collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Customizers Needed to vote in PonyFest!  (Read 197 times)

Delphinbella

• Trade Count: (0)
Customizers Needed to vote in PonyFest!
« on: August 03, 2014, 01:42:37 PM »
If this is the wrong board for this, I apologize and ask that a mod please move it to the correct one. It does have to do with custom ponies!

Many of you may remember in past years when I've asked people to vote in PonyFest - a contest I run yearly where authors get to design a pony based on their book for a chance to have a custom made of that pony. Last year I ran into a problem with two of the contestants having more friends than the others, which left all of the other designs without a chance to win (we're talking by a thousand votes - it was ridiculous). This year, in an effort to keep the contest a design contest and not a popularity contest, I'm asking customizers to vote for which design Kalavista will make into a custom pony. We'll also have the regular everyone-votes part of the contest, but that winner will only receive books (unless a different customizer would like to donate a pony).

If you're a customizer and would like to help vote in PonyFest14, please PM me. I'd like to get a nice, big pool of customizers to vote, because I always have a ton of entries for PonyFest, and it gets bigger every year. The only person who will see your vote is me (and you are welcome to vote again in the public vote), and I would never share anyone's email address. I'm just trying to give everyone a fair chance at winning the custom based on their design this year.

Voting begins October 4th and you would have until the 11th to decide. I would ask that every customizer who is voting visits the post of each design (each author writes a blog post explaining what their design means as far as their book goes), but it isn't necessary - you can view all of the designs in one place on my blog and make your decision from that if you don't have time to visit all the individual posts.

And if you happen to have a book published - I'll buy a copy to add to the winner's prize pack :) Thanks everyone!

Edit CSA 8/3/14 No public email address displays please, thanks!

Post Merge: August 04, 2014, 11:19:28 AM

Opps, sorry about that. Definitely PM me if you're interested in helping :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:19:28 AM by Delphinbella »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal