collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Crystal Creatures anyone?  (Read 21180 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Crystal Creatures anyone?
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2020, 10:03:14 PM »
Thank you for the info! I'll keep a look out on ebay but I might cave and buy on Amazon. At least there I'll get free shipping if I order a couple of them. I would just hate getting one I don't want and spending the $10 for nothing... That's a bit annoying.

Speaking of getting ones you don't want... Does anyone have any extras they want to trade? When I bought the entire box of Series 1, I got four extras and I've been meaning to sell them on ebay but I haven't gotten around to listing them yet.

There's a series 3!? Oh man we haven't talked about series 3 in this thread, yet! I gotta go do a google search!

Post Merge: August 15, 2020, 10:17:38 PM

Edit: Wow I just checked ebay and NO ONE has series 2 for sale! There's 3 pages of Series 1 for sale, and one person selling a couple Series 3. I think COVID probably happened just as Series 2 was being released and it probably hurt their distribution really bad. :(

I think Series 2 might be rare in the future because of the COVID distribution, so I might cave and buy a box from Amazon. >_>

(Rare doesn't mean they will be worth a lot of money in the future, though. Toy collecting is such a guessing game about what will or won't be worth anything... I own a bunch of toys that aren't in production anymore and they aren't worth much because they aren't in demand.)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 10:17:38 PM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2020, 04:52:55 PM »
So apparently UK have Breakout Beasts... But not Crystal Creatures :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2020, 05:19:01 PM »
I can't imagine why they're so hard to find! If you're going to put out a product, you would think you want it to make you money... That's hard if they're only available online and only in the US.

I caved in and ordered 9 of the Series 2's from Amazon. I know I get a random assortment, so I doubt I'm going to get one of each of the characters, but we'll see.

(I might have a bunch up for sale in the next few weeks, after they get here LOL.)

As for Series 3... there's a person selling all 7 on ebay for $120 which isn't bad I guess... it comes down to about $17 each with free shipping. I dunno, I don't like paying almost double retail price, but the seller guarantees you get all 7 characters with no duplicates, so that's nice.

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2020, 01:06:22 PM »
Your very welcome Dragonflitter! I hope you get the ones you want! I’m missing one from season two.

And my series three got here last week so we did a couple!!! Missing one from series three as well.

So sorry to hear that Sora. That’s so weird. I know other countries in Europe have them, I wonder why the U.K. doesn’t?

Also noticed that some of them change over time. I thought I was losing my mind, there’s been so much going on in my personal life and not sleeping well that I thought I just wasn’t remembering right. Frostwhite was one of the last series ones we needed, and just recently got her. Her wings were pale slightly opaque blue, now they are completely translucent. Thought I was just losing it, but then noticed it on our Blazebursts series four breakout beasts. And our Blushwings from series three crystal creatures. Most noticeable is Blushwing she started out as the milky opaque pink and now my sons is completely translucent. I took pictures after I did mine so you can see the difference from right out of package and a couple days after being assembled. Also have some more pictures of series two I’ve done :)

Series three

Mine after three days, almost just like my sons now

Love this one!

Breakout beasts series four

More crystal creatures series two

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2020, 10:55:19 PM »
Omg guys I saw this on Reddit and I laughed so hard!!

We're not the only ones frustrated with the distribution, eh?  ;)

I'm still waiting for my Series 2 order to arrive from Amazon. I'm anxious to see which ones I get! Hope I don't get many repeats.

PrincessTiffy, it's very interesting that some of the plastic pieces you got that are supposed to be translucent, is solid and cloudy instead, later changing to be the translucent like in the advertisements. I wonder if this is caused by temperature, maybe? If they were stored in a cold place while being mailed to you, maybe they went cloudy and maybe they warmed up once they got to your house and so turned translucent?

Oh, I just went back and read the previous pages and noticed sd_dreamcrystal said this before:

I noticed mine out of the slime had it's mane/tail/forelock in an opaque color but after a few days those pieces are partly now transparent. Are those pieces for her supposed to be like that and were they only opaque due to the slime?

Maybe it's being wet or in the slime that makes the plastic cloudy, and drying out makes them translucent again!

Oh yeah, and the full set of Series 3 that was for sale on ebay is now gone. Not sure if someone on here got them, if so, congrats! :D

I managed to get my own good deal on ebay. I found the Walmart Exclusive 3-pack for a very nice price!

This pack comes with two of the Series 1 C.C.'s (which I already own so I wouldn't have bought this if I didn't get such a good deal) and one exclusive C.C. that only comes with this set. It's a really pretty rainbow-maned winged unicorn!

I really like her colors, she reminds me of Rainbow Dash! If Hasbro had kept Rainbow Dash as an elegant character when evolving from G3 to G4, instead of turning her into a tomboy, they might have done a design like this! But I don't like the little jewels on her wings instead of the claws. I moved those yellow jewels to the armor of some of my other C.C.'s after this photo shoot LOL.

You can't tell in the photos but she's not just solid white, she has a sort of pink shiny sheen to her white plastic. Kinda reminds me of Celestia in FiM, white coat with that pale pink outline.

Also you can see her wings are solid white plastic, but in the advertisement image her wings are translucent, so I wonder if her wings will clear up in a few days? Time will tell!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2020, 07:06:06 PM »
Well this is disappointing. I ordered nine of the Series 2 eggs from Amazon and today my package arrived... and all nine of them are Series 3.  :cloud:

I assume Amazon ran out of Series 2 and just sent what stock they had, which is Series 3. I'm sad because probably they're not going to get any more stock of Series 2, since the company has moved on to the next series. Sigh. I wish I had ordered earlier...  :cry:

At least Amazon takes returns. I'm going to check the codes on the eggs and keep the Series 3 CC's that I want, then send the rest back.

Does anyone know where to buy Series 2? There aren't any on ebay, unfortunately.

Post Merge: September 03, 2020, 08:14:21 AM

Okay I checked my codes and I have extras of Blushwing (the pink wyvern with dragon head) and Fluttertis (the blue wyvern with cat head) if anyone needs them. Otherwise I'm going to send them back to Amazon.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 08:14:21 AM by Dragonflitter »

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2020, 06:26:44 PM »
I’m so sorry you didn’t get what you want. That’s good that you got all of series three though. Since they only have 7 characters but still kept the 9 eggs per box There’s two Blushwings and two Flutteris in each box.

There is someone selling a series two Fairya and someone just listed the series two tan antelope. The person who has the Fairya also had the one I was missing and after watching it for a couple days I got sent an offer for $20 and took it since it was the last one I needed. ToyWiz has series two but their more expensive.

I don’t  remember the rainbow maned ones name, but she’s one of my favorites. Her wings will get more translucent :)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2020, 07:08:20 PM »
Nah they sent me a random assortment, I didn't get all 7 characters. But I was expecting that. I managed to get them all except the black unicorn and the brown unicorn! That's pretty cool.

I'll keep an eye out on ebay, hopefully some more will pop up. I don't want to pay $30 for them, even if it turns out to be a rare series lol!

Oh yes, Rainbelle's wings are almost completely translucent now. Hmm I wonder if we put them back in the slime for a while, will the plastic cloud up again for Rainbelle and Blushwing and Flutteris? I kinda like them better milky rather than translucent lol.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2020, 10:20:27 AM »
If anyone is looking for a full list of the codes, he's what I've been able to create. There's only two that I'm not sure which code is which.

CRYSTAL CREATURES

SERIES 1

02TC - Frostwhite - pale winged deer
03TC - Aquagem - green unicorn
04TC - Nightsky - black unicorn
05TC - Rubywing - yellow/red kirin
06TC - Rosestone - brown deer

09TC - Rainbelle - white unicorn (Walmart 3-pack exclusive)

SERIES 2

89TC - Honeyglow - brown lion
90TC - Wilde - black panther
91TC - Tealdrop - white lion
92TC - Fairya - green dragon
93TC - Polarpearl - white dragon
94TC - Everdream - lavender deer
95TC - Roseblush - white unicorn
96TC - Soarara - blue unicorn
97TC - Antenila - brown antelope/deer

SERIES 3

49TC - Blushwing - pink wyvern
50TC - Flutteris - blue wyvern-lion
51TC - Florette - purple lion
52TC - Venusky - green deer
53TC - Cocoalux - brown unicorn
54TC - Nightbeam - black unicorn
55TC - Snowpeach - white deer
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 09:56:08 AM by Dragonflitter »

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2020, 02:50:06 AM »
Thanks for the full Crystal Creatures codes, Dragonflitter! I managed to get Rubywing and Rosestone today (yup, we're still with Series 1 here, might as well get all the ones I want in the meantime).

And here's some questions for everyone just to spark up some conversation: do you prefer Crystal Creatures or Breakout Beasts? Which one is your favourite? Are you inclined to certain colours or animals?

I'm particularly inclined to the horse-like beasts/figures, for obvious reasons  :satisfied: But for some reason, I like the more recent dinosaurs/wyverns than the dragons in both series. I feel the dragons are too... samey?

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2020, 08:13:27 AM »
Whoo! I'm glad I have someone to converse with about these guys! I'm still very into them.

There's a person selling the series 2 CC's on Amazon and they use the code to tell you which one you get. But they're charging $30 each... which is pretty steep. I only needed two more to complete my series 2 set, so I caved in and bought them lol.

I definitely prefer CC's to BB's, but I do admire the BB's. I like the face sculpts of the CC's because they look like real animals, while BB's look more like screaming monsters lol. But they're still pretty cool.

The other thing I like about CC's, for the most part they are real creatures, deer or unicorn or dragon, or kirin or lion wyvern. The BB's are more like frakenstein monsters, there's lots of different parts (werewolf, dragon, etc.) that get combined in different ways.

The only exception for the CC's is that one creature in series 3 that looks like a wyvern with a dragon body but they gave it a lion head... That is the only CC I don't like lol. It just makes no sense and it looks weird. However, I do really like how they invented the different joints in those wyvern wings so you can pose them at different angles. The articulation of these little toys is really good!

My favorites are the unicorns but I really love some of the faces of the deer. When they get the right color combination with markings, the animal looks very wise.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2020, 01:01:21 PM »
So, the UK appear to have some of these in stock on Amazon!

....Bad news is, they only stock Breakout Beasts (waves 2 & 3). No Crystal Creatures at all, unless you pay high imported prices (£24 for one). I might buy a couple of season 3, since they're the cheapest at £6.80. Looks like they're sellers too, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're excess stock from the US (which happens often).

I have found out that France sell Crystal Creatures - Picwictoys have them in stock, but don't list a wave, so I'm guessing it's the first? Maybe when things return to normal, I can try visiting their Calais branch the next time I'm over there.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2020, 03:26:47 AM »
These are beautiful and I now need them.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2020, 10:01:14 AM »
That is a bummer, Sora. :( I don't know why C.C.'s are so hard to find distribution for. I've been forced to buy from ebay and second-hand sellers on Amazon.

These are beautiful and I now need them.

Yesssss we have corrupted another!  :devious:

Let me know if you're interested in owning any, Zelda. I have been selling my extras on ebay but I still have a bunch left and I would be happy to sell them at cost + shipping. :)

So I have an interesting story! I got one of the C.C.'s, the green deer Venusky, but when I opened the package and took her out of the slime, I found her face had a big paint blemish on it. :( I was really bummed. It couldn't be the body or legs, no, had to be the face that got messed up. Sigh.

So I wrote to Mega Blocks customer service and they forwarded me over to Mattel customer service. It took a bit of explaining because I don't think they know much about their own CC line lol. But finally they sent me a free C.C. to apologize for the messed up paint job!

Unfortunately it was just a random egg, they didn't have the ability to send me a specific character from an assortment item, such as C.C.s and B.B.s. But it was still nice of them to give me a free one, regardless.

Random: I still desire a way to return the clear plastic to the milky form it has when you first take it out of the egg. I've tried putting some of the clear pieces in the freezer, thinking maybe the cold would do it, but nope. My next idea is to bury one of the clear pieces into the slime I saved from one egg. Maybe the slime will return it to its cloudy state. XD Experiments! This toy is fun!

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2020, 05:19:38 PM »
The seeming non-existence of Wave 2 is killing me. ;_; Wave 2 had the most characters, so of course it ends up being impossible to find any of them at all. :P
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal