collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: *updated title* PC rare and questionably authentic G4  (Read 3422 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: *updated title* PC rare and questionably authentic G4
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2018, 03:07:41 PM »

Only because of this thread; that I learned that they are not original Hasbro and it's up for debate as to their origin. Everything I've ever seen claims these ponies as "prototypes", and, like what lovesbabysquirmy mentioned, what that word implies is not what would be bought.

As I said in my post that was clipped off, if they were the real deal from Hasbro I might- I've spent $80 on my most recent pony, but it was G1. But, even vendors on Taobao rarely disclose origin, or are likely to lie through their teeth because they were duped into purchasing a bum product or just want to unload it because they were told to or out of necessity. That's the sad reality when it comes to anything that comes out of China that is not sanctioned by Hasbro themselves.

But they ARE the same plastic, the same mold, the same place and the same time as all the official ponies. The origin is not debated. They are from the same factory. How or why they got there is multiple reasons of unknown. I linked old podt with an example of how some of it gets there (although not pony).

Did you ignore the whole thing about Minty without the black, or big eye Muffin?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 03:10:54 PM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2018, 03:10:48 PM »

Only because of this thread; that I learned that they are not original Hasbro and it's up for debate as to their origin. Everything I've ever seen claims these ponies as "prototypes", and, like what lovesbabysquirmy mentioned, what that word implies is not what would be bought.

As I said in my post that was clipped off, if they were the real deal from Hasbro I might- I've spent $80 on my most recent pony, but it was G1. But, even vendors on Taobao rarely disclose origin, or are likely to lie through their teeth because they were duped into purchasing a bum product or just want to unload it because they were told to or out of necessity. That's the sad reality when it comes to anything that comes out of China that is not sanctioned by Hasbro themselves.

But they ARE the same plastic, the same mold, the same place and the same time as all the official ponies.

Did you ignore the whole thing about Minty without the black, or big eye Muffin?

Would you please be so kind as to show me where it says that from a reputable source?

Word of mouth and opinions/speculation are not the same as facts.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 03:12:52 PM by Sweet Daes »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2018, 03:11:40 PM »
Sure.
Who or what will you consider a reputable source

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2018, 03:13:58 PM »
Sure.

Hasbro themselves, stating that they lost control of their own product in the factory commissioned to make the officially licensed ponies.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2018, 03:18:11 PM »
Sure.

Hasbro themselves, stating that they lost control of their own product in the factory commissioned to make the officially licensed ponies.

? No corporation is going to say that. Just like the muffin thread I listed. They kept quiet on the SDCC pony.

But there's ponies where the feet will match up. . . I said that already -- but I'm not digging to get that info if hasbro's word is the only thing you want.

Also, no one in this thread questioned the origin. Origin is known, however, the reasons why they get to taobao vary and are unknown.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 03:19:43 PM by banditpony »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2018, 03:45:00 PM »
If the ponies weren't snuck out of the factory, then how could they have sold Minty and SDCC Ditzy Muffin?  Both of whom were offered on Taobao before any hint of their official release.

To this day, there are a few sellers who sell "real" MLPs, only without their packaging.  Yes, there are lots of bootleggers too.  But there's one seller in particular who has reliably been the first one to sell upcoming Hasbro products--Sandbar, Silverstream the Hippogriff, G4 ponies in school uniforms, and others--before they ever hit the shelves or are announced.  (MLP Merch often breaks upcoming G4 toy news by keeping an eye on their sales page.) And the ponies are the same quality as store-sold MLPs.

If that guy is a bootlegger then he should quit Taobao and buy lottery tickets, LOL.

Edit:  When in doubt look at the tail.  Bootleggers almost always produce a 'showerhead' style of tail rather than Hasbro's "clasp" style tail.  The only exceptions I've seen to this are ponies made of hard plastic instead of vinyl.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal