collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: the walmart brony shirt made yahoo news...oh my MLP making news,woo hoo  (Read 8514 times)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
Re: the walmart brony shirt made yahoo news...oh my MLP making news,woo hoo
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2012, 08:24:51 AM »
Yawn.
You know.
I bet these cheap "retro" G1 vectors are cheaper then FiM and that's why we see them more.
Besides WLF, and besides KIDS shirts, are there many FiM shirts with G4

Websites like welovefine.com have a plethora of FIM shirts available for purchase, LOTS of other stuff available with G4 artwork on it besides t-shirts as well from that site.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2012, 06:08:52 PM »
If it were just the ponies, I would buy that so fast!!!

In other news, I want to move to New Zealand.  So much awesome.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2012, 06:29:43 PM »
Yawn.
You know.
I bet these cheap "retro" G1 vectors are cheaper then FiM and that's why we see them more.

Websites like welovefine.com have a plethora of FIM shirts available for purchase, LOTS of other stuff available with G4 artwork on it besides t-shirts as well from that site.

I guess I should of been more specific. O
I think WLF (welovefine) has a good contract with Hasbro to be the main producer of FiM shirts. I think that's why we don't see many other companies making FiM shirts (except for a couple kids shirts).

What other companies have produced a FiM shirt, in a jr or adult size... in a physical store? (The HT ones are WLF shirts).  ? I can't think of any off the top of my head. There might be some... But if there are some, there aren't many.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 06:36:38 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

steampunk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2012, 06:57:06 PM »
My brother in law is a Brony, we got him the shirt from Hot Topic for his 30th birthday. I wonder if he's seen this one, and his opinions :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2012, 08:16:29 AM »
Yawn.
You know.

I guess I should of been more specific. O
I think WLF (welovefine) has a good contract with Hasbro to be the main producer of FiM shirts. I think that's why we don't see many other companies making FiM shirts (except for a couple kids shirts).

What other companies have produced a FiM shirt, in a jr or adult size... in a physical store? (The HT ones are WLF shirts).  ? I can't think of any off the top of my head. There might be some... But if there are some, there aren't many.

We probably dont see them to any extent in national retailers because its not worth the risk - no matter what way we look at it and how big the brony fandom is, stocking shirts with MLP on the front for adult men is still going to be considered a risky proposition for many retail buyers.

WLF's advantage is that they print on request so they dont have to hold stock on lots of shirts and lots of designs hence why they have so many options.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2012, 08:23:00 AM »
I really disagree, I'm pretty sure WLF has a contract. It's a bigger risk to put a G1 Glory on a shirt that says "Ponies Forever" for men. ...For men? I know we have our men in the community here, but it's a safer bet to put a G4 pony on it, to ride along with the G4 brony wave. That shirt specifically got me thinking about it. Besides, the walmart shirt is making a reference to bronies. It's not really that big of a risk if they can call them out in name.

The fact of the matter is, at least in the US, WLF has a contract with Hasbro to make the FiM pony shirts. WLF has it's second line (MightyFine I believe) for retail. So while, the .com might do print on demand , they still have their retail outlet as well. At least, it really feels that way.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2012, 11:29:38 AM »
Oh I am not denying WLF are a licensed Hasbro merchandiser of course - I am just saying they manage to carry so many options because they have the facility to not carry everything in high stock quantity at the same time. You will only get that variety though someone on line retailer, any high street presence stores will not stock the sheer variety as seen on their websites. 

The Glory shirt has clearly been an error, I am sure a buyer planned to stock one single pony shirt along with the other retro style t-shirts and picked what they thought would work best or perhaps all that they were offered by their supplier. Yes, they should have carried a FiM shirt but perhaps Walmarts suppliers in that department dont or cant buy a license for mens wear. Perhaps the blame for limitation lies with WLF themselves, its always possible they have an exclusive license for mens wear or even adults wear clothing and thats what is stopping anyone else carrying FiM shirts and therefore if a buyer wants MLP product they have to rely on the vintage vectors
Loa is my love god!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2012, 05:32:27 PM »
(: Still misunderstood.

Of course WLF is a licensed Hasbro retailer. I'm saying that, it is my belief that they have a contract to produce most or all of the FiM T-Shirts. I'm not saying anything about the massive amount that they carry online, I am solely speaking of retail store stock (which is smaller). I'm saying it because there are no other companies that are producing JR-Adult FiM shirts for retail stores.  I mean heck, I can't even think of any other online company that is selling /licensed/ FiM shirts, but I really bet that's just because I'm being forgetful. really forgetful.

Can anyone tell me where else there has been a licensed FiM shirt that was not made by WeLoveFine/MightyFine in a JR/Adult size? I can't think of one.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2012, 08:13:58 AM »
I doubt WLF got an exclusive contract with Hasbro for FiM t-shirts. That would be a silly thing for Hasbro to do, to limit their T-shirt sales to one company. Plus we've seen companies like Macy's have kid-sized shirts. So would Hasbro tell WLF that they can have an exclusive contract just for adult sizes? That sounds silly and arbitrary. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Most likely, as hathorcat said, no one else is producing FiM t-shirts in adult sizes because it's such a niche market and they don't want to take the risk. They see a company like WLF is already covering the niche with a pretty wide spread, and don't want to bother getting into such a tight market with so little possible return.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2012, 09:26:22 AM »
Does it really make a difference If the FIM shirts are purchased online or in a store?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2012, 11:15:52 AM »
I too think it's unlikely that WLF has an exclusive contract.  It should be pointed out that as far as Hasbro licensing is concerned, "My Little Pony" is probably "My Little Pony", regardless of generation.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2012, 11:37:55 AM »
I too think it's unlikely that WLF has an exclusive contract.  It should be pointed out that as far as Hasbro licensing is concerned, "My Little Pony" is probably "My Little Pony", regardless of generation.

If that is true then Hasbro and I have something in common.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2012, 03:21:55 PM »
@banditpony :( I think we might have been saying similar things but misunderstanding one another :) I didnt notice you mention exclusive contract in your initial post hence where the confusion may have stemmed from.

Truffleshuffle in the UK stock adult size FiM shirts and they do ship to the US but they are mainly a UK retailer and off the top of my head they are the only ones I can think of outside WLF. WLF have carved themselves a lovely niche in the market with a close relationship with the brony community from advertising on their websites, attending Cons, etc - its going to take a brave clothing manufacturer to go up against them right now and try and get their foot in the door. So perhaps less exclusive contract and more it being a market that no other on line retailer feels there is space for them in and one no high street retailer is willing to take the risk on.
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal