collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 248415 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #1425 on: February 17, 2019, 08:49:30 PM »
Maybe these are to test the waters before making the rest of the flutters.  At least this set includes the 2 that I don't own already.

Oh? Which two?

Forget-me-not and Peach Blossom from the first set.  Not that I own a lot of flutters.  But I do own the other four from the first set.  Just haven't run across those last two yet.
Ah. Welp, best of luck grabbing them.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 17, 2019, 09:57:00 PM »
Am so thrilled about flutter ponies, Morning Glory was my only one but I adored the entire line. This will mean wings! Even though I was very, very carefully with MG. She still busted/lost her wings after only a year. Can't wait to see what the packaging will be for them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: February 17, 2019, 10:04:37 PM »
Hoping for nice wings.

Will Honeysuckle have the Fading Pink or a more sun-resistant shade like Tea Leaf's?

Does anyone who has Snuzzle and Cotton Candy know? I mean I had Snuzzle in my hands briefly for someone else, but I wasn't gonna stick her in sunlight to find out if it faded.

Offline Mythian

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 17, 2019, 10:14:52 PM »
Hoping for nice wings.

Will Honeysuckle have the Fading Pink or a more sun-resistant shade like Tea Leaf's?

Does anyone who has Snuzzle and Cotton Candy know? I mean I had Snuzzle in my hands briefly for someone else, but I wasn't gonna stick her in sunlight to find out if it faded.

Which pony was named Tea Leaf? Was she a G1?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 17, 2019, 10:43:40 PM »
Hoping for nice wings.

Which pony was named Tea Leaf? Was she a G1?

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Tea_Leaf

My daughter owns a Tea Leaf. Very pretty pony.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1430 on: February 18, 2019, 02:22:20 AM »
Lemon Drop doesn't come with her original playset.  :huh: I understand it's cheaper to do what they are doing now but it would be cooler to see the UK release with Kisscurl at least?
Flutter Ponies yay!

Lemon Drop is definitely more iconic so I understand them making that decision. It's weird her coming with a parlour shape set but I bet they'll call it the Show Stable or some such thing, it seems to have Brandy in the images from the box. As for Kiss Curl, as I've said before, BF are interested in presenting the US nostalgia for this collectable. There was never going to be a chance of making Kiss Curl. But for me the purple parlour goes with Kiss Curl. So this saves me the need to show any interest xD.

I worry about the quality of the flutter wings. Flutters are all about wings and if they've reduced the beauty of them for stability they won't be worth buying for me. I'll see. I also assume Rosedust exists because she is the headline iconic Queen Flutter in that silly movie...it would be weird not to make her. It might just be that they made all the ones in a single pose first to gauge interest. It doesn't seem absolutely for sure that stores are taking them on yet, from the other things that were said earlier. Makes sense to make samples in a single pose, rather than double - although I would've thought the other contains the more iconic characters (with Morning Glory also). The missing characters are also the ones that were released in both years in one or other place, too...so you'd think they'd be more popular.

I will be sad if we're missing Powder's set. I don't much mind about anything else, but that's still a gap I'd like to see covered.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: February 18, 2019, 04:12:09 AM »
I guess Basic Fun might've felt they were getting a little too predictable and wanted to shake things up and create some hype (we've gotten used to having retro MLPs at this point, so that in itself perhaps doesn't evoke as much excitement anymore). It seems odd though that we're getting flutters before they've even made a single baby pony. Those feel way more integral to MLP. But then, if they made babies people would expect all the accessories that go with them. That would probably up the production cost and retail price quite a bit. (still hope we get them at some point)

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #1432 on: February 18, 2019, 04:31:48 AM »
I am SO excited about those flutters! I may have to cannibalise some of them for their wings if they are good quality though, original flutter wings are so hard to come by!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: February 18, 2019, 09:02:34 AM »
I wish Walmart would pick up this line!  My nearest Target is an hour away so with the bad weather I haven't been able to look for the rest of the peg/uni set let alone the newer Rainbows/Earth ponies!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: February 18, 2019, 09:35:19 AM »
OMG Yas!!  Retro flutter ponies!!!!  I hope I can get them, I bet they will be sold out the second they hit shelves!

I wonder if they will alter the wings somewhat? (you know, given how fragile the originals were)

So excited the line continues!!! 

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: February 18, 2019, 09:53:36 AM »
Just jumping in to clarify a few things as someone who saw the flutter ponies in person at the booth.  ^.^

- They didn't want the Flutter Ponies to be shown originally as they are not confirmed yet and not finalized. They will only be made if a retailer picks them up. Aside from the wings, the Flutters shown are not new (keen eyed collectors can see if  you look closely ;D)
- The prototype wings are much thicker and nicer. They are well aware of the issue with the broken wings and promised to ensure that wouldn't happen if made.
- They hope to still have them be able to "flutter"
- They hope to make the wings iridescent as opposed to what is shown.

As to other new items, they do have more surprises coming soon than what I see posted so keep an ear out and hope for the best ;D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 09:57:06 AM by Foxtale »
~Foxtale~

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1436 on: February 18, 2019, 10:24:18 AM »
That's lovely to hear that they want to fix the delicateness. It's lovely to have a company who appears to genuine care about what the fans want (side-eyes to Hasbro).

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1437 on: February 18, 2019, 10:29:05 AM »
That's lovely to hear that they want to fix the delicateness. It's lovely to have a company who appears to genuine care about what the fans want (side-eyes to Hasbro).

That makes sense about the manufacture. I remember the mention they aren't confirmed yet.

I am concerned about thicker wings. I am quite fussy about flutters and one reason I love them in box is the delicate wings are preserved. I don't really think thicker wings would look 'nicer' than the originals. I also think them a bad choice of retro for the reason of a need to change the wings...but maybe I'm a minority. I also haven't seen them in person...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: February 18, 2019, 10:34:24 AM »
OMG actual new Flutters! Stronger wings! SO excited about this!  :frolic: :joy: :yippee: :dropjaw: I hope they get approved and made!

I had Rosedust and Honeysuckle as a kid. Oh, to re-live getting these! I may even go back to my old bedroom at my parents' and open the box there, like I did all those years ago with the originals  :lol: Ugh, I bet it takes aaaaages for them to reach the UK, though *taps foot* anyway, something fun to look forward to!  :cool:

Sidenote: I am sure they will do seaponies one day, imagine, lovely clean shells  :lovey:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: February 18, 2019, 11:16:58 AM »
Not thrilled with another Pretty Parlor. I like the colors better but I already have one. Was hoping for one of the other playsets but c'est la vie.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal