collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Wave of Blind Bags in Yellow!  (Read 13786 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: New Wave of Blind Bags in Yellow!
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2012, 07:30:22 AM »
I think her "surname" is Lunamoon....
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2012, 09:02:20 AM »

And as others have said I dont quite understand why Heartstrings has been renames...I prefer Heartstrings over Lyra Heartstrings...

Same here. But after seeing so many people freak out about those first blindbag names and about :muffin: Pony's name being removed, i think Hasbro is almost scared to change those fanon names...
I don't like all this catering to bronies (since i think some of the names are terrible.) but at this point i'm happy they at least kept the "Heartstrings" part.

1 - where are earth ponies?! as everyone else has asked.

2 - golden delicious in the show was a boy pony with three yellow apples on his brown flank. what the heck is this unicorn with an apple family name? apple family is earth ponies! and golden delicious was a stallion! i know sometimes the show doesn't match the toys, but this is too far off for me.

That Golden delicious is based on a G3 pony. Though the G3 version was an earth pony if i'm not mistaken. XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

sweetsong100

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2012, 09:11:33 AM »
I just saw these myself today, and they're pretty cute (even though they're the same mold) I wish they put in more male ponies. I also hope they come out in the US soon, at least the other waves, and not just the first.

Oh yeah, the wedding ponies (mane six) are available at K-Mart, if you check out their website, you'll see.

Offline gallifreyan_pony

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2012, 09:23:10 AM »
I like that Celestia and Luna are going to be available, new molds are very welcome, but I'm not overly excited about the rest. I think I just want loads more new poses and seeing the same RD, Twilight and Rarity poses for almost the whole set is dull no matter how pretty the colour schemes are.

Lyra Heartstrings and Trixie Lulamoon seem to be sensible compromises to me, I'm cool with these new names; I hope that's how they're packaged when their brushables are released.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2012, 09:33:12 AM »
Princess Luna looks nothing like herself and I can't believe they're not using the season 2 version of her in the character art. I'll be wanting the Celestia and Diamond Rose. Also Junebug because my birthday is in June.^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2012, 09:52:06 AM »
I hear a lot of bronies saying these blind bag ponies don't look anything like the background characters in the show... but keep in mind that the fan names that were chosen for the background characters, some were taken from G3's (like Sapphire Shores and Golden Delicious). And Hasbro has been taking a lot of G3 ponies and remaking them as G4's, so it stands to reason these are not supposed to be the show's background characters. They're just new toys with G3 names.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Alrak

• Wicked Pony of the West
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2012, 12:27:35 PM »
I like the new wave very much^^. i just wish they would be sold in my country

Rococo

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2012, 01:39:48 PM »
These are neat, but it'll probably take forever to come to the States, if we even see it in stores at all. u_u Still waiting on waves 2-4 over here... Especially wave 4. I want those metallic paint ponies damn it.

No earth ponies though? That makes me sad! Also the heads on the alicorns are sooo tiny and their mane and big eyes engulfs it even further... wow lol.

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2012, 01:56:45 PM »
I really don't think those alicorns are real blind bag toys, with the way they look cobbled together from the two halves of the two sides of the original Princess Celestia toy.  The Happy Meal Celestia is at a similar scale to the blind bags, and the sculpting on it looks nothing like that.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2012, 02:52:42 PM »
Earlier I was thinking about something, but forgot to put it in my earlier post. Anyway, I really don't like how this wave includes some of the TRU exclusive ponies. I mean, yes, they are slightly different colors, but they're still the same ponies. It really makes them less special and less "exclusive" and it's not fair to those of us that shelled out the $25 (or was it $30, I forget) for that set. I mean, when I got the set, I already had the main six, so I only really got it for the exclusives.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2012, 04:23:31 PM »
Earlier I was thinking about something, but forgot to put it in my earlier post. Anyway, I really don't like how this wave includes some of the TRU exclusive ponies. I mean, yes, they are slightly different colors, but they're still the same ponies. It really makes them less special and less "exclusive" and it's not fair to those of us that shelled out the $25 (or was it $30, I forget) for that set. I mean, when I got the set, I already had the main six, so I only really got it for the exclusives.

This is a good point, they have been confirmed to be TRU exclusives, right? As I recall from my G3 collecting days, I've NEVER seen a toy that is promised to be exclusive in one store wind up in others.

The reason being is that stores have to bid a LOT of money with Hasbro to get the right to claim an exclusive pony. You can be sure Target paid big $$$$ for their 'Canterlot' toys, and TRU had to shell out a lot to be able to be the only ones offering that set of minis. A store would not be too happy to find that they paid a lot of money to a toy company, and then the company offered that same toy somewhere else. It could end up in a lot of lawsuits at the end.

Now that isn't to say this set is necessarily fake. Maybe this wave of blind bags would be exclusive only to TRU? Who knows. Only time will tell.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2012, 04:59:55 PM »
The reason being is that stores have to bid a LOT of money with Hasbro to get the right to claim an exclusive pony. You can be sure Target paid big $$$$ for their 'Canterlot' toys, and TRU had to shell out a lot to be able to be the only ones offering that set of minis. A store would not be too happy to find that they paid a lot of money to a toy company, and then the company offered that same toy somewhere else. It could end up in a lot of lawsuits at the end.

Well, the TRU / Target exclusive toys are brushables, whereas these are tiny blindbags.   So a store would not consider them to be the same toy.   Just like if a store sold an exclusive version of Ariel the Mermaid, that would not stop other stores from selling other Ariel dolls . . . it would only put that particular Ariel doll off limit.

Personally, I will be vastly surprised if Hasbro doesn't make another brushable version of Luna, seeing as Cadence's "small" pose (the non-talking one) looks JUST like her.  Right down to the style of shoes she's wearing.

EDIT:  Nevermind, I just figured out you guys were talking about blindbag Skywishes and such.  (I am out of it today! I thought you meant Luna.)   Yeah, I could see how that would be frustrating after buying the TRU pack.   If they are slightly different colors, that's probably how Hasbro plans to get around the technicalities, but it's still sort of rude of them.

I wonder if that is why Lyra is also significantly different in color compared to her last release. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 05:03:09 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2012, 05:05:48 PM »
I'm really happy about Princess Celestia, Luna, & Cadence blind bags, BUT where are the boys?  They only made four without glitter.  =-(

Flickerswift

« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2012, 08:17:53 PM »
I'm not surprised Hasbro is releasing "exclusive" toys more than once. The colors in the "exclusive" set and the blind bags are slightly different. Hasbro also said Thundercracker Transformer toy was an "exclusive" BotCon toy, but then changed the color slightly and released it everywhere. Hasbro is kind of full of lies.

As for Fluttershy, it might just be the toy the photographer got their hands on had an error with no paint on its hair. I've seen ponies with errors before that have been posted in Hasbro's official pictures, and I'm betting there are far from official, so my guess is Fluttershy will be correct when she comes out.

I forget who asked it, but yes, Lyra Heartstrings is different than Heartstrings. The paint has been changed a bit to be more show accurate.

On the fact that there is a lack of earth ponies, well… I'm kinda glad. I can't say much for the masses of unicorns, but they have been putting the least amount of pegasus ponies (by ratio) in with the blind bags so far, so it might even the numbers up a bit. Also, I kind of hate the Pinkie Pie mold anyway because it gets knocked over far too easily.

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2012, 08:53:44 PM »
You make some good points, though I still say Sapphire Shores would have made so much more sense in the Pinkie Pie mold.

My current guess is that these images are probably from someone who works for Hasbro, but are probably not the finalized designs.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal