collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: This is devestating =(  (Read 2622 times)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
This is devestating =(
« on: August 07, 2012, 09:21:40 AM »
I'm finally starting to go through my ponies and set them up since my Ponyroom is taking shape. This should be a very happy moment for me since this is something I've been wanting for most of my life.

However, during all those years that I couldn't have my ponies on display I put a big chunk of my MIB G3's in big movingboxes in our basement. This basement was broken into 5 years ago and the ones who had broken in had left such a mess there. I went through all the stuff that was left that was associated with my collections because many of the boxes had been stepped on etc. and I had to put it all into new boxes.
I never did a complete inventory then because of several reasons. For one thing I didn't have enough room to do so, I was heartbroken at the time and barely wanted to look at the mess, there was way too much to go through to even have time for it and so forth.

Now I do have the time though and I've been going through everything. And the more I went through, the more I realized was missing. Checking my old checklists I've discovered so far that 2 of 3 ponies from the first winter series is gone, all ponies from the second winter series, 3 of 4 of the disney princess ponies, the easter egg Buttershotch and Pinkie Pie - and this is just the start of it :cry:

I just feel so heartbroken at the moment. Just like I did 5 years ago right after it happend. That was one of the reasons I stopped collecting back then and right now I just feel just about ready to give up once more :(
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Hunter-Rose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: This is devestating =(
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 09:30:55 AM »
Oh my God! That's seriously awful, I wish I could help you out in some way but I don't have any of the ponies you mentioned  :( I'm sure someone else here on the Arena can help! Don't give up hope <3

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 09:35:11 AM »
That is so sad Desert Rose. :(Can you list the ones here you are missing and maybe we can help you find some?

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 09:36:33 AM »
dont give up desert rose!  *hugs*  i know its hard to come back form such a devestaing loss.  if thers anythi i can  do to help let me know!  i can keep an eye out  for the  ones your missing if you like.  i'm  going to  a big flea market in a couple weeks.  though i cant guanretee htey'll be mib.  but i can do my best to help you  :grouphug:

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 09:50:22 AM »
I've got a bunch of unopened mlp I'm getting rid of. If you list what you're missing and I've got any, I'll send them your way?
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 09:56:34 AM »
:hug: Thanks for the support, I really need it. Just feel so beaten by it :(

My mum and ex-fiance told me to start scouting Ebay and try to find the ones I'm missing and buy some of them and they will pay for it. And while that is very nice it's just.... well... There's still the fact that someone came into MY basement and took MY beloved ponies =( And all I can think about at the moment is "Where did those gals end up? Are they allright? Are they loved by some kid or have they've been thrown away? :cry:".

But I'm working on my G3 collection and display at the moment. Once I'm done I'm gonna update my wishlist and put the ones I lost right at the top. I want my Marshmellow Coco and Mittens and so forth back home with me again.
Allthough right now I just feel devestated and more like "what's the point?" :(
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 10:06:32 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear that! How terrible that someone would steal your ponies :( Don't give up though, you can always get new ones :hug:
My Wish List

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 10:15:16 AM »
Don't give up!  I know that it's hard, but they can be replaced, like the others said.  Maybe there are some nice people on the Arena that will help you replace them. :)

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 11:25:24 AM »
Ugh, I know how you feel :S My basement back home gets broken into regularly. Apparently, when my mom was there last time a few months ago, to look for my pony stuff, she found it broken into again! fortunately, we had a huge door we removed from our apartment blocking the way for the thieves and they didn't manage to take anything this time but they have stolen stuff like my bike before :S so yeah, i feel for you :(:( But I expect that whoever stole your ponies didn't do it to throw them away. they probably resold them, that's what thieves do.

I just hope you don't find they stole too many of your ponies :( fingers crossed!
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 11:55:23 AM »
I did know they took the first Bratz I ever bought which was an exclusive one in a kimono. Can't for the life of me remember the name. But I remember every last detail about the doll. I also figured they took a bunch of other Bratz dolls since one of the moving boxes that contained them was half empty.

I always thought they didnt really take anything MLP related since most of those boxes seemd untouched allthough some were open. Now when I do notice there's a bunch gone it's just horrible :(

I could never figure out why they would take toys and I still can't. And I'm guessing it was teens cuz they had climbed in the window which is really rather narrow. And they had also found a special wine bottle that I got in Turkey that they had cracked open and drank from and poured a whole lot of it out over the stuff down there too =/ Aside from that they had stepped on alot of things and kicked it about :(
Just basicly seemd like someone had broken in there just for fun, gone through everything with no regard to that it actually belongs to someone and taken what they could carry.

I'm just thanking my lucky star at the moment that I never put my MOC/MIB G1's down there >.<
~*Erica*~

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 11:58:11 AM »
Oh no! What a heartbreaking thing to learn. :sad: I really hope you can find your girls back soon... don't worry, there are lots of people here at the Arena who can and will help you build your collection back up. :)

Just one other thing that I'd like to add though... they may have stolen your ponies, but please don't let them steal your hope. I know it hurts, but don't let those pieces of poo-poo make you give up. Giving up is only letting them win.... and people who stoop so low as to steal are not winners in my book.

Best of luck to you. :hug: :heart:

EDIT: We posted at the same time so maybe... since your MLP boxes were mostly untouched but your Bratz box was half-empty, maybe it was mostly ponies that were inside the box with the Bratz? You may have put them together and then forgot about it. I'm sorry that they took your kimono girl. She sounds really gorgeous and those bullies are horrible.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 12:03:16 PM by Rachel-Eyes »

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 11:59:54 AM »
some people just... dont care about other peoples things. if its nto thres they dont care.   and  other people break itno things for fun... they wer maybe mean spirited.  or just wnated to be mean.. 

but the good news is.. that   yes while it hurts  to have to recolelct and rebuild.. that now y ou get to have new memorys attachd.. i'm sure that a lot of people here will help you rebuild!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 12:01:48 PM »
People who intrude in people's homes and steal stuff are not even human, they are pure scum, useless to society. >-<

I am sorry this happened to you :( I agree with making a list of the ones you are missing to see if members here can help you out :hug:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 12:13:16 PM »
That's horrible  :cry: I would be devastated too. I am so sorry.I remember my first G3 pony I ever got, MIB Twilight Pink but I can't find her and I know I've searched all over... >.<
If it means anything at all, it may not be hard to regather your lost G3s since they are quite common on the market even MIB ones. And like Rachel-Eyes said, don't lose hope with collecting. It can be hard when you feel bummed out like losing a chunk of your collection. But maybe if you focus on some other sets or ponies you like that you didn't have at the time it can help you get your "pony groove" back.  :hug:

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 12:29:16 PM »
i really can´t understand that, who breaks into a basement and steals ponies?!? they should get a life, geez.
i can totally feel your situation, please feel well hugged!! >o<  but times will get better and i bet you´ll get ponies back again. ;) sun shines again soon! ^^
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal