collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Awesome Article - Another Way to Help Dogs in Shelters  (Read 1233 times)

Offline zuse

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://littlestpetshop.50webs.com
Awesome Article - Another Way to Help Dogs in Shelters
« on: March 23, 2012, 12:41:00 PM »
http://gizmodo.com/5842278/how-to-save-a-dogs-life-take-better-pictures (there is also a news video/clip).

Photography | How to Save a Dog’s Life? Take Better Pictures

So many dogs are euthanized every year because they can't find a family to adopt them. It's not their fault. With some better picture taking, a few cute poses and accessories, dogs can find a new home in no time.

It's true, Dallas pet photographer Teresa Berg has taken it upon herself to "better market" homeless dogs so they can find a family to take them in. Instead of just snapping a random picture of a dog behind a chain-linked fence, in poor lighting and unflattering poses, Berg takes time with each shot, dressing them up and creating pictures of dogs you can imagine on people's mantles. Gone are red-eyed, blurry shots. In are dogs with a soul.

The results of her pictures were instant. Every dog Berg took a picture of was adopted and the entire dog shelter as a whole has seen a 100% increase in adoption rates. Berg is now starting to teach volunteers how to take better pictures of homeless dogs. It's a pretty great idea for any professional photographer who wants to give back. [Teresa Berg via CBS via The Daily What]

Strangely, this makes me think a lot of eBay. Even with inanimate objects, presentation is everything!
Is it summer yet? :-P
Hey, check out Swagbucks.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome Article - Another Way to Help Dogs in Shelters
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 01:29:35 PM »
The saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words - pets or ponies, make sure your photographs are speaking the right ones.  :satisfied:
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 02:27:13 PM »
Yes! Totally agree. Our nearest Dogs Trust's website is full of unflattering mobile phone pictures of the dogs, and I feel so sorry for the long term residents whose pictures havn't been updatedin months and months :( I understand that rescues are busy, but a good photo to start with could make all the difference.
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 04:26:05 PM »
That's why when I take in fosters I like to take my own pics for the website. It hasn't failed yet. Every foster I've taken in, with the exception of the ones I chose to make permanent residents, has gotten adopted pretty much the second they were available. If the pics are good, shows the dog's adorableness and personality he/she will quickly find the right home for him/her.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 09:04:41 AM »
It's so true :)
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 04:34:55 PM »
True and agreed with the pics for items for sale as well. Often times you can barely tell what it is in the picture and people still think its good enough to post.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 06:53:22 PM »
Very much agreed.  My local shelter takes great pics of their animals (my bestie works there) and they seem to be more successful for it.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 06:59:37 PM »
Very true! My mother works for the local animal shelter and they take a bit of time every week to take pictures of their featured dogs for the Sunday paper.

What used to be really nice is the local news would go to each county's animal shelter and have their interviewers show off some dogs or kitties. It was great because they would not stand out in front of the kennel and talk about the dog, but they would actually take them into the 'visiting rooms' and play with them. It is a shame they don't do that anymore.

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 12:07:29 PM »
our local shelter had a professional come in and take some pics (for free - she is a dog lover) and then give tips to the shelter photographer. better photos definitely helped! AND they offer to sell you hard copies of the cute photos of your pet when you adopt :)

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 04:31:30 PM »
Awww!  Im glad that something soo simple is working out^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal