collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does fabric stain ponies?  (Read 464 times)

Gogobinsin

• Trade Count: (0)
Does fabric stain ponies?
« on: August 18, 2012, 01:03:53 PM »
So I know that if you leave hard plastic items on ponies then it will dent them and the colour rubs off or stains but how about fabric items? Yesterday I got my first fashion style - Twilight and today I got Pinkie Pie. I've removed both of their tiaras/headbands and Pinkie's saddle but I don't know whether to leave their fabric dresses on or not? Is there any danger of the fabric causing any problems stain wise? Thank you for any help ^.^

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Does fabric stain ponies?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 01:51:56 PM »
It can. With the G3s we saw some of the fabric clothes they came with staining the body (especially with the Halloween sets.) You might try soaking the clothes in white vinegar for a short period. That can help to make the clothes color fast. I've never had fabric be damaged doing this, but as with all cleaning advice do be careful and don't leave them in the vinegar for long. Also do only one piece at a time in case the dye comes out a bit, don't want to ruin the clothes

Elf

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 02:03:41 PM »
It depends on the fabric, but elf's advice is great.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 02:16:51 PM »
Yes I always try to use white felt or something white under everything with color before putting it on my pony long term.  Even plastic like a hair band can discolor a pony. Anything with color can damage them.  Also a clear plastic band can sometimes cause a yellowish mark on ponies. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 03:34:17 PM »
Yes, as Elf says its not only possible but we have seen it happen - much of the material used in pony wear is not colour fast and therefore you run the risk of colour running/rubbing and staining plastic.

I have seen plenty of people say vinegar and while I havent done this myself for fear of other issues it could cause it is a very clever way of sealing dye and lots of people have had great success. If you dont wish to so this then using a thin white cotton layered between your pony and the coloured clothes items is just as effective.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 08:19:11 PM »
I tend to display my ponies nekkid, no clothing or accessories (with the exception of ribbons and barrettes). I've seen too many ponies stained by the clothing they are wearing, even in the box.

The G3 halloween ponies with the black clothing accessories were even stained before they hit the shelves for sale. :(
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal