collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: Tomorrow is going to be make or break, it's nerve wrecking!
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 12:29:09 AM »
Thank you everyone!
2 hours, I feel so sick!! I'll update when I know my results. X

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 12:39:53 AM »
What the hell are A levels? Is it like the SAT exam here? I did horrible on the SAT exam because I didnt have the background in math..

New York has something called regents exams in high school and they put such emphasis on these stupid exams claiming that if you do not pass them, you will not get a regents diploma and no 4 year university will accept you. I tested this theory and its utter bullsh*t. I did not get a Regents diploma because I did not take Physics, yet EVERY university I applied to accepted me including one IN New York. I had no intention of every going to the school and only applied to shut my guidance counselor up. It was St John Fischer College in Rochester NY and not only is it a very expensive school, it is also a religious school and I wanted NO part of that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 02:23:58 AM »
Got my results. I won't be going to uni I don't think. :cry:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Re: ~
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 07:50:34 AM »
I'm sorry your results were not what you hoped.  :hug:

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 08:26:11 AM »
There are always options, but I'm sorry your results weren't what you wanted :hug:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 09:17:30 AM »
I got an A in English- amazed. Geography - B, wanted an A, Photography (as expected) - C (I'm not artistic) and worst, Bioloy (was expecting an A) - D. I'm retaking Biology whilst taking the higher level of it next year, plus one of the two geography papers to ensure an overall A. I freaked out earlier, and now I'm calm, and can see the bigger picture, I'm okay again.

Thank you Evie and Mkia! :hug: xx

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 09:24:27 AM »
Awww see! You've got it all figured out already! I'm sure there is uni in your future :). :hug:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 09:32:52 AM »
Awww see! You've got it all figured out already! I'm sure there is uni in your future :). :hug:

I hope so. As a university I'm applying to do Geography at, and requiring an A/B in another science subject, I worry they'll take one look at my biology and click decline immediately. I just have to hope I am given a chance. I got A* in both my Biology exams at GCSE, and A at both Geography GCSEs, so meh, I hope, and pray they see past this slip up. I've been very ill, and got better over my exams, so maybe they can compensate for that. Here's hoping.

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013, 09:43:58 AM »
Oh I'm sorry to hear that! :hug: I hope your Uni can indeed look past these scores and accept you.

Are you allowed to retake A-levels, or is it a one-shot deal?

:hug:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2013, 09:46:07 AM »
Oh I'm sorry to hear that! :hug: I hope your Uni can indeed look past these scores and accept you.

Are you allowed to retake A-levels, or is it a one-shot deal?

:hug:

Thankfully, I'm able to, since I am just a first year student, but I'm going to be taking 2 Biology A2 exams which are technically, double as hard as AS.... at the same time as I retake my AS. Urgh. 4 Biology exams in the same month. How the heck am I going to remember it all? Oh well, I need to retake, my grade sucked. I'm an A-grade student, so I feel humiliated having a D on my paper.

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2013, 10:22:31 AM »
:hug: Courage, Icey - I hope they can overlook your lousy scores, and even if they don't, from what I know about you I have the impression that you have the determination and the ability to work that it takes to make up for them.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2013, 10:26:25 AM »
:hug: Courage, Icey - I hope they can overlook your lousy scores, and even if they don't, from what I know about you I have the impression that you have the determination and the ability to work that it takes to make up for them.

Thank you Mul-ta, that's really sweet of you to say :blush: :hug: I have always been told I'm fiercely determined, and I really am. This has made me realise I really need to kick myself harder this year. Shamefully, I thought I had done my best this year, but clearly I haven't, so this time, I'm really going to make up for it. English & Geography grades were great, just one retake (paper 2) and I could have an A overall for Geoggers. Biology, I know I can do better than that. I'm so grateful I'm not alone, my friend also is retaking!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2013, 10:48:41 AM »
Just know that theres always a light at the end of the tunnel.  Things have ways of working out, youll see :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

GothMummy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 11:11:36 AM »
Icey, they are still good grades. Of course there is university in your future!  Talk to your personal tutor.
what university do you have your eye on? Get your personal tutor to write a supporting letter to the university directly, when you submit your UCAS application,  explaining your illness and the fact that the illness may have had an effect on your grades.  Or perhaps they might write that in your reference.

x

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 11:27:53 AM »
Thank you Mul-ta, that's really sweet of you to say :blush: :hug: I have always been told I'm fiercely determined, and I really am.

Why, those qualities will serve you well now and later in life, including university.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal