collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Re: ~
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2013, 11:49:41 AM »
Glad to see you're sorting it out, and good luck with everything!  :hug:  I remember how stressful it was trying to get into the college I wanted, and I never got to go there but I DID go to college and graduate from a good university!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2013, 02:09:22 PM »
Icey, they are still good grades. Of course there is university in your future!  Talk to your personal tutor.
what university do you have your eye on? Get your personal tutor to write a supporting letter to the university directly, when you submit your UCAS application,  explaining your illness and the fact that the illness may have had an effect on your grades.  Or perhaps they might write that in your reference.

x

I want to go to Exeter University. It's one of the top 10 in the country, so I really need to be impressive. I'm certainly not applying to Cambridge anymore, will have to think of a different uni to apply to. I don't want any more humiliation! :blush:

Just know that theres always a light at the end of the tunnel.  Things have ways of working out, youll see :)

Thank you, it's that very reason that I'm not going to give up!

Glad to see you're sorting it out, and good luck with everything!  :hug:  I remember how stressful it was trying to get into the college I wanted, and I never got to go there but I DID go to college and graduate from a good university!

Thank you Evie :hug: Well done, that's really nice to hear that despite not getting exactly what you wanted, you got something just as good, if not, even better! :heart:

GothMummy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2013, 03:35:28 PM »
I am glad you are feeling better Icey. I do remember how you must feel - even though it was a long time for me (I cried for about 2 weeks solidly when I got my Cambridge rejection letter) and  I did feel humiliated in the interview too :( But hey! Everything worked out really really well for me and I am SURE it will for you as well.

You have great choice in the UK and, importantly, these days all universities are very focused on Student Satisfaction :) So they will be working really hard to make sure your experience is a good one.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2013, 03:38:12 PM »
Best of luck to you! :o)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2013, 06:12:58 AM »
Wow. No-one is going to believe this:

My grade is actually considered 'good' for Biology! :dizzy:

I haven't heard one person say there Biology results were anything over an E. One friend who worked 6 hours a day over Easter got an E, another who had paid tuition got an E. I'm almightily impressed I managed to get a grade above them, despite having a grade I would normally be embarrassed by!!
I think the grade boundaries were exceptionally raised this year, I just, can't believe I'm not such a failure after all. Thank the kittens.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal