be awesome. Do they make anything like that? They totally should. She hates that hairball medicine (who wouldn't?).

Cookies. :9 And sweet breads if they will keep.

I don't own any rehairs but I'd love to see some in my collection! A Rarity rehair would be cheapest I think. I really like the rehairs/prototypes I've seen of her with Majesty-esque blue hair, but any color would do. Just having one in my collection would be cool, I think.

would you be okay with all or most of your ornaments being from the same "like"? For example, say you like a certain movie, tv show, animal, design, etc. would you be okay with your box being themed around that?
Absolutely! I have already listed all my media interests above. :)

About the pickle:  Would you like a pickle as an extra?  I mean an ornament pickle, not a real one.
Haha yes! That tradition sounds really cute.

What are your hobbies?  Be it one or many, perhaps a gift could help you out with your passion!  (I guess this would go along with the theme aspect, but it doesn't have to.)  Such hobby related presents I'm talking about are  seeds for those who garden, scrapbooking supplies for those who scrapbook, baking stuff for those who bake, etc.
I bead, so beading materials are always appreciated. :) I also write, but I'm not sure what you can supply to help with that beyond maybe a notebook and pen/cil?

Absolutely!

Whatever my partner thinks is best.

Sure!

I'm cool with ornaments of any material.

This Rarity ornament. I haven't been able to find her anywhere.

Of course! That would make it very special, I think.

Either or, honestly. It's up to my partner.

I have no piercings at all, and also no metal sensitivities that I know of.

Not gluten-free (but I should be since I have an intolerance... I just can't do it haha).

Do you like Santa Claus?
Santa's rad! He's the only human person I like putting on my tree usually. I tend to favour animals and cartoon characters.

Sure! I love warm socks. I'm a medium in socks.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 01:01:18 PM by Ice Crystal »

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal