collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which pony did you finally get  (Read 1493 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Which pony did you finally get
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2021, 11:41:45 AM »
I was finally able to purchase a Twinkle-Eyed pony I had my eyes on, Galaxy!! She is currently in the mail and on her way to me. <3

Before Galaxy, I was finally able to get an OG Applejack for a price that wasn't outrageous. She still needs some fixing up but she is one of my faves in my collection rn.

Post Merge: September 05, 2021, 12:09:57 PM

I have quite a few that I've collected this year that I hadn't been able to get for many years. They're all G3s, so I'll just list them out here;

1. Pumpkin Tart
2. 2007 Fancy Winter Edition Minty
3. Paradise Palm (dream pony since I was 7)
4. Chocolate Delight (arriving today! :heart:)
5. Alphabittle (also dream childhood pony)
6. Rainbowberry
7. Winter Snow
8. Candy Cane

(I think I'm doing this quote thing right? This is my first time on a forum like this, so please forgive me if this post comes out weird!)

I don't collect G3s (yet!) but I think they're downright adorable, and I've never heard of Pumpkin Tart before so I had to Google her and OH MY GOD!!! SHE IS THE MOST PRECIOUS THING EVER????!!!!!

Be careful.  G3s are like Pringles, once you get one, you won't stop. ;)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2021, 12:24:16 PM »
I got Cha Cha after a long time!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2021, 02:17:53 PM »
I was finally able to purchase a Twinkle-Eyed pony I had my eyes on, Galaxy!! She is currently in the mail and on her way to me. <3

Before Galaxy, I was finally able to get an OG Applejack for a price that wasn't outrageous. She still needs some fixing up but she is one of my faves in my collection rn.

Post Merge: September 05, 2021, 12:09:57 PM

I have quite a few that I've collected this year that I hadn't been able to get for many years. They're all G3s, so I'll just list them out here;

1. Pumpkin Tart
2. 2007 Fancy Winter Edition Minty
3. Paradise Palm (dream pony since I was 7)
4. Chocolate Delight (arriving today! :heart:)
5. Alphabittle (also dream childhood pony)
6. Rainbowberry
7. Winter Snow
8. Candy Cane

(I think I'm doing this quote thing right? This is my first time on a forum like this, so please forgive me if this post comes out weird!)

I don't collect G3s (yet!) but I think they're downright adorable, and I've never heard of Pumpkin Tart before so I had to Google her and OH MY GOD!!! SHE IS THE MOST PRECIOUS THING EVER????!!!!!

Be careful.  G3s are like Pringles, once you get one, you won't stop. ;)

This is so true  :devious:
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Bathtub

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2021, 09:38:34 PM »
MO Star Hopper,
Sea Flower,
Prince Blue Dream,
Nightglow (her glow in the dark forelock is a beast!).

....I'm waiting on the core 4 G2 ponies. It's like getting to be time for me to budget a bit more wisely. Enjoy what I have now and let the G5 thing happen. But I have this sudden obsession with G2s, now that their magic motion features don't bother me and I kinda like skinny ponies.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2021, 04:43:03 AM »
I had several ponies I was after for a while. 

The first two were from when I was a kid - Baby Glory and SS Wind Whistler.  They were top of my Christmas/birthday/whatever lists for years, but my mom was never able to find them in stores.  In 1997 when I discovered the pony community and then ebay, those where the first two I went for. But after all that time, I decided to go for them MOC. 

I got Wind Whistler first, sometime around 2000-2002. I ended up in a bidding war with the biggest MOC collector in the community at the time. I was one of the very few who ever managed to outbid her on a MOC, but it ended up being the record for my most expensive auction for about 15 or so years. It was one of those insane auctions that goes so high, it brings similar items out of the woodwork. A second MOC Wind Whistler, it better condition came up soon after. That MOC collector that bid me up got her for $50 a week after my record breaking auction ended:/

My husband got me MIB Baby Glory a few years ago for Christmas. If you add up all those childhood wishlists, it probably took me close to 30 years to get her.

Other long hunts include about 15 years for Greek Baby Minty, and at least 13 years for G2 Springly and Springdy(the last two G2s I needed to complete the whole line).

Offline Bathtub

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2021, 05:00:18 AM »

Other long hunts include about 15 years for Greek Baby Minty, and at least 13 years for G2 Springly and Springdy(the last two G2s I needed to complete the whole line).

ALL the G2s?? That is so cool!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2021, 06:41:59 AM »

ALL the G2s?? That is so cool!

It took me a while to get all of them, but I was fortunate in two ways.
First, I joined the pony community in 1997, and was actively collecting when the G2s first came out. It took me a while to warm up to them, but once I did, ebay was flooded with them, and I did several massive trades with people for many of the rest.  Let me tell you, it’s a heck if a lot easier to collect something that’s still in stores somewhere! The only reason it took me as long as it did to finish was that I passed up Springly and Springdy when ebay was flooded with them in favor of other things.  They were pretty boring, had recycled accessories, and for about 4 months, they were all over ebay. I figured I’d pick them up later. By the time “later” arrived, they were impossible to find. I spent over 10 years trying to track down those two as I needed them complete with all accessories or MOC. Loose ones with no accessories are a lot easier to find, but my entire collection is actually complete with everything. I think there’s only one or two of them that I didn’t get MOC. 

Second, I went to Europe in the summer of 2001. One stop was Paris(home of a TRU and several other toy stores).  I went shopping. Hard core shopping.  And it was right in the middle of peak G2 goodness, in the best city in the world for G2s.  France got every G2, and a lot of the ebay sellers at the time were from Paris, or would make monthly trips.  The desk people at the hotel started laughing at me by the time I left Paris. I’d go out in the morning, and come back with shopping bags as big as I was stuffed with ponies.  I could barely cram myself into the elevator some trips, and I got a lot of death glares on the Metro since the bags took up so much space in the crowded trains. I’d spend the evenings opening and condensing them so I could haul them all home. That one trip basically kickstarted my G2 collection.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 06:46:54 AM by goddessofpeep »

Offline PlumPonies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2021, 02:46:13 PM »
I picked up a bag of assorted ponies (G1, G3, and G4s) off facebook marketplace yesterday for cheap, and inside the bag was the tropical pony, Pina Colada. I didn't have her on my radar at all as I am working on just collecting all of my childhood ponies and I had never seen a tropical pony irl. Let me just say, she is the pony I never knew I needed and I am thrilled I got her by chance. I am absolutely in love with her bright colors, if I had known how pretty she was she would have been on my wish list long ago!

So far Hollywood was the pony I really wanted that I finally got to complete my collection of flutter ponies. SS Buttons is still eluding me from my childhood collection. Some day I'll find the perfect Buttons, so far I'm not quite ready to cough up the cash for the prices I'm seeing her at on ebay.

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2021, 06:59:02 PM »
well right now I'm chasing down Twilight G1 & Twilight Classic version... but as far as to what I finally got in my hands, I think it was twice as fancy Night Glider this past year. I had to make payments on her and for a bargain I completed my twice as fancy ponies with Buttons and Munchy for $10 each at a flea market both are in mint condition. :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal