collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who else can't wait for the Walking Dead? SPOILERS  (Read 3128 times)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Re: Who else can't wait for the Walking Dead? SPOILERS
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2016, 01:17:51 PM »
Yeah our household is struggling with the logistics and reality of how big the map is... and how time has passed.  I mean sometimes there are clear moments of storyline and then... there's not.  Clearly we are dealing with a regional geography - they haven't traversed into anything too different climate-wise! 

I have a problem with the "map", too! And the comics don't help at all -- I live in Atlanta, and the comic writers clearly didn't research the geography (or the climate) of the area AT ALL when they wrote the series. In the show, if they're in the deep south (and even Washington DC can be considered south) in summer, they should all be walking around with their shirts off. They should NOT be wearing long sleeves at all times, as they seem to do. And what was with that part in the show when Rick decided to take a little day trip back to his home neighborhood? How did he get back there so quickly? Have the characters been staying in a 100-yard radius this whole time? If so, why don't they notice other people living near them until the show deems it necessary? There are just soooooooo many logistical problems with this show, I could go on forever.

That said, I love the show. Having read the comics, I pretty much knew what was going to happen on the season 7 premiere, and I actually didn't watch it (I'll get to it when I'm ready). I don't have nearly as much of a problem with major characters getting killed by other humans as I do when they get killed by zombies. I mean, come on -- if you're standing around in the woods, no zombie is going to be able to sneak up and bite you suddenly. You'd hear it shuffling through the leaves and underbrush! So many people have died ridiculous, pointless deaths in the show. In the comics the deaths make a bit more sense, as there isn't as much detail to show all of the circumstances of the characters' deaths.

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2016, 03:16:18 PM »
Why does everyone leave so many zombies alive?!  I don't care if it's caught in a fence, every alive zombie is a zombie capable of biting someone! 

Exactly.  I've often wondered why not just stab them as they're casually coming across them... I understand the saving ammo thing, but surely you could at least stab the ones you casually pass by, you know, "just in case".

Minimal effort to decrease the risk of being bitten later.

On the other hand, having a moat of rotten zombies around your home might be useful to keep other zombies at bay.  Or, perhaps zombie heads on stakes a la Vlad the Impaler. Surely a living fence of zombies would be useful for protection from other groups -- humans and zombies alike...

« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 03:20:17 PM by sunshine29102 »

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2016, 03:28:59 PM »
That was too much. I'm done. Grotesquely killing zombies who are already dead is one thing but that kind of human on human violence takes it to a level I am not willing to engage with. Seems like the show has veered away from everything I found appealing about it in the first place. I'm not upset at who died or even how, I knew that was coming. But the portrayal of it went too far.

Agreed. Anyone else get kind of angry that they show such disgusting evil violence? Makes me truly sick. I couldn't fully watch the scene and all of the hits. I actually just watched that since everybody was talking about it (I'm a couple seasons behind/quit watching) but it made me definitely not want to pick it up again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2016, 04:25:42 PM »
That was too much. I'm done. Grotesquely killing zombies who are already dead is one thing but that kind of human on human violence takes it to a level I am not willing to engage with. Seems like the show has veered away from everything I found appealing about it in the first place. I'm not upset at who died or even how, I knew that was coming. But the portrayal of it went too far.

Agreed. Anyone else get kind of angry that they show such disgusting evil violence? Makes me truly sick. I couldn't fully watch the scene and all of the hits. I actually just watched that since everybody was talking about it (I'm a couple seasons behind/quit watching) but it made me definitely not want to pick it up again.

While I'm not done with the show. I am truly disappointed in the way they did that scene. I mean come on I know it's a zombie apocalypse but they just went for the WOW factor and it was nasty. I mean it made me physically sick to my stomach to watch it. And yes I understand that the comic went there and all that but there is a limit to what someone can get away with in a comic vs. tv.  I just hope they don't stay on this path of being so violent all the time.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2016, 07:15:44 PM »
Was this scene actually aired that way? How come the premier if season 6 got abridged/ censored, but not that one? It was truly disgusting and the way Negan made fun of it was even worse.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2016, 05:42:51 PM »
Was this scene actually aired that way? How come the premier if season 6 got abridged/ censored, but not that one? It was truly disgusting and the way Negan made fun of it was even worse.

Not sure; didn't watch it live on-air... 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal