collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New :muffin: Pony Pics on Taoboa  (Read 25829 times)

Offline Starie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New :muffin: Pony Pics on Taoboa
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2012, 10:18:12 AM »
The ones that were sold first had larger eyes, so it confirms that it was the prototype or factory reject/experiment version of her. As for the ones sold after the first few waves, they seem to be the final product with the smaller eyes like all the other FS ponies. ..I will name her Bubblecup! ;A;/
Ooh, if someone collects factory variants the larger-eyed ones might be valuable someday! You can't fake BIGGER eyes, after all; it's not like wiping off a symbol and calling your pony a "mysterious blank flank".

They also have a darker yellow streak of hair in the middle that the others don't ^^

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2012, 10:42:39 AM »
*Another not happy G3 collector*  :lookround:

I honestly know "almost" nothing about this particular character. I have been collecting one of each single and Fashion Style pony from the G4 line. I keep trying to "get it" but I just fall short.  :( I just can't fall in love with these like I did with G1s and G3s. So now I need to decide if I will add this one to the pony room or save for an nice nirvana instead. I have a feeling that they will all be sold out at the Con and there won't be any left for online sales. That may make up my mind for me. 

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2012, 10:43:21 AM »
I'll definitely be trying to pick one of her up now! But I WON'T be making the mistake I did last year with the poster and buy one of the first to show up on eBay... OUCH!  :drunk:   It really killed me to see a million of them on sale the next day for a tiny fraction of what I paid  >_<  Of course, I know this could possibly turn out different since it's not a free item and it's a very hotly desired item, but I'm willing to take that chance ^^;
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2012, 10:44:04 AM »
*Another not happy G3 collector*  :lookround:

I honestly know "almost" nothing about this particular character. I have been collecting one of each single and Fashion Style pony from the G4 line. I keep trying to "get it" but I just fall short.  :( I just can't fall in love with these like I did with G1s and G3s. So now I need to decide if I will add this one to the pony room or save for an nice nirvana instead. I have a feeling that they will all be sold out at the Con and there won't be any left for online sales. That may make up my mind for me. 

This would make me a sad pony. :(
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2012, 10:53:52 AM »
I like the G3s, but I have fallen in love the G4 so this makes me super excited! I'm just more curious than ever about our Pony Fair exclusive now! Those are the same type of boxes we always get, so will they switch to G4 for pony fair too??

I haven't kept up with all the negatives surrounding this pony, but I like her reguardless. Can't make everyone happy. I think Ditzy Doo simply could've been called Bubbles.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2012, 10:56:40 AM »
The ones that were sold first had larger eyes, so it confirms that it was the prototype or factory reject/experiment version of her. As for the ones sold after the first few waves, they seem to be the final product with the smaller eyes like all the other FS ponies. ..I will name her Bubblecup! ;A;/
Ooh, if someone collects factory variants the larger-eyed ones might be valuable someday! You can't fake BIGGER eyes, after all; it's not like wiping off a symbol and calling your pony a "mysterious blank flank".

They also have a darker yellow streak of hair in the middle that the others don't ^^
Oh you're right! The older ones have Lily Blossom hair O: I hadn't even noticed...

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2012, 11:00:01 AM »
@Dragonflitter  - I'm sorry. I hope you do get your pony!

With the new influx of collectors I just feel that there won't be as many left as in the previous years. The SDCC pony was available on the Hasbro site for quite a while after the Con. I am not sure it will be around long this year. Between the new collectors and resellers.. I think it will be tough!   Good luck!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2012, 11:00:35 AM »
Oh I didn't even notice the difference in the boxed ones hair. I like the Lily Blossom hair and this one, but I suppose this one is more "show accurate".. Even though that's not an important factor for me at all.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrPony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2012, 11:01:22 AM »
What a relief! I am overjoyed G4 is taking comic-con! They can leave the G3 ponies for the pony fair. This is a shout out to MLP`s newest fans.

I think its funny that, Equestria Daily still thinks she is a fake and G3 pony fans are upset? There are a billion G3 ponies out there go customize one and move on. Find a better reason to be angry like gas prices *ouch*

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2012, 11:15:34 AM »
CC ponies are normally $35 each on the Hasbro stand.

My SDCC pony last year was $16, actually.  So I'm thinking somewhere around there.  Isn't it the fair pony that's 30 or so?

Gosh really! I have been paying over the odds for the last couple of years then...or its always possible I am remembering wrong!

Yep, SDCC ponies are $15 and the MLP Fair ponies are $35.
I really hope I can get this one.  She is so cute!

Thats what I ll have been thinking of! I think the $30odd I am thinking of is because I always pay for international shipping from pony friends...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2012, 11:19:31 AM »
What a relief! I am overjoyed G4 is taking comic-con! They can leave the G3 ponies for the pony fair. This is a shout out to MLP`s newest fans.

I think its funny that, Equestria Daily still thinks she is a fake and G3 pony fans are upset? There are a billion G3 ponies out there go customize one and move on. Find a better reason to be angry like gas prices *ouch*

It is a good shoutout to fans of the new series. The posters were, too. :)

I think :muffin: Pony feels like an inside joke to fans of the previous generations. If you're not interested in the cartoon and you only collect the toys, then chances are that you're not a :muffin: Pony fan. In the past, the Comic Con ponies have been colorful art pieces. Aesthetically, :muffin: Pony isn't terribly pleasing, but if you're a fan of the character, you see past that and enjoy a different kind of novelty about it.

I can see why some folks aren't terribly enthusiastic about this, and I hope that the Fair keeps doing G3 ponies if that's what the other collectors would like to see!

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2012, 11:27:25 AM »
Other than fanon she has very little character

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2012, 11:32:47 AM »
Other than fanon she has very little character
That's probably where she's going to stay due to the controversy she received in "The Last Roundup".

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2012, 11:40:06 AM »
Yes, MrPony, because a custom is EXACTLY the same as an official collectable piece.

I don't see much anger here...some people are disappointed because it's not what they expected, but they're entitled to feel that way, especially since it sounds like Hasbro said they would do a G3 mold pony, so some were expecting that. I think :muffin: Pony is a nice gesture to recognizing newer fans, and it makes sense, but she is kind of an inside reference that isn't appealing to pony fans in general, not even all G4/FiM fans like myself, so it does feel a little exclusive to one group. If that's what Hasbro's going for, well, OK, I just hope they realize that.

And yes, I realize a G3 mold isn't appealing to everyone either, but it's the closest Hasbro has to a "generic" pony, especially since the CC pony tends to be an ornate original character not matching the style of any TV show or previous toy set. I don't think moving away from that somewhat is necessarily a bad thing either, but this is very different from what they've done before. Maybe they'll release two ponies? I doubt it, but that could be cool.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2012, 11:51:57 AM »

Attitudes like this are exactly why there is a divide between new and old fans. No one here was being angry, no one was saying anything bad about G4s, and yet you felt the need to come along and be rude and disrespectful to collectors of older generations.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal