Pony Talk > Introductions

Hi, it's me

(1/4) > >>

brantwijn:
Hello!  I am a friend of Maniah and fellow customizer.  She and I started together several years ago.  I recently picked up the paintbrush again to create a pony for a powerpoint presentation on customizing, and it seems I haven't been able to STOP painting ponies since.  My most recent projects have been themed ponies for Gargoyles, The Guild, The Easy A, and Felicia Day's new YouTube channel, hoping for signatures and just for fan appreciation.  I am also customizing ponies for my own collection based on characters from my own fiction.

Personal:

How old are you? 29

Where do you live? State, Country? I'm a California girl, born and bred.

Do you work or attend school? Profession or major?  I work full time on a 4-day, 10-hour schedule, as an administrative assistant.  I'm trying to break out as as a writer, however, in supernatural fantasy fiction and romance.

Who are the important people in your life?  Maniah is my best friend!  We live a country apart from each other but she is like my sister.  I'm also married to my high school sweetheart who loves ponies and is my BIGGEST supporter in both art and writing endeavors.

Ponies:How long have you been collecting?  As I suspect is true with most folks on these forums, I used to play with MLP back when I was a wee babe.  I started collecting/customizing again in about 2005, put it down for a few years after I got married and have recently picked it up again.  And I can't stop!!   :cry:

Which generations of ponies do you collect? G1, G2, G3 or G4?  I'm mainly a collector of G3s.

What made you want to collect ponies?  I have been drawing and painting since I was about 3, and when I discovered custom ponies online, it just made sense to try my hand at it.  And I've loved everything that has come since.

Tell us about your collection!  Right now my collection is a little light.  I used to sell most of my stuff on Ebay so all I have left lately are some pegasi I never posted, which have lately shown some spotting from the dye I used on them before I knew dye could have such problems.  I have a Xena that needs some hair plugs re-added, a cheetah-style body that needs finishing in paint and hair.  Of my more recent customs, I have a Lotus Petal themed pony based on the main romantic lead of my story, Lotus Petals, and I'm working on her counterpart.  Just finished a Demona pony, An "Easy A" pony, and am working on two Codex ponies for Felicia Day, and a pony with the logo for her new Youtube Channel.  My husband's asked for a few custom blind bag ponies as well, so those are slowly but surely getting worked on between other projects.

teresat:
Welcome.

I can't wait to see your customs!

Maniah:
Yay! My Brantwijn is here! :flash: :frolic: :frolic: :iconclap:

kittybethy:
Hello and Welcome to the Arena!

So glad to meet you!

SourdoughStomper:
Greetings and :welcome: to the Arena, brantwijn! :joy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index