collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Non-pony collections  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Rychu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Non-pony collections
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2020, 05:37:46 AM »
I primarily collect care bears! I have over 400 now. I also have started collecting jellycat bunnies.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2020, 12:22:24 PM »
Besides the ponies...
Fiestaware
Dollhouses/miniatures
Models of people's teeth (especially oddities; supernumerary teeth, etc)
Those purse covers where you have a base purse with interchangeable covers/handles to change the look of the purse depending on what you're wearing. They were a thing for a while about 10 years ago and everyone at work really got into them. Looking to sell those soon though. Now that I have 3 kids, I never anticipate needing a purse that small ever again.

Not really an ongoing collection, but I still have my American Girl doll and all her accessories from when I was a kid...it is a large and almost complete collection of that particular doll, so I guess it counts.

On my son's behalf:
Die cast Disney Cars.

On my mother's behalf:
Vintage Little People sets, vintage Fisher Price stuff. She doesn't know how to use a computer/Ebay, so I'm always buying it for her. She is so delighted every time I bring her a package! Probably more so than the original kid who received it.

When I was younger I collected:
Beanie Babies. Sold them all except for the stingray at a yard sale for 25 cents apiece...not sure if that was stupid or not.
Lava lamps and other interesting psychodelic light fixtures. Most of them have been the casualties of numerous moves over the years, some I gave to my stepkids as I got older and my decorating style became less 'Early 'American raver chick'. I think the only one left is the giant lava lamp that is so big and heavy it would cost a fortune to ship if I ever decided to sell it, so I guess it will keep my ponies company in my hobby room for the foreseeable future.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2020, 03:35:50 PM »
Model horses. I have a lot of model horses of various brands. Over 100

Weapons-I have a small collection of swords, knives and a scythe.

Skylanders/Amiibos. I have a decent amount.

Mega Man. I have a small but slowly growing collection.

Transformers-I've got a decent sized growing collection.

Care Bears.I have a very small collection.

Rocks, crystals and seashells. I have a small collection.

I don't actively collect action figures or plushies but I have a few.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2020, 02:10:51 AM »
Monster High

Kitty in my Pocket (mostly 90s ones, but I have a few more recent ones too!)

Ty Beanies (I don't actively collect these but I have my favourite childhood ones on display as part of my toy collection)

Random toys that I like (sometimes I like to just have one or two examples of a toy-line I like for my toy collection. E.g. I have one Jem doll, a couple of DC Superhero Girls etc)

Vintage and antiquarian books, in a wide variety of languages

Oscar Wilde related books, figures and general paraphernalia (it's amazing how many things have Oscar on them!)

In the past I've also collected CDs and LPs with songs by Jim Steinman on them; vintage postcards; and crystals.

This summer I've been collecting broken action figures :lol:. There's a block of flats near our house that sometimes has boxes of free stuff outside. I've got really good things there, for example Monster High Dracula and (most of) his kitchen, a book of fairy tales in Polish, and a Ty iguana (no ponies....yet!). But what they had the most of was various WWE, superhero and soldier action figures, generally with missing arms/legs/sometimes even heads. So me being a total softy I ended up rescuing them and I've been having a fun time repainting, making new limbs, and sourcing new heads on eBay. I've basically started a retirement home for damaged action figures!

Someone writing on a thread like this once said "Cat hair". Yeah, I have quite a collection of that too :lol:. Also I think my cats are toy collectors themselves, because there are certainly a lot of cat toys around :lol:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 02:13:30 AM by Shaz »

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2020, 02:44:56 AM »
Things I collect

Barbie’s (for customs and Made to Move bodies for dolls)
My Scene
Disney Classic dolls
Littlest Pet Shop (only for the zodiac from Fruits Basket)
Ever After High (doubles of the dolls for customs)
Lego Friends
Lego DC Batman (figures)
Lego (pieces to make my own Lego Friends houses and that)
Lottie Dolls
Our Generation clothes
Design a Friend (clothes for my Billie doll plus accessories)
Stephan King books (The Shining and Doctor Sleep) got to get Carrie and Pet Semetary
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2020, 03:16:45 AM »
I collect way too much... :lookround:

~

- Sylvanian Families

- Fairy Tails

- Random toys I fall in love with

- Anything mushroom/toadstool

- Anything forest (trees, pine cones, owls, fairies etc.)

- Anything Irish/Celtic

- Souvenirs from my favourite island

- Halloween stuff (though I'm a bit picky! I love pumpkins, (friendly) ghosts, spiderwebs and such, but I hate skulls, mummies and anything that looks really evil, but I also hate the overly cutesy stuff)

- Jewellery, especially earrings *cough*Imayhaveabigearringproblem*cough*cough*

- (Gem) stones

- Pretty tableware

- Band merchandise (especially Cranberries and Red Hot Chili Peppers)

- Patches, but my backpack is already full :cry:

- Seasonal decoration for every season

- Last winter I went crazy over a savings promotion from Albert Heijn where you could collect tiny little winter houses, eeeeee!

- Pretty little trinkets in general

~

Spoiler
I recently bought an adorable necklace of a magpie holding a little key. It's just perfect for me, since I tend to identify with Pikkie from Alfred J. Kwak. :mrgreen: Because this is basically me when I see something pretty:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2020, 09:22:01 AM »
I used to have a lot of 1980s toy collections but I got rid of almost all of them for space reasons. The ponies basically took over.

I still have a considerable sized Jem collection <3 with vintage and IT dolls.

I have a fair few MH dolls but I am also going to resort that collection and only keep my favourites, again from space concerns. I would've done that this year but lockdown happened :/

I don't know if it's a collection, but I have a fair bit of genpei related stuff. It's more related to my academic pursuits though. They're more 'research' related? But either way I have them.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kittyhasnosoul

• Drink 'n' Wet Pony
  • :)
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2020, 11:58:22 AM »
Oh yeah! I have a huge collection of Disney Frozen stuff, plus Monster High and furbys. I used to have over 100 furbys displayed in my room, which is way more ponies than I have right now ^^;

Edit: I forgot, but I've also collected American Girl dolls. I used to have way too many for one person ^^;
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 12:00:37 PM by kittyhasnosoul »

Theo | 18 years old | seminonverbal autistic | Ponies!!!!!  :cool: :cool: :cool:
:enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2020, 03:29:37 PM »
Monster High and Ever After High. Of course these are done now and I only need one more doll to be happy and close my collection forever. I was never completionist about these lines.

The only active thing right now are realistic animal figures like Breyer or CollectA. I don't even want that many ponies anymore. Three grails are left until I can say "no more" in regards to MLP.

I am still tempted by fashion dolls but try to resist the doll devil as much as possible. I do have a small fashion doll collection that isn't EAH/MH because I have a general love for them, I don't even know why. I guess I see them like other people see BJDs or studio dolls, as little art pieces.
I fully blame MH for opening that door. Before MH came out I was happy and doll-free.

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2020, 12:39:22 AM »
Besides ponies and related items, I've got a bunch of other collections (probably more than this little house and yard should hold XD):

Glass and porcelain insulators
Model trains
Railroad signal equipment (the heaviest items)
Railroadiana
Road signs
Zoids
Aircraft and car models and diecast
Semi trucks (diecast & plastic)
Cassettes
records
Fruit jars
Bottles
80's toys & memorabilia
Horses
Unicorns
NES games
R/C cars and trucks (most in custom MLP related schemes)

Small quantity items:
Lightning rod balls and rods (only 3 balls and 2 rods so far)
Monster High

Plus I have a large amount of S&P shakers, knick knacks, and glassware that belonged to my mom.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2020, 01:40:11 AM »
I've collected various things through the years, right now I'm hunting down all the Disney classics on bluerays. Unfortunaly some of them has been remastered with new voices and in those cases I try to get the DVD with the old voices.

I also collect cat whiskers. This doesn't mean I cut the whiskers off my cats but whenever me or hubby find a loose whisher they have dropped we save it in a zip bag. I don't remember how or why we started it, but we have done it for years.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal