collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which retailer in your area provides the best customer service?

Wal-mart
2 (8%)
Target
11 (44%)
Toys-R-Us
3 (12%)
Meijer's
3 (12%)
Other (Please Post)
3 (12%)
None. All the ones in my area provide lousy service!
3 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Which retailer in your area provides the best customer service?  (Read 1149 times)

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
The wal-mart in my area really sucks at customer service...they're rude and really don't know how things go.

My Target, however, they are friendly with me and even offered me to call them to check things in stock rather than making a blank trip. They also ask me if I need any help when I walk around, and it's easy to start a conversation with them.

I don't have a Toys R Us or Meijer's in my area, so I'll have to say Target only:P

(P.S. This topic is not to offend any current employees who try their best ;) )
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
Re: Which retailer in your area provides the best customer service?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 10:26:19 AM »
I have a Walmart, TRU, target, and Kmart in my area. I would say walmart is the best but maybe b/c so many people know me...my cousin is the manager there. Target is the worst then KMart...very rude employees. Never helpful and when I asked about the items recently released at target no one would go get anything from the back. They were three days behind putting them out from the release date. I even took a print out with the item numbers and pictures! I hate giving them my business but they were Target exclusive. Glad to hear other Target's aren't like mine!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 10:29:54 AM »
I work at Target...but I would still say Target. Wal-Mart employees don't really help very much.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 10:34:16 AM »
Kmart is awful. I haven't needed CS from Target or Wal-Mart, really. So I voted TRU because I have called them before and they check their system and their shelves when I call looking for something specific.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 11:08:29 AM »
Our Target is super friendly- there is always someone who asks if I need help finding something.

It is impossible to find someone at TRU- the employees are not rude, just harried and busy.  I think they probably need to hire a few more people.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 11:37:49 AM »
*Moving this to Off Topic* Thanks~PonyLady
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 11:48:07 AM »
I would say my Meijers is. There is ALWAYS someone around to ask or poke for help. I've noticed Target must have updated their policy to include the five foot rule because they never used to greet the customers. Then one day maybe a year or two ago, they all started doing the five foot rule.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 05:57:03 PM »
All the stores we visit, the people there love us. We "shop" alot but don't actually buy stuff very often, but when we don't visit that store for a while, everyone we encounter asks where we've been and tell us we've been missed. Never really had need for customer service exactly but we've never had any trouble with unfriendly employees.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 06:05:25 PM »
Mmm, I'd say TRU. I've never needed assistance there aside from returns, but only TRU employees have gone out of their way to be polite and offer help. They always say hello, and last time I was there at least five people asked if I was finding everything okay etc. It was really nice. We asked for assistance at Walmart once and were sent back and forth across the store a few times. >.< I don't blame the employees too much (most of them were polite), more the fact that Walmart is so huge they can't know where everything is (though I'd wish they'd say that instead of "uhhhh maybe over there").

Though I will say I prefer returning items to Walmart. I was given $5 cash when I brought back a pony, compared to getting less than I should on gift cards when taking items back to TRU.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 06:49:40 PM »
Target.  Absolutely.  There's a really nice guy who works around toys who is incredibly helpful and never judges this 30 year old woman for buying ponies and MH dolls after I've already told him I don't have a daughter.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 07:02:13 PM »
 ^.^ Family Dollar, no lie! I got my Spring edition G4 Fluttershy at Biglots! and that was fun, since Fluttershy was the only pony on three lines of wall pegs!  :lol:  ( I may go back to snap up a few more... since they had an army stockpile LOL )

I've been able to find non-core pony brushables ( Feathermay! <3 )  there while WalMart and Kmart tend to only stock mane 6 ponies. I go in, take what I want and it's always a quick trip.

Target is a close second but I typically don't shop there.

WalMart is literally across the street from my home and they have such a hard time keeping the MLP section of their toy isle stocked or even kept up. Blind Bag Boxes are always ransacked with ponies stolen from packs and other neighboring toys spilling over into pony stuff.

Avvie By Watercolors

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 10:23:53 PM »
How interesting...

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 11:26:44 PM »
customer service is definitely the worst at walmart. I've had to stalk attendants and then have staring contests with them while they did everything they could to avoid me.
I've also tried to get them to price heck, or get other assistance when I could get them to talk to me, and they're just really short and more often than not just say that they don't know *punch*

Miejer - I've never been seriously shoppng where I needed help. So I can't really comment. Nor can I comment on the other two because I've only lived here 2 months and target/TRU are far away XD so I haven't made a trip yet.

slightly off topic, but I find that Taco Bell always has the nicest people working there XD Genuinely nice people, not scripted crap like Chicfile workers parrot. They're not grumpy and just "get your food and go" like subway XD
Taco Bell, at least here, is always cheery :)  So getting a quick lunch when I have a exhausting day at work, can be the hope I need in the middle of the grind :)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 10:12:36 AM »
None of the above?

havent had issues with having to deal with customer service recently :)

Closest I can think is Target...an hour and a border hop away, 3 or 4 years ago.  Super friendly.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 11:51:50 AM »
The best CS around here is hands down the grocery store I go to.  It isn't a national chain so I won't bother with the name.  ;)  But seriously, they are amazing.  If they don't have something in stock they will try their very best to get it for you, the cashiers are all usually very pleasant, the meat counter guys will cut stuff down to size for you if you can't find the right amount in their packaged food, a lot of their produce comes from local growers, they do a lot of charity work in the community... I could go on! 

Also, all their male employees are quite tall, so it's great to be able to go in and get help if I can't reach something on a shelf, lol! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal