collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rescue at Midnight Castle Question  (Read 1334 times)

Offline shimmer73083

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Rescue at Midnight Castle Question
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2013, 07:09:17 AM »
Thats soo cool. I would love to pick the brains of the animators and voice actors from G1. Would make an awesome panel!

:good:

Moondancer Jaye

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2013, 04:39:08 PM »
Hello pony fans,

Sorry for the lateness of this post/reply. I just got registered on the site and I'm getting familiar with it.

I as well was fascinated by who the mystery rainbow pony was in the pilot episode. I like all your answers: possibly a prototype for the Confetti pony, a pony resembling the First Born ceramic figure, etc.

Lately I discovered a baby pony named Baby Sun Ribbon !! She is almost if not the exact replica of the mystery rainbow pony from "Rescue at Midnight Castle", but in baby form! Same colors and same SYMBOL or cutie mark. Perhaps the mystery pony was a prototype or an ancestor for Baby Sun Ribbon.

So, with that in mind, perhaps the official name of the mystery rainbow pony from the pilot episode is Sun Ribbon ?  ;)

Have a good week!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 05:19:50 PM by Moondancer Jaye »

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2013, 05:13:13 PM »
Baby Sunribbon is actually a light green, though it doesn't show well in that pic, so I wouldn't say she'd be a good match for the unnamed pony in this film.  She was also made a lot later than Rescue at Midnight Castle. 

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Baby_Sunribbon
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2013, 05:20:57 PM »
I really think she would make a lovely custom pony, though I do love mystery ponies.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2013, 05:51:57 PM »
As a kid I thought it was Peachy, with the wrong colors.  :blink:
Later I figured she was an extra character, that was meant for another show/movie. And tossed into that scene. To act, as someone mentioned. A buffer for the other coat colors. Plus Peach's coat color animated, would have looked close to human skin tone.

That would have made for an odd coloring.

Thanks for the behind the scenes info.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 07:17:07 AM »
It's a shame she was never released I like her. To be truthful I don't think I noticed her when watching the Midnight Castle pilot, I was mostly watching it for Firefly lol
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Moondancer Jaye

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2013, 12:16:40 PM »
To the fellow pony fan who answered me concerning Sun Ribbon's color: you're right, she is more of a light green. The one I have is white-ish, possibly a variation of the more common light green one. Still, she does have the same symbol/cutie mark as the mystery rainbow pony from the pilot episode. But I as well do like a MYSTERY pony here and there, so I'm happy to keep her mysterious  ;)

« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 05:24:44 PM by Moondancer Jaye »

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2013, 04:24:02 PM »
It makes you just want to make your own version, doesn't it? She's pretty. :D
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2013, 05:57:06 PM »
oh come on, she is the original Rainbowdash lol  :cool:
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2013, 06:22:19 PM »

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2013, 08:53:04 PM »
The Mystery Pony is the mystery that never dies!  My vote is that the special was being made when Hasbro had the Rainbow Ponies on the drawing board.  I think they just threw in a random rainbow pony as kind of a stand-in to get children excited about rainbow-haired ponies.  I *do* suspect that originally Peachy was supposed to fill this slot (thus the presence of Twinkles) and at the last minute they switched.  That would make sense.  Also, as someone else pointed out, Peachy may have interfered with Megan shots.

It's possible that Blossom and/or Seashell weren't considered for this slot b/c the producers wanted to make Ember stand out as the purple one. 

Whatever happened, we can be pretty sure the decision was quite deliberate.  Compared to the movie and TV shows, the Rescue special suggests a lot of careful planning/execution.  Hasbro/Sunbow really put a lot of time and effort into this 23 minutes! :)
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Tirac

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2013, 06:12:55 PM »
Thats soo cool. I would love to pick the brains of the animators and voice actors from G1. Would make an awesome panel!

:good:
If that ever should happen I hope they wouldn't mind someone giving them a very detailed interview. ^^ I've written one out if the chance ever arises.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2013, 06:31:46 PM »
I call her Sprinkles, i have no idea why... :P The name has stuck since childhood. I associate her now with Confetti, which is funny because Confetti's symbol looks like it could be sprinkles.

Moondancer Jaye

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2013, 11:26:08 PM »
For StarDragon: I (as well) have always associated her with Confetti for some reason. That's why I purchased Confetti at some point...Confetti and Baby Sun Ribbon reminded me so much of the mystery rainbow pony.

For ValeofSpring: I think you were on-the-dot with many of your ideas! Very interesting info you posted there! I agree that Rescue at Midnight Castle was very much carefully planned out...a pilot episode has to attract fans to the franchise! I think many of it was carefully measured. Rescue at Midnight Castle will always be/stay my favorite episode of the MLP franchise, especially for the animation which I find a cut above the rest of the 1980s episodes to follow. Too bad that we never ever saw again any of the Rescue at Midnight Castle ponies/characters in other episodes (besides Megan and Spike of course).

Offline shimmer73083

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2013, 04:56:07 AM »
Anyone know the reason why we dont see these ponies in other episodes/same animation style?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal