collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dollyhair slowdown?  (Read 6724 times)

princeichi

• Trade Count: (0)
Dollyhair slowdown?
« on: August 17, 2012, 01:12:14 PM »
I know the website currently says there will be a delay in shipping of upwards to 2 weeks now due to short handedness, but has anyone else gotten hair yet they ordered this month? I hope I'm not the only one neurotically checking my e-mail 3 or 4 times a day now.

I'm leaving for college soon and worried I won't get my hair shipment on time. :( I ordered on the 7th or the 8th. Figures as this is my first time ordering too LOL.

Do slow downs like this happen often?

Not sure if this is the correct board, I couldn't pick between trader support or customs. Please move this if I'm incorrect.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 01:13:51 PM by princeichi »

Offline pop-girl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/mlppopgirl/pop-customs
Re: Dollyhair slowdown?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 02:06:14 PM »
I know everyone has different experiences but honestly, I've never had an issue. I haven't ordered recently but I placed an order the last week of June and had my hair within a week. :huh:

You could try emailing Tina and asking for an ETA. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Love & Miss My Pony Peeps!  :lovey:

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 02:07:52 PM »
With the new stock coming in, they might be a little slow.

I hope it arrives soon!

princeichi

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 02:14:10 PM »
I know everyone has different experiences but honestly, I've never had an issue. I haven't ordered recently but I placed an order the last week of June and had my hair within a week. :huh:

You could try emailing Tina and asking for an ETA. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Okay, I'll try that! Thank you. c:

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 01:45:12 AM »
my last 2 orders , and a firend of mine , who im not sure if she is on this froum,  has ordred as well,

the orderes have been taken 3 weeks longer to arive than  previous orders,
also  we have both had  fairly  inconsistant  items in both our orders.

im not complainig as im aware that this can happen from time to time ,  but ive noticed , uneven cuts, uneven portions *some hanks have had way less then others*  and  epic staic fizzing  right from the bags.

all my past orders have been fine, the last 2  have had a few issues. but  not anything that would put me off from  ordering from her again.   

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 09:33:23 AM »
The static thing is normal for a few colours unfortunately, it's like you're attacked by the hair!  :huh:

I've never had a problem before (from US to UK), but the message says that it's due to holidays. So either a) everybody is on holiday and nobody is posting out for two weeks or b) more likely, somebody is there and posting orders but might struggle to do everything just as quick on their own, so delays are possible.

The only thing you could do really is email.

lisey_baby

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 12:35:07 PM »
I'm going to get an email over to Tina this evening and find out what's going on. I've needed to email her for about a week, but MLC, RL and Ruby have got in the way. I'll see what answers I can get

princeichi

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 02:25:49 PM »
I'm going to get an email over to Tina this evening and find out what's going on. I've needed to email her for about a week, but MLC, RL and Ruby have got in the way. I'll see what answers I can get
Oh wonderful! I haven't had a chance to send off an e-mail either. I can't wait to hear what info you get. : D

lisey_baby

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 02:39:54 PM »
Oh wonderful! I haven't had a chance to send off an e-mail either. I can't wait to hear what info you get. : D

I'll let you know as soon as I do :hug:

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 03:51:28 PM »
Hehe.. I think all of the hair is always a bit static when it comes out of the bag.. I think its amusing. I pull it out slowly and watch the strands flare out like tentacles trying to kill me. I just spritz it down and it deflates. Sometimes the weather can affect static too.

lisey_baby

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 04:17:55 PM »
Hehe.. I think all of the hair is always a bit static when it comes out of the bag.. I think its amusing. I pull it out slowly and watch the strands flare out like tentacles trying to kill me. I just spritz it down and it deflates. Sometimes the weather can affect static too.

Oooo I never thought about the weather affecting the static, I suppose when it's particularly humid or stormy it can make it worse. I've been attacked by countless hanks of hair, maybe I'm just a super charged person lol

keikokukien

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 05:25:40 PM »
Oooo I never thought about the weather affecting the static, I suppose when it's particularly humid or stormy it can make it worse. I've been attacked by countless hanks of hair, maybe I'm just a super charged person lol
It's that awesome positive attitude! Heh ^_^

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 05:30:27 AM »
yeah i noticed some colours are more static than others ,
i wounder why that is?

oh well.

i do hope every is ok for her. 

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lady-moondancer.livejournal.com/
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 05:40:06 AM »
As far as some hanks seeming to not have as much hair, a factor may be texture. Whenever I order Golden Goddess it looks like it has less hair in it than say, Heart Throb.  But It's also shinier, and has a more oily texture, till you shampoo it.  So I think the ones that her site notes as having more oil than others, may seem to hold less then they actually do because of the oil effecting the "fluffyness" of the texture of the individual strands.  just a theory anyway.

If you have a kitchen scale, you could weigh the hanks of hair and if one is less, you can send her an e-mail marked "urgent".  I'm sure she'll make it right.  She's always been really good about addressing the random order issue with me, anyway.
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Reiya! Thanks to SDS!
Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

lisey_baby

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 04:24:41 PM »
As far as some hanks seeming to not have as much hair, a factor may be texture. Whenever I order Golden Goddess it looks like it has less hair in it than say, Heart Throb.  But It's also shinier, and has a more oily texture, till you shampoo it.  So I think the ones that her site notes as having more oil than others, may seem to hold less then they actually do because of the oil effecting the "fluffyness" of the texture of the individual strands.  just a theory anyway.

If you have a kitchen scale, you could weigh the hanks of hair and if one is less, you can send her an e-mail marked "urgent".  I'm sure she'll make it right.  She's always been really good about addressing the random order issue with me, anyway.

Agreed on the oily part of things, some hanks can be underweight though, I think it's to do with the nature of her spinning machine. I don't think I've had any come in that are under though, so hopefully it's a one off if it's underweight. Let her know if it's badly under, 1 or 2 grams may not be worth it. I've always found Tina's hanks to very generous especially her Saran which have more hair in them than other suppliers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal